Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,084 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

What do you mean it should have never got to this?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭jimmythesulk

The whole league is a farce. Nothing matches all season of no importance. Recently came across a blues supporters page on Facebook. A collection of people absolutely bored with their lives. My god, some of the people on it could do with getting a good ride for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

To be fair that can be said of any club on the planets supporters page. Especially the cringe English ones with Irish people involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Cringe isn't a strong enough word for those type of Irish people that support English clubs and take it to that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Bit of a shambles with the 'game' last night....

Team in cork, supporters on the way down ... Game called off...... 🙄

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

should have been pulled at 2pm with weather due to get worse as evening wore on. shambles as per from fai

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Incredible lack of decision making!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,010 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sadly won't be 3rd time lucky for us in the Cup as our journey for this seasons competition ends at the hands of a heavy 3-0 away to Cork City

I don't mind going out, hell I don't mind somewhat playing possum against Cork as they will likely be our playoff opponent if we get there but I don't think there was any of that last night, we were utter dirt to a man.

The team is ridiculously inconsistent, can beat anyone and in turn can actually also be beaten by anyone.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I think the challenge for Waterford is that they're playing in a really poorly structured league setup. Galway had the league tied up since probably May/June which has left Waterford playing 4-5 months worth of stage rehearsals for the playoff fixtures.

It's great for Ronan Coughlan's confidence to be slamming in goals every week, but realistically he's only under pressure 3-4 times a year when they play Galway.

The net result is that they get a bit of a shock when they travel to a team like Cork who are playing against better sides every week. This is also going to be the problem when hopefully Waterford come through the playoffs and end up in a promotion/relegation fixture vs Cork later this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

2-1 defeat at home to Athlone tonight

Hard to feel confident going into the playoffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Constant change of managers, constant change of players, constant change of owners. You're having an absolute laugh if you expect that to work.

Btw it's been proven this season that Danny Searle was harshly treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Deiselurker

We were poor in 2nd half last night. Lots of the ball but didn't create much. Cresswell missed a sitter but other than that can't remember many clear chances. Build up play too slow. We need Baggley and Coughlan back. I agree about Danny Searle. Have Long and Reynolds improved the team much? It was looking good when they first came in but recent form not good.

Club is a joke. Fleetwood academy is all it is. And then when you look at the supporters page, seems to be a lot of unstable middle aged men who obsess about league of Ireland soccer, which their governing body don't even give two hoots about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Imagine that. A league of Ireland clubs supporters page is obsessing over the league the club they follow plays in. That has to be one of the daftest comments I've ever seen on here.

It's hard, it's not good enough but it is hard to be motivated when playing glorified friendlies non stop and what, 7 more to go?

It's worrying because it's hard to just switch back on when the playoffs do get here but it's clear that

A. When Griffin isn't playing/fit we really struggle in midfield

B. Baggley is also a big loss

C. Coughlan is a massive, massive loss

D. Players are playing within themselves with one eye on playoffs

Just wish they would end the league and start the competitive football again.

Or just fix the **** system now we have two divisions of ten teams

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

I agree 100% with your points but just on the last bit of having one big league, not sure if it would be the best for say Kerry/Cobh to be getting trounced by the top teams every game. In my mind the only thing that needs sorting is a rethink of the promotion pathway.

Not one big league sorry didn't mean for that to sound like that if it did. Just a straight 2 up 2 down format and get rid of this playoffs to reach a playoff thing.

Could have 1st go up automatically like and 2-5 in th first division playoffs, but then that's it - no more having to play the 9th team from premier

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

Ah on re-reading I picked it up wrong!.

For sure this current period of limbo waiting for playoffs is affecting crowd numbers, and most likely having an adverse affect on playing levels too.

• Advertisement

So when will Galway actually secure the title ?

I'd say some of the supporters of the Premier clubs would love too be heading down to Waterford/Galway etc for games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭decies

Spanish bloke signed . Played 12 games or so last 3 years .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Wasn't there a story about a Brazilian player who got a contract with us years ago because of where he's from and turned out to be ****

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Mad story

A bit like something from Father Ted

Defence isn't even the issue tbh, but I assume he has been signed to take Nolans place really following his retirement.

What is needed is Griffin back fully fit and Baggley too, joint top assisters in the league and their absence has been really felt in midifeld.

• Advertisement

Trying to get the fans back to the RSC

Advertisement