Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,080 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Starting an over 55s walking football thing too in wit arena I think. I hope whoever buys the club when the inevitable sale happens continues the community initiatives

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

This smacks of a bit of desperation and I don't think it will have a major impact on the attendance.

People, for various reasons, some well documented are staying away. The performances on the pitch are not helping and I don't think this will draw the crowds back, weather and Rugby World cup game on isn't going to help either.

I'm a season ticket holder and to be honest I've missed a few games lately,and for the first time in a long tome, I'll be considering whether to get one next season.

The owners/club did not deliver on the promises made after last seasons play off, that we would would have a team that will win promotion.

They might go up via the play-offs, but as we saw in the cup game, there's a massive gulf between the premier and the 1st division.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,997 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Christ another loss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭decies

Turned it off at half time as I had to hang up washing which to be honest was more exciting it was like listening to pot black those commentators and that performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Deiselurker

Miserable night at the RSC. 1487 there which was decent but if it had been a nicer night more would have been there with the promotions that were on. Can we turn form around for the play offs? We could struggle to win the first division play off on current form and that's before we face a premier team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Absolutely dreadful Friday night, totally blunt upfront. We badly need the injured players to recover, particularly Coughlan.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

I'd rather they shoot lights out in play offs than now...can they switch it on though? If we couldn't do it with Junior and Phoenix last year I'd fear for our chances over a four game run

Very hard to switch back on when we've been so poor for so long tbf.

Players coming back would help, Coughlan obviously and Baggley. It's just a slog

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Galway into a Cup semi final reminiscent of us in 2021& 2022

Outside of UCD the Premier is very competitive and the 9th placed team will be so difficult but we still have 2 teams to get over first. The current 3rd and 4th placed teams have beaten us at home

• Advertisement

They have and Wexford in 5th also beat us at home in May. Longford away tonight so hopefully we can get a win to get back on track heading towards the playoffs . We've drawn 3 times with them this season so won't be easy.

Good 3 0 win away to Longford last night and Ronan Coughlan is back so hopefully things are starting to turn for us after a difficult month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭decies

Good away win but my god Longford were dross .

Galway claim the title finally and UCD are relegated from the Premier

Looking like Cork will finish 9th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Yeah you'd imagine the focus has been on the playoffs for a while now, just get everyone fit and primed for them.

Cork City seem a step up going by there decent cup semi final showing

TBH we have 3 games to get over first against oppisition we lost too in the past few months

Well beaten in Galway, it's not an off and on switch putting in a performance. Playoffs can't come soon enough but might be over quicker than we expect if we sleepwalk into them as we have the last 5/10 games of the league season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Gardner

The season is over lads. As posted 12 months ago, there is still players at the club who are not up to the standard whatsoever but there still on the books, local players also. If we do get through and meet Cork in the final, we’ve already seen this season when we meet them, how far ahead they are compared to us.

As for management, this is Rennie’s 4th stint at either manager or assistant manager at the club. He wasn’t good enough the last 3 times and he certainly isn’t good enough now. Its clear as day, the players are limited in their ability but so are Long and Rennie.  

The whole situation with Fleetwood and the chairman is toxic. There are rumours floating about that the club is up for sale. The club is a basket case of crooks and frauds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I wonder would Netflix make a series out of it ....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Before a ball is kicked it'll always be difficult for a team in a lower league to beat a team playing in a higher league. Cork have been playing against better opposition all year and presumably have a higher budget (although that might not be the case).

I don't think your assessment of Rennie is fair. He's very highly regarded and Derry were sorry to lose him when he went home to Waterford, and he's also been involved in the Ireland set ups.

I do agree with you in terms of the Fleetwood situation. In overall terms the club is probably on a stronger footing from when he bought it, but you'd have to have concerns about the nature of his conviction and its potential impact on the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Fellas don't like Reni's personality and let this cloud their judgement. His record speaks for itself whilst manager of the blues. Won the first division, qualified for Europe and then comfortably kept them up with no resources. He was excellent.

Post edited by Smell the glove on

First leg of the Semi final playoffs tomorrow night up in Athlone with the 2nd leg Saturday @ 3pm in the RSC

Athlone won't fear us and have really put it up to us this season so far. A sizable win would be ideal

The club paying for the supporters club bus

All too play for on Saturday after last nights 1-1 draw up in Athlone

Won't be pretty in the RSC if they go on too lose

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

Do away goals count in this format?

Fancy us to do it at home Saturday, insanely choppy form aside we should have had minimum 1 penalty last night if not 2.

Just looking at the ticket web page and loads of tickets still available, early yet, but whoever the genius was that decided to have the game at 3pm on a Saturday needs a good kick. Surely the normal 7.45pm Friday night would have been better.

Maybe the time was picked weeks ago in case of Ireland getting to a rugby world cup final

Not pretty but we march on to the 1st Division playoff. We will have to improve a ton, also be in a neutral ground

Could we actually end up facing Cobh in Turners Cross and Cork City in Cobh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Turners x it is .

Advertisement