Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest 2 Referrals thread - Free €30 store credit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭jj880

Updated Referrer List:

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • KeefyRamone (last active May 27 2022)
    • copperspock
    • Mech1
    • F00t13f4n
    • Horse_Boii
    • mrcheez
    • A2LUE42
    • bungaro79
    • JACK BE NIMBLE
    • wallaby72
    • Splish Splash
    • Treppen
    • sfatih
    • Richnerd
    • deadduck
    • amber2
    • Only

Next person looking for a referral PM @mrcheez for a referral link.

Steps for accepting a referral:

1. Please do not create a meta account before opening the referral link.
    2. Please do not activate your headset before opening the referral link.
    3. Open the referral link.
    4. Click login to continue.
    5. Create a meta account (I recommend setup with email*).
    6. Use the same meta account login you created to set up the headset.

*You can add your facebook and instagram accounts in headset settings later if you want.

If you have already activated your headset and still want to try accepting a referral:

1. Factory Reset: Open the mobile app->settings->devices->factory reset. Please note any installed games will have to redownload and any game saves not backed up to cloud will be lost.
    2. Remove the Meta Quest 2 from the "Devices" section in the meta quest mobile app.
    4. Login with your meta account from before factory reset.
    5. Setup your headset again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,633 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Referral sent to pissed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

@mrcheeze account setup, updating headset. Thank you.

Can I be added to the list please?

Updated Referrer List:

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • copperspock
    • Mech1
    • F00t13f4n
    • Horse_Boii
    • mrcheez
    • A2LUE42
    • bungaro79
    • JACK BE NIMBLE
    • wallaby72
    • Splish Splash
    • Treppen
    • sfatih
    • Richnerd
    • deadduck
    • amber2
    • Only
    • pissed
    • soap1978

Next person looking for a referral PM @F00t13f4n for a referral link.

*You can add your facebook and instagram accounts in headset settings later if you want.

If you have already activated your headset and still want to try accepting a referral:

1. Factory Reset: Open the mobile app->settings->devices->factory reset. Please note any installed games will have to redownload and any game saves not backed up to cloud will be lost.
    2. Remove the Meta Quest 2 from the "Devices" section in the meta quest mobile app.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭soap1978

Use my referral link to buy Meta Quest 2, and we'll both get a €30 Store credit to use on apps and games: 

Admin Edit: referral links not allowed.

My son got one for Xmas not sure how this works thanks

Post edited by Mr E on

• Advertisement

Please edit your post and remove the referral link.

The only way you can get referral credit now is by factory resetting the headset. As its your son's Christmas gift I'd say he wouldn't be best pleased with having to do that today. If you do want to try a factory reset we can get you a referral link to follow the steps.

Ive added you to the referrer list so you'll get to refer someone else via PM when its your turn.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Can you please add back in F00t13f4n as the next referrer - he gave me a referral but I didnt use it as my eldest son has an older quest and I used his referral instead (I thought it ad to be Quest 2 to Quest 2 referrals) - sorry for the confusion!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Can I be added to the list please, I just bought a quest and got a referral from a friend

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

I just spotted on the app that we can now do app referrals - send a 25% off code for an app you own, and get €5 credit each time.

I forgot to say, I didn't get my referral credit in the end. The person I referred used the link, but their son then set up a new account on the Quest anyway. Oh well.

Excellent. Been waiting on that app referral update for a while.

Here is the official meta.com link to the terms for app referrals as there are some steps and rules to follow:

Also here is where to get the app referral link from My Library in the mobile app:

I might set up an app referral thread over the weekend and see how it goes. Think it would need to be seperate from this headset referral thread as both together could get messy.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Advertisement

Updated Referrer List:

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • copperspock
    • Mech1
    • F00t13f4n
    • Horse_Boii
    • mrcheez
    • A2LUE42
    • bungaro79
    • JACK BE NIMBLE
    • wallaby72
    • Splish Splash
    • Treppen
    • sfatih
    • Richnerd
    • deadduck
    • amber2
    • Only
    • pissed
    • soap1978

Next person looking for a referral PM @copperspock for a referral link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Copperspock sorted me out with a referral. Thanks

If I could be added to the list now also that would be great.

Updated Referrer List:

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • copperspock
    • Mech1
    • F00t13f4n
    • Horse_Boii
    • mrcheez
    • A2LUE42
    • bungaro79
    • JACK BE NIMBLE
    • wallaby72
    • Splish Splash
    • Treppen
    • sfatih
    • Richnerd
    • deadduck
    • amber2
    • Only
    • pissed
    • soap1978
    • cullenswood

Next person looking for a referral PM @F00t13f4n for a referral link.

completely forgot I had €30 credit .. when does this expire after you get it?

Terms and Conditions say 12 months.

Walkabout Mini Golf have released a big bundle of 10 DLC courses called "Whole In One Pack"

It's €34.99, so €3.50 each add-on.. but aren't most DLC either 2.99 or 3.99, so you prob save at most 1 euro?

Includes the main game also so its a good deal. You only get charged for what you dont own in the bundle. Couldve always been that way for bundles but I only noticed recently.

ah right, includes the game, missed that! Then it's a good deal alright!

@paulie13

Please see above quoted post. @F00t13f4n please PM paulie13 a referral link.

Updated Referrer List:

• Housefree
    • CastorTroy
    • cyborg
    • deckie27
    • WarZoneBrother
    • Doge
    • jj880
    • copperspock
    • Mech1
    • F00t13f4n
    • Horse_Boii
    • mrcheez
    • A2LUE42
    • bungaro79
    • JACK BE NIMBLE
    • wallaby72
    • Splish Splash
    • Treppen
    • sfatih
    • Richnerd
    • deadduck
    • amber2
    • Only
    • pissed
    • soap1978
    • cullenswood

Next person looking for a referral PM @A2LUE42 to get a referral link.

Meta have updated their terms to clarify that referrals are for first time Meta account headset activation. I.e. if you already own a Quest 2 and purchase a Quest 3 then no referral unfortunately. Officially that is. @mrcheez has managed to refer himself while upgrading from Quest 2 to Quest 3 resulting in 2 x 30 euro referral credit. Please see these posts for more info: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121224934/#Comment_121224934 and https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121226237/#Comment_121226237

1. Please do not create a meta account before opening the referral link. (as per MrCheez's post below)
    5. Login with your meta account OR Create a meta account if you dont have one (I recommend setup with email*).
    6. Use the same meta account login when setting up the headset.

Any updates needed to these steps please let us know.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Advertisement

Just an update as I created a new account to activate my Quest 3, from my existing Meta account (and in turn got 2 x €30 credit).

The first step above doesn't seem to be required as I did the following...

• Created a new account on Meta (logged in on separate browser just to be extra safe as I didn't want to wipe all my cookies on my main browser)
    • On the Meta app on the phone I logged in using my existing account and created a referral (note that the referral link has "meta.com" but that doesn't work it has to be "oculus.com" so make sure to change that), and emailed it to myself
    • Opened the link on the separate browser while still logged in on meta.com as the new account
    • After completing the process, I signed out of the Meta app on the phone, and logged in as my new account
    • Then proceeded to setup the Quest 3 via the headset and app
    • Received 2 x €30 credits (make sure to click "Redeem" on the account that created the referral)

Great work! Double credit! Just to clarify for anyone MrCheez is upgrading from Quest 2 to Quest 3. I guess some questions I have are:

- are you keeping both devices on separate accounts? If so then ignore the rest of my questions 😆

- if not then how do you then get the Quest 3 back to your old main account with your Quest 2 game library?

- Can you gift games worth 30 euro from your burner account to your main account?

- is Asgards Wrath 2 a game code you can use with your main account?

- what happens with the free PCVR download of Asgards Wrath 1?

- are you doing some kind of game sharing thing?

Just want to be sure its all good before others try it 👍

Just charging the thing now.. I'll try logging in with my old account in a bit and fill you in.

From what I can tell Asgards Wrath is tied to my new account but that doesn't matter, I can just sign into that account when I want to play it.

Some people on reddit claim it's tied to the headset ... so not sure yet as it isn't released yet

- Can you gift games worth 30 euro from your burner account to your main account?

yes... I just did this now.. bought Red Matter 2 for €29.99 as a gift and sent it to my main account.

Clicked the link in the email (which took 5 mins to arrive) and clicked "Redeem gift" link and got the game for free!

Fyi for anyone following MrCheez's double referral credit steps when upgrading from Quest 2 to 3. Seems you can hold off on redeeming Asgards Wrath 2 and Meta + until after you factory reset.

So in theory you could gift your main account a 30 euro game from your burner account, factory reset and setup your Quest 3 with your main account. At that point redeem Asgards Wrath 2 (Asgards Wrath 1 then appears in your Oculus PCVR library) and Meta + on your main account. That way you get a free 30 euro game + 30 euro credit + the Quest 3 bundled freebies all together on your main meta account including your existing game library from Quest 2 👍

Post edited by jj880 on

I just tested adding my main account to the existing headset and it works as if it is the main account.

So I'm able to install all the games from my main account. Superhot looks amazing in this headset!

Seems I have access to Asgards Wrath 2 there too.

I guess if I factory reset the device and registered it with my main account then I'd probably get Asgards Wrath 2 there too as it seems to be when u first activate the headset with your account that u can claim the game.

Thanks for being the guinea pig on this 👍. Double referral credit is a nice welcome to anyone upgrading from Quest 2 to Quest 3.

yeah I owe it to them after my many years of nefarious high seas exploits

I might try the factory reset thing before I apply the Quest+.. maybe next month

for now, I'm happy with the setup as is... maybe we'll have a clearer picture by next month anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Thinking of possibly getting Quest 2 depending on BF deals and Christmas lists.

My understanding is, I will order the Quest and a few days before setting up (Christmas morning) I request the referral code and us it during the initial setup.

• Advertisement

You need to open a referral link and sign up for a meta account (I recommend the email address option) before turning on the headset. This will link the referral to your meta account. Can be done any time now (lasts 90 days) as long as you then use the same meta account details when setting up the headset.

Meta account sign up email option after opening referral link:

Please PM @A2LUE42 to get a referral link.

Advertisement