Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Ultra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I ordered the 15 yesterday morning, got an email saying delivery would be 9-12 of October. They money was taken from my account last night, I got an email about 20 minutes ago saying the Phone is shipped and will be here Friday, it may even be here tomorrow I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dylkil

where did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭pad199207

Cancelled my 15 Pro. I’ll wait a little longer to see how the reviews get on.

That whole overheating fiasco had me hot and bothered so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,868 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Thanks foe the update, why do you think the pro max is taking so long to be added? Demand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

Probably. Why sell at the discounted rate when you can sell it at the full price without a problem. Like, people are literally waiting until November to get the natural titanium 15PM.. Once that dwindles down, you'll be able to get the 15P/15PM with the f&f discount.

And in the end employees can still buy it with their own discount. It's only the friends & family that have to wait a bit (and then a bit more from the date f&f is enabled until phone gets delivered 😅).

On the other hand non-pro and both watches seem to be in stock no prob at all. Like, I ordered my AW U2 yesterday, and tomorrow morning I'll have it. Something tells me folks are not standing in lines for AWU2 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pacman114

Anyone buy from Select? Any disadvantage over ordering direct from Apple?

I bought mine from Select. I got it on Friday, I also got the colour I wanted and they have 3y warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭nhg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Anyone know delivery times from Apple or select for the ultra 2?

• Advertisement

Apple:2 days for ultra 2. Literally ordered yesterday and it will be delivered tomorrow.

Great stuff thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭corks finest

3yr warranty is savage

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm still flip flopping between the Pro Max and Pro here. €200 more to get the bigger screen, 5x zoom and double storage over the base pro seems ok value.

Anyone have any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭savemejebus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Have you used the larger size before? My only thought is that I found it too big. I often use my phone one handed and wasn’t really able to do that when I had a Plus phone before. Even if I could manage it, I personally prefer the smaller more compact phone anyway. I don’t watch video on my phone so a bigger display isn’t necessary for me.

If you want a bigger display and don’t mind the size, I would definitely get the PM for the camera and added battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've currently got a Pixel 6A which replaced a Pixel 6 which I smashed and needed something quick to replace it. Before that I'd a P30 Pro. All were similar size to the Pro Max but slightly smaller.

I'd watch a decent amount of YouTube most days 9n the phone.

I thought I read that the Pro seemed to be the better battery performer at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭henke

Also have a Pixel 6 and considering Pro Max but been Pixel/Android for years and it's a case of working up the balls to do it.

Looking at those size comparison sites it looks only very slightly larger than a Pixel 6 so presume it wouldn't be a massive adjustment. The regular Pro looks significantly smaller and I don't know but for me may to too small to back to that size.

https://phonesized.com/compare/#1884,2299

Just go to any store and see it first hand 👍

Regarding the switch: I had S series or Note phones for the past 10 years (every year, latest flagship), and this year I bought iPhone and so far it's OK. I don't think I'd go back to Samsung, but that's my personal preference based on a set of features I use on the phone.

BTW pro/pro max: 5x camera is crap so don't let that be the deciding factor. 10x camera on Samsung is equal amount of crap as well to be honest :D

• Advertisement

If u can afford it

go for the pro max

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Go for the Pro Max, this is the first year where the physical size has shrank. It's not much but next year's iPhone is reportedly going to 6.9" screen so it'll be even larger footprint.

If you don't like it, you'll get a good resell value for it and probably get the price of a 15 Pro anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I went from 14 pro max to 15 pro and the size feels so different. Not sure if it’s because I got used to the bigger screen size after going pro max since the 13, but kinda having buyers remorse if I’m being honest with myself. I was humming and hawing over the pro max but when they became available for preorder I went with the pro option because it was giving a Friday 22nd release day, whereas the pro max was giving me late October. I’ll probably just give the pro a go for the year and return to the max for iPhone 16, feels like a totally different phone mainly due to the size weight and colour so it’s nice in that respect and I’ll get used to it quickly enough.

Size matters 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭pad199207

Seen all the 15 models today in the flesh. To be honest I wasn’t blown away by the Pro Models.

I must say I do like the colours of the base 15’s and even the screen on them seems to be much brighter and brilliant than my current 12 PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dylkil

If there is anyone else here still waiting on iConnect to fulfill their pre-order I finally got a response from them. It looks like they never fulfilled any pre-orders and won't have any stock for another 7/8 weeks so I've asked them for a refund. I'll be staying well away from them in the future and telling others the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭speedfreak

15 plus is getting some good reviews so worth a look o would suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Should hopefully get a 15 Pro Max next week, what are people doing for cases? The Apple ones look nice but their pricing is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Ordered the ultra 2 from select and they are stating 2+ weeks for delivery, not sure if I should cancel and try Apple direct

Advertisement