Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Ultra

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 joleen100

Thanks for the reply - I might try this over the weekend and see does it help.

If you got your phone from Vodafone do you contact Apple online? Sorry never had issues before with any apple products so not sure how to contact Apple with issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,812 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Have you tried disabling the always on display?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

There was an update to sort it afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 35 joleen100

Thanks all for your help. After restoring again, updating software again it has managed to hold charge over night with only very small drop in charge. Hopefully it stays like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Iphone 15 does not have an always on display. That's the Pro Only.

Also, can I just say I hate this advice of turning off features that make a phone useful just to save battery. Heard of people turning off all notifications, app refresh, locations services just to preserve battery therefore turning their state of the art smartphone into something as useful as a Nokia from 1998.

Newer phones will easily get you through the day so just charge at night.

This case was clearly a software, restart or restore issue that appears to be resolved no need to dumb down the phone.

Post edited by murpho999 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Especially now that Apple has finer grain controls on location access. I love the “allow location only when using” means that I can give apps like Uber access to location without giving it away all the time.

Also don’t forget those that also turned off Bluetooth and 4G/5G to eek out an hour or so of battery

Whilst my nostalgia for a 3210 is strong try doing anything useful on it and that nostalgia will quickly dissipate.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ricardogame

I'm planning to buy a new iPhone in US, but I'm afraid about two things.

1) the new iPhones in US are e-sim only, does Three support e-sim on prepaid plans?

2) Will 5G work fine in Ireland with american iPhone? I saw a note on apple's website:

"Higher frequency 5G networks are only supported in the United States when using an iPhone purchased in the United States."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Have to say I ain’t blown away by the iPhone Pro battery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Hi, just looking for advice, I’m about to buy the 15 pro from apple online. Is it worth taking out the apple care + or what are people doing for insurance. I want accidental damage as I work outside a lot. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Has anyone got the apple silicone case for the 15 pro?

I have one on mine and it seems to not protect the cameras when placed on a surface. The camera lens feels and sounds like they protrude out further than the case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Yes, have the Clay one and it definitely does protect the cameras. The ridge on the case definitely protrudes further than the camera lenses on mine anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭SodiumCooled

Anyone recommend a screen protector for a 15 pro max? Have never used a screen protector before (and have been case less on recent phones also) but first time going to a max so want to have a bit more protection so I have ordered an apple silicone case but the screen protectors were very expensive in the official store so didn't go with one.

I saw a Jtech one mentioned in a previous post but a lot of reviews say its a bit on the small side and I think that would annoy me having the lip so any other recommendations ideally <20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭SodiumCooled

After a bit of reading I ended up going for the Torras screen protector. A little more expensive than I was planning at just over 30 euro (for two) but have to say I am very happy with it. Exceptionally easy to fit with the kit and had no issue with bubbles. Coverage while not right to the very edge is probably as much as you can go and allow a bit of wiggle room for a case.

I would also add a comment on cases - I see a lot of debate on cases and I have either been caseless or bought cheap cases. I bought the official apple silicone case this time as had the f&f discount and I have to say its way ahead of any case I've had before. It just fits the phone perfectly and feels very premium even compared to say a similar case from Otterbox. So from someone who was always sceptical of paying the price of one before I am sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Torras are very good. Have used their screen protectors before and cases. Worth the extra money imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Glaceon

So, I’m in the US at the moment (the wife is from there) and her family gifted me a $200 Apple gift card. It can only be redeemed in the US so I’m tempted to get an iPhone 15 over here, as it’s already significantly cheaper than back home. I know it’s eSIM only but I’m on Vodafone anyway so that may not be too big a deal. Would I have any issue with bands? It seems to do 1, 2, 3 and 20 on LTE so that looks fine, but I’ve no idea what we use on 5G.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Should be no surprise issue with bands. Any that are used in Ireland are covered.

As you say, your main issue is eSim only and you will be tied to Vodafone for the foreseeable future. They are by far the most expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Glaceon

The 13 still has the SIM tray and is $599 here rather than €759 back home. So I’m edging towards that now. As mentioned previously I’m still on an 8 Plus so it’ll still be a big upgrade. My only concern is that it’s already a 2 year old device so will be supported for less time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Very (Littlewoods) Has the 15 starting at €859, 15 Pro starting €1089, and the 15 PM €1329

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

is the 15 series dual sim

Are they both usual sim cards slots

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

If my memory is correct, one SIM and one eSIM. US models are eSIM only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Kevrano

To chime in, you can have multiple eSIMSs, plus the single physical SIM, but only 2 active lines at a time. I have both my Irish and UK numbers as eSIMs on my iPhone 15

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Has anyone bought an iPhone from Amazon Germany? I am looking at the iPhone 15 Pro Max the price is good compared to Apple or Amazon UK. Just wondering if anyone had bought something similar from Amazon Germany and if it worked out OK. I have bought previous bits and pieces from Amazon Germany but never an iPhone. Thanks for any advice.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I've bought loads of products from Amazon Germany, all fine.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

There is a seller on adverts who sells brand new iphone 15 pro max for €1099, i know his personally and can 100% vouch for him and that the phones are indeed brand new. He is based in Waterford City and has a 100% feedback rating on adverts with over 1100 feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Bought a kindle

pixel etc etc from Amazon Germany

no issues

Advertisement