Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Ultra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

Vodafone cancelled my order without telling me, so no new phone for me. Will be in the US in a couple of weeks so will hold off until then and save €250 instead, also would like to see the different colours in person as I’m thinking Natural Titanium over the Blue as my 14PM is already blue

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Nope. Updated 2 hours later to say they couldn’t deliver 🙃 It will be Monday now but that’s fine. Disappointing that they wouldn’t wait more than 30 odd seconds though.

Better post something iPhone related in case someone gets angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KinsellaJ

Randomly, I got a declined notification from the bank for the iPhone. The sudden heart sink moment thinking they’ve cancelled my order. Checked my bank, for the other heart sink moment of did someone get access to my bank. Nope, no reason for funds to be declined. Logged onto the store and put the payment through again, no problem.

Still showing as delivery between the 27th Sept - 02 Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Just keep in mind that the US version doesn’t have a physical SIM slot so only eSIMs will work with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

It’s recommended you update the iPhone 15 to 17.0.2 before attempting to transfer data from your current iPhone. Think it’ll prompt you to update before the data transfer.

No update on my order from i-Connect. Kinda annoying because it seems the regular 15 was available for walk in or collection today in other stores and I don’t know when to expect either phone from them or if they even have stock. They changed their website to show all regular and Pro models as out of stock today at some stage with no indication of when they’ll be available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭daraghwal

I did the same via live chat and they weren't able to provide an invoice until it is being shipped so likely you'll be getting yours early next week. They also said they are hoping to have more stock early next week but didn't know for certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

First impression of the 15 Pro after moving from the 14 Pro Max: it’s so small and tidy and light!! Will be checking my pocket frantically to see if I haven’t forgotten it pretty often I reckon, it’s that much lighter. I wanted to downsize after 2 years of the Pro Max, but I hope I don’t regret my decision and miss the bigger screen realestate.

I loved the smaller phones like the original 5s and first SE, and hung onto the those as long as I could before giving in to the 12 mini, before trying out the massive 13 Pro Max. I’m slightly worried I’ll miss that bigger screen after getting used to it, but having a phone that I can more comfortably manage in one hand will be a big plus. Pity I’ll miss out on the 5x optical zoom but having the pro features in a more compact device will be so nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭digiman

Really good point, thanks for pointing that out as I had totally forgotten about that. I wonder how much that would effect resale value in Ireland next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kashfactor

Pre-ordered 15 Pro Max 256GB Natural Titanium on the launch day in Select, got an email from Select yesterday that expected delivery is 4+ weeks. I think its happening for Pro Max particularly for Natural Titanium and 256GB specific ones. Its bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭nhg

My sons 15 Pro Max 256GB Black Titanium ordered on launch day from Select was delivered by DPD yesterday morning

He was worried that the cameras would get damaged & phone wouldn’t sit flat when left down with way the cameras protruded from the phone case so bought an Ultra Slim Otterbox for it yesterday €40 which is perfect & gets rid of the fingerprint issue - colour doesn’t matter now as it can’t be seen with the otterbox

He upgraded from the 11 (which is still in it’s otterbox)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Definitely makes it harder to sell unless other networks other than Vodafone start to work with esim. Swappie also don’t accept them. Not sure about CEX.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dylkil

I ordered with i-connect also, still waiting to hear from them regarding expected timelines, i've rang and emailed but no response. Have you heard anything?

Picked up a 256gb Black 15 Pro in Harvey Norman today. (Will return my Apple order that was late).

Feels a good bit lighter and far more comfortable in the hand. Slightly smaller overall body it appears. I’ve put on the Torras case that I linked earlier and it’s very good. Doesn’t add much bulk or weight to it, so I’ll try keep that on for a few weeks.

First time having a WiFi 6E device and the download speeds are improved and more consistent.

The action button for quick camera access is handy but I’ll need to re-wire my brain to remember to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

With regard to cases, if anyone is looking, I ordered this BENKS Magsafe compatible one- https://amzn.eu/d/dWh9CNw

I have had two similar cases made by Anqrp for the 13 Pro and they are quite light, very durable, and the magnets are great- on inspection the Benks one looks every bit the same if not better.

Your son's lucky. He got it on launch day. I hear Natural Titanium is the reason everyone's delayed and particularly if its Pro Max...

You can pay for AppleCare+ monthly now instead of all up front but it costs more. Theft and loss available too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Theft and loss is a new one for Ireland. That’s a steal pun intended.

AppleCare+ couriers you a new device right and they collect the old one right?

Yeah that service is very handy. They hold the value of the device on a card when sending you a replacement phone and release it after you send yours back.

Used it last year when someone dropped my caseless phone on the ground and the screen was cracked 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

S23 ultra still a great phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

Quick one: is it normal that 15PM gets a bit toasty while charging? Not boiling hot or that I'm receiving any overtemp notifications, but still it's quite noticeable. My charger is 25W Samsung...so nothing to write home about (and the phone should be able to control it nonetheless)

BTW I'm coming from a 11 year long usage of the latest Samsung flagships so I have no experience with this kinda behaviour 😅

Na

ive 14 pro max

v happy with it

kid has the 23 ultra

beast of a phone also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I put mine on the house insurance. €16 for the year. Not exactly sure how much excess you pay admittedly.

Anyone get there phone delivered today from Apple? I got a text this morning that it would be delivered. Got me excited. Then I got a failed attempt at 6:45. BullS though. I was in all day. So a Monday it is for me.

I am now worried on the claims that 15 Pro max being prone to scratches and it broke in JerryRigEverything, and it even scratched with TPU case its crazy. Thinking to cancel it and get a 14 Pro max

The way he easily bent that 15 PM is concerning alright. Back glass is now cheaper to repair than before….

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Don’t be worrying about the 15 PM shattering yours is going to be in your front pocket 90% of the time.

these durability tests are good to see but not super indicative of real world use, unless your a caveman and manhandle you new shiny €1000+ phone. Keep in mind they really only exist to drive clicks and therefore ad sense for the creators.

the iPhone 6 bent like play-doh in a sauna and it was fine, this will be too.

Post edited by Creamy Goodness on

• Registered Users Posts: 27,847 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm currently using a Pixel 6A and was set to buy the Pro but now I'm seriously considering the Pro Max for the extra €200 but a bit concerned about the one handed usability of the Pro Max.

On the Pixel I can swipe from the right hand side of the screen with my thumb to go back in an app or webpage which I find extremely useful for one handed use. Is there anything similar on iPhone?

Don’t mind them

( reviews)

I’ve the 14 p max

its a beast

but bet the 15 pro max is fab

• Advertisement

Well said

Advertisement