Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest 2 Referrals thread - Free €30 store credit

Options
  • 18-12-2021 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭

*Mods, please delete if not approved*

To try and keep referral discussion out of the main Oculus Quest thread, I figured could keep it here.

What are referrals?

Quest owners can send potential buyers a referral link which if used will reward the buyer and referrer with €30 in store credit. The new owner gets theirs as soon as they set up the quest. The referrer gets their credit later. Each Owner gets 5 referrals a month.

How do referrals work?

NB. This can be done after buying the Quest as the purchase doesn't have to be completed through the link. Just be sure it's done before you set the headset up.

1. Both parties must be friends on facebook. So when requesting a link, you must be prepared to become friends with a stranger. You can unfriend them after the process is complete. (I'm not sure what happens if you unfriend them as soon as you get your credit but before the referrer gets theirs)
    2. The referrer can use the app, clicking the diamond in the top right, or log into the oculus website and navigate to the referrals there.
    3. Choose who you want to send the link to.
    4. Upon receiving the link the new owner will have to click it and proceed with the instructions.
    5. When you receive your headset, set it up as normal
    6. You'll receive a notification that the credit has been added to your account.

Who can I ask for a referral from?

Reach out to one of the people listed below. We will be working through the list so check the the thread to see who's next to be referrer. The list will be added to as we get more volunteers. Look for an updated list in the thread (As I can't update the post after 24 hours) and maybe a mod can update the OP on occasion.

The new buyer can reach out and then post if they were successful in contacting them.

Link to official page about referrals

Please note:

The Oculus Store credit (or any unused amount) automatically expires six (6) months after the activation date.

Thanks to jj880 for the below info for referrers getting their credit

Once someone accepts your referral link their facebook profile pic and name is added to the referral section of the oculus app. Under each person a 7 day countdown starts when they activate their headset. When the countdown finishes a "REDEEM" button appears and you get your credit once you press it.

Post edited by Mr E on

Comments

Advertisement