Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Ultra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

//

Nah, it was boiling. Definitely more than the standard heat to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

What is the brand of power adapter? I’d expect that could be related.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Again I think it's normal.

I would make sure phone is up to date and charge from 0% again and see how it is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Finally got to order yesterday. Very grateful for Apple F&F. 4 week lead time was unexpected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

not sure. I just ordered the pro

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

Hi, anyone ever order a new phone from Fonez?

I see they have the 15 pro max in stock as NEW.

I assume they are an established company?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

They’re fine

bought a few things off them in Cork a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

I’m looking to pick up an iPhone 15 pro max in the next couple of days. Do any bricks and mortar stores have them in stock, or am I nuts for even asking the question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

I took the chance and ordered it from fonez as they are the only crowd showing availability

It turned up this morning, brand new and sealed. All is good.

They are still showing in stock, with the ability to collect in store on some of the colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Any one know how long the wait is to order a standard iphone 15 from vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

cant belive they actually have stock. ive cancelled my order with apple and picking up tomorrow now instead of waiting another 3 weeks.

cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Got a scratch on the screen right where I usually interact with it. Very annoying and I can see this is a common occurance with these new devices.

I think I've had one single scratch on all my phones going back over the years so this could become a real problem with this one.

It defeats the purpose by covering it up but big apple phones need decent cases

they’re a nice object to look at but I have to cover mine

am a decorator and dropped my 14 pro max twice already,

no scratches but cracked camera lense and bloody did the same with the camera cover I put on it a week later 🙄

lense easily repaired ( hairdryer and a bit of patience)

but I’ll not buy a phone again with the camera lenses protruding as much,

good luck with yours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Thats my logic as well. I have this as a "case" and will not be getting a screen protector, If it gets bad in a year or so I will total the screen and get it replaced under apple care.

https://www.amazon.com/LEKEVO-Frameless-Shockproof-Minimalist-Protective/dp/B0BXNPTLLX/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2CYJSLPLLORBD&keywords=Frameless+Fit+for+iPhone&qid=1698057150&sprefix=frameless+fit+for+iphone+%2Caps%2C384&sr=8-3

Good idea

apple care will work in that situation

I never got AC as I thought it was a rip off tbh

Did anyone try the Finewoven cases? I’m not a fan… I have a mulberry one for the standard pro for €30 on Adverts if anyone wants it.

Got my Spigen Enzo Aramid delivered from Amazon Germany today, absolutely unreal. Very premium.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I have the Taupe one on my 15PM and I'm not a fan, i really think they should have kept the leather.

1.5gb update 17.1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

I bought this 10e jetech tempered glass screen and camera protector. Great value since its a duo pack. Although, camera protector already cracked due to me being me and having keys in the pocket with the phone

Also, with the cases like torras transparent case or similar I'm not sure how the camera can get damaged from the fall since the case has a bump around the camera bump 😅 But coins or keys + phone in the same pocket of your pants...good luck with that lol

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

I went the fine woven way as well....and regretted it instantly. Thank god for "no questions asked" return policy from some online retaileres.. Definitely a step back compared to leather

I broke my lenses( same one twice)

and lense protector

just a bloody awkward person ,

plus as I’m a painter and listen to Spotify/ radio on it all day I’m forever moving it ,

dripped it numerous times ,

Torres case helping big tiime,

plus I dropped it onto the ground and a tiled surface a few times,

14 p max big but so far handling it,

there’s a case for e54 in Amazon that I’m looking at

but a bit on the dear side ATM

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Kevrano

Ordered mine on Thursday, due for delivery later today

Nearly time for the 16

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Kevrano

I'm very pleased with my 15. Nice to have 5G and magsafe back (I was on a 13, but lost it and had to use an 11 Pro), but the USB-C port is a game changer: just need to carry a single charger for all my devices now (work and personal)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 joleen100

Is anyone having any issues with the Battery on their iphone 15? I got mine a few days ago and the battery is draining very quickly.

For example: 2 Nights ago I charged to 80% and unplugged at 11PM ( this is the recommended amount for charging optimization) and the next morning at 7am it was 2% (it was only used for 30 mins reading apps after 11pm). Last night I charged to 100% and unplugged at 11pm. I then switched the Low Battery Mode on however this morning the battery was at 20%.

I have done all the recommended things like turning off background app refresh, downloading latest software etc.. and nothing seems to work.

I am very disappointed as just upgraded from iphone 11 that I had for many years with no battery issues.

Any advice what else can I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

In the battery settings where it’s set to “last 24 hours”, in the activity section it will give you a chart of the usage during the hours you’re looking for information on. Select some of the hours during the night when the phone was not in use. Underneath this you will see a list of apps that used battery for this hour in order of percentage of battery used. This should help you diagnose the source of the drain. It could simply be one app that’s using battery in the background that might need to be force closed or updated or uninstalled and reinstalled. I’ve shared an example of mine below:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭speedfreak

I had something similar. Lost 40% overnight one night. Apple advised to do a clean restore as new via iTunes I was on the beta software though so likely a bug as the hardware diagnostics showed all ok. It’s been excellent since barely losing anything o/n

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 joleen100

Thanks for the reply - this is the thing that there is nothing showing as using the battery except the odd time the lock screen!!

I am charging again now after charging to 100% earlier this morning :(

Advertisement