Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Ultra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

Get a decent case etc

then relax

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

Just in case if anyone was wondering how fast was 15PM charging. It seems to tap out here.

Charger is 45W Samsung PD with PPS and all the other bells and whistles

On a 25W Samsung charger, it will tap out at roughly 24.6W.

So from the iPhone perspective, I wouldnt waste money on the 45W for sake of charging the device faster by not even 2W.

The reason for this could be as w3ll that my chargers are limited at 9V to provide 3A (27W) and 2.77A (25W) respectively.. So if you have some cheap charger that can do 15A on 9V, it would be interesting to see how fast could it charge the iphone

My Chinese tester couldn't figure out which charging protocol was Apple using (if any).

For Samsung it would tell you QC2.0, 3.0, PD 2.0,3.0,PPS etc

Post edited by Fwarder on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭pad199207

Mine isn’t due for delivery until the 3rd to 10th Oct.

I feel I’ll give in and cancel before then. The reviews don’t seem to be giving me anything special

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

• Advertisement

Half price by the time it comes😊

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭pedatron

Phone coming this morning. Very excited to be fair. Reviews/reports are kinda a bummer considering this is the most I've ever spent on a phone but as the lads said I'll just slap a case on it and fire on anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Apart from people doing silly drop tests and purposefully trying to break/scratch the phone for clicks, what reviews are giving you pause?

I've seen mostly glowing praise about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭pedatron

A couple of reviewers are claiming it gets very hot in the hand but again that appears to be under extreme workload like shooting 4k Log footage. Doesn't concern me again but you'd hope they're cooling the chip properly. Battery life would take a hit if it's running hot. Still buzzing for it all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

The phone will last YEARS if it just used for its normal purpose. No dropping from a height repeatedly, no scratching it with a Stanley knife, no running every CPU intensive activity for hours on end, no bending and bending to get it to snap. Just used for the normal i.e. texts, calls, photos and internet and apps like everyone else does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Just wondering have you had any update on your order from I-Connect? No update here and no reply to my emails either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Max input is 27w, same as last year I believe. (https://appleinsider.com/articles/23/09/18/iphone-15-pro-wont-charge-faster-than-iphone-14-pro-claims-report) Went with an Anker 45W charger as that will do my 12.9” iPad as well which draws a max 36W.

Long shot but has anyone returned a product from the online store to Apple with TNT? Printed all the docs but driver wants a commercial invoice… which Apple can’t provide me. If anyone has had that experience let me know please.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Can any confirms it's available on apple friends and family now?

I returned something to Apple with TNT in May. TNT sent me the Apple invoice when I was arranging the collection by email.

They send me the TNT paperwork in a separate email.

Did you arrange the collection through email? It so check did they attach an invoice in one of the messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Thanks. Yeah, TNT sent me the label, consignment & manifest docs. Have all them. But there was also a “International shipments will also need a commercial invoice.” section in the email which suggested I need to create one myself and gave me a template. Apple are investigating anyway so hopefully it will be sorted. Thanks again 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dylkil

I was speaking to someone from i-connect today on the phone and they said they are only starting to process the pre-orders, so should expect to hear something this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eggy81

Is there anywhere I can get the standard 15 in time for Friday week. Walk in preferable.

Harvey Norman is showing stock for some configurations for click and collect. Worth having a look and see if they have the one you’re after.

Disregard the negatives it’s a decent phone

apple dont mess up really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Received this morning, proceeded to charge and swap over and have been using since approximately 12.30, initial thoughts are:

-it's significantly lighter with a smaller footprint than the 13 Pro, so much so that I was checking my pocket in Tesco

-screen is a lot brighter, even set at about 70%

-from initial, albeit not in depth, usage the camera is a nice jump

-battery life is only so so as of right now but I expect that will settle down after a day or so

-charging was quite fast with the included cable and the brick I had available

-5g and wifi seem to be greatly improved in terms of speed down

-one cable in my car to charge everything. FINALLY!!!

I will check back in after a few days of use under normal, everyday conditions but so far I am happy with my decision.

• Advertisement

The overheating issue seems to be going viral

Same was reported ref 14 pro max

update sorted it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Anyone decide to downsize their phone, e.g. go from a 14 pro max to a 15 pro? After 2 years of the max, it feels so light to hold and reminds me of the 12 mini I had before.

Ha! Check a few pages back my comment. Phone getting quite a bit warm while on the charger. Crazy that you need to have that in a flagship :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Max Tech have their comparison up between the 15 pro max and the S23U. He did the itense graphic heat test.

the Ultra seems to dissipate the heat better. Peak temps about the same. However at the end of the graphics test the 15 overal beat the Ultra.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I am still waiting

FYI for anyone trying to purchase stuff over EPP, non-pro, Watch S9 and Watch Ultra 2 are available.

AW Ultra 2 even has a 2 day delivery schedule (regardless of delivery dates stated on Apple web)! I was surprised since web is mentioning 2-3 weeks in average

• Advertisement

Normally a software update sorts it

i mean theses yokes are being tested for months

Apple 🍎 products are ordinarily 100 pc

especially the pro max variant

Advertisement