Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Boooourns

I find it hard to believe there was 2,423 there last night, loads of empty seats in the new stand and the old one wasn't full either, I wonder if they just included the season ticket holders even if they didn't show up.

The start of the season was brilliant, huge crowds but it's definitely died off. Hopefully the club get the excitement going for the game next week, Bohs will bring a good crowd. Only 1 week if the hurlers left as well 😁 well unless there's a miracle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,146 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Rovers are averaging about 6k a game, Shels, bohs, pats etc. 4k

We are on par with Derry at the minute in terms of average attendance but ours is definitely dropping.

The results, and performances at home stopped the sunshine group coming out I suppose, would always be that way they don't have any actual commitment to the club, supporting the club I mean as evidenced by the attendances when things were bad, and very bad but it is a shame because the people in the club are now really making big efforts to engage with the community, social media, invest in infrastructure etc.

I hope the town gets out more consistently and supports the club, we should have pride in jt

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭skaface

Wouldn't read into it too much.. Lots of games in schoolboy lge were played on Thursday I think which didn't help attendances (crazy decision if true).. also, lots of lads working shifts with work that might not have been able to get swaps they would usually get on Friday.. lots of end of year school presentations were also on Thursday.. all these factors wouldn't help attendance.. I'd imagine there will be a big improvement in the Attendance for Bohs next Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭decies

regarding attendance nothing to see here as we head into summer months the crowds drop off it’s always being that way , holiday season is upon us .

Was more at the Thursday game than had been for the previous (Friday night) home game though. Would imagine your right in that more will come out for the Bohs game, bigger team & the team have had back to back home wins so a bit of buzz to bring back in the less regular heads.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

The Renie factor will bring a few extra as well. Also Bohs fans are great,there should be loads of noise on Friday.

What's great about them.. they attacked our supporters coming out of the cup semi final two years ago..

They have a great following. All Dublin clubs have a scummy following in some way, shur didn't we have our own headcases back in the 80s 😂!

Part and parcel of football unfortunately, I saw a few Dundalk lads and our lads going at it after the cup game 2 years ago in the RSC. There will always be dopes.

Be a good crowd by the looks of it, club saying stand tickets nearly gone and terrace tickets available.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Deiselurker

Great win last night and up in 4th now with games in hand on the top 3 teams. Good atmosphere there too. Padraig Amond has been some signing. He scores the goals but also works so hard. Tough game away to Derry on Monday but on current form we should not fear them.

• Advertisement

Useless, Long out.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dk1982

That other head the ball on here will be quiet for a bit at least. Until the next slip up obviously...

They have me on tenterhooks , surely now is the time we get a positive post. Everybody is enjoying this brilliant run they're on....or are they....

Monday be a very tough one, I don't expect anything there. In seriousness the squad is starting to get a bit stretched in terms of injuries, Baggley likely out till August, Asamoah gone for 6 weeks, Macadam back to Fleetwood with an injury, I'm missing someone too I'm sure 🤔 we are in a brilliant position but the target hasn't changed for me, just survive

100% it's all about staying up this season anything else is a bonus. The job Keith Long is doing is just brilliant to watch though, he's easily one of the best in the league, backing him in the next transfer window could push us in even further which is really exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,160 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Shows a trip to Derry is so hard

Well the good news from today is we only have to play Derry one more time. They have our number bigtime, although they do have loads of quality in that team.

Our squad looks a bit thin with a few injuries.

Yeah true, although I saw McEleney was stretchered off , he would be a massive loss, brilliant player on his day.

Hopefully someone wins it rather than Rovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,356 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not what a lot of teams have been saying this season.

we are generally quite poor at home, often so predictable and ponderous. But we seem to have your number, you never figure at all when you visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,356 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not a chance. Due to Higgins, no other reason because we have the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gardner

the same auld failings of Long reared it's head again last night. Ned a minimum of 4 to 5 signing in this window. big game on Friday. Sligo pulled 6 from 6 over the weekend.

😂 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

🤣🤣🤣🤣 I actually admire him now. I get it, the penny drops, he's a piss take account 🤣🤣🤣

I'm absolutely buzzing after that tonight, what a brilliant performance. Some great football on show, just a great allround performance.

Great to see Radkowski playing so well, hopefully he has settled into the side after a slow start, thought he was really good tonight.

Block E was electric tonight.

Great win tonight

Europe could be calling but still long way to go

Great win in the end against a depleted Sligo side.. we need to start better in games tho, against better opposition we'd be in trouble..could have been 2 down after 20 minutes last . Should be a massive crowd for Shels game on Thursday.. I'd give us a great chance against them, we should have gotten a draw up there last month..On a side note, Podge has been some signing for us lads.. unreal.. ##BLUEARMY.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Dunmoreroader

Brilliant win after dodgy start. Podge is unreal the work he does and the flick-on headers holding off defenders, timing of runs for goals. Stay fit and we're hunting Europe and he's up for league POTY.

Be a few more days at least till we hear from Gardner though, that's the only drawback of being the form team in the league

• Advertisement

Pattison also missed an absolute sitter within those 20 minutes as well.

Advertisement