Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭supernova5

outside of Thurles O'Moore Park would certainly be the most ideally located venue but I notice Laois and Wexford are playing in Leinster senior football that day [throw in time not announced yet]

• Registered Users Posts: 24,402 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Ah right. Leinster GAA have it listed as Wexford v Laois so I thought Laois were away but it's just a typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Season ticket holders; has your league final ticket appeared in the "redeem" section yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭C4000

Yep, they are there.....fully reserved seating in the North stand

Good u20 match last night.....Limerick wouldn't have been happy to let a 3 point lead slip in the last two minutes of injury time. Just weren't able to win/hold on to possession in the last crucial plays. Excellent point at the end from Clare to draw the match.

Patrick O'Donovan was outstanding in the game, and Ethan Hurley caught the eye also. Crotty is a serious hurler on the Clare side and carried the fight to Limerick at a crucial stage of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭shocs07

Ya I thought Clare deserved the draw. I was a bit disappointed with the Limerick team given there was 6 or 7 available from the team last year. O'Donovan has savage accuracy. Shane OBrien, who i think is a serious talent was relatively quiet. English, apart from the rapid 1-1 was quiet enough too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Quitelife

For anyone in South/West Limerick Charleville is very handy with many trains and similarily Limerick Junction for East Limerick.

On a different note many counties like Kerry have supporters clubs who run buses to matchs league games in particular , probably room for that in Limerick , couple of supporters club buses to Wexford, Galway etc and a league final in cork be filled easy enough youd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Greasy Paw

Well Kenneallys in NCW run buses to every game.

Irish Rail added a special train today. Direct to and from Cork.

Pairc Ui Chaoimh will only have the 2 stands open for league final which is fine as the two stands hold 21,000.

For those Limerick Behind the goals jersey wearing Limerick fans , Limerick's supporters will be buying seats together towards the back of section 410 of the North Stand in PUC for league final . Student tickets 20- juvenile 5 , adult 25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

I'm thinking of going to the league final Limerick vs kilkenny in pairc Ui chaoimh next week. Have you any tips for getting to and from the train station to pairc ui chaoimh. Don't fancy doing a lot of walking before or after the game..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

its the worst located stadium in the country , getting their is fine , but its built in a cull de sac , traffic after the game is going to be congested for at least 30 minutes so even if you get a buss you will be stuck in traffic . if you walk it could take 40 plus minutes to get back to kent station , if only they had a bridge across the lee you would be at kent in 5 minutes other wise

its so badly organized its not funny

They should reopen the ferry at Ferrybank 😁

There needs to be park & ride and train & ride to the stadium and don't let any cars on the bus route. It won't solve everything but will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭slegs

PUC website says parking in Cork Con and Blackrock GAA will be open on day

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭lim4ev

I was there in the 80s when the boat was sinking in front of my eyes. even had they put in a pedestrian bridge to the silver springs side it would have helped

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Greasy Paw

If you come in under the Tunnell. by car, and work your way up to the Blackrock area there will be plenty parking space as the ground will be hardly half full.

Sense a bit of apathy amongst Limerick supporters for League Final, are Limerick supporters spoilt at this stage?

I'll wait for the championship, cork is an awkard drive, its Easter Sunday some of the excuses been trotted out. Be still far more Limerick than Kilkenny there i'm sure. All pundits seem to have Limerick winning Sunday , be interesting

The trains and then the special train seemed to fill up pretty fast and a large amount of the tickets went fast.

There's no more apathy than normal for the league.

Anyone who thinks Cork is an awkward drive from Limerick is spoiled and not in the sense of trophies. Every single game league and championship is an awkward drive for some counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭lim4ev

how many people do you guess will be there? did you say there was 20k sold last week?

I said it's 20k seats and looking at it now it's only the corners left so not far off that figure.

• Advertisement

Team named for Sunday. Think this is what Kiely considers his strongest available team at this point.

First time in a long time that one of the established starters has lost out to a player that has come through from underage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Tom and Mike are probably some of the form players of the league. Probably just a case of keeping them on their toes

Hard to know with a league team. Very strong team wether it's the championship one or not.

LIMERICK: Nickie Quaid; Sean Finn, Dan Morrissey, Barry Nash; Diarmaid Byrnes, Declan Hannon, Kyle Hayes; Darragh O'Donovan, Barry Murphy; Gearoid Hegarty, Cian Lynch, Cathal O'Neill; Aaron Gillane, Seamus Flanagan, Peter Casey.

SUBS: David McCarthy, Conor Boylan, Mike Casey, Ronan Connolly, Colin Coughlan, Adam English, Richie English, Tom Morrissey, Shane O'Brien, Aidan O'Connor, Donnacha Ó Dálaigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭billyhead

No Michael Houlihan. I thought he did well in the league when playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

I think that's 13 of your strongest team on Sunday, obviously WOD back in and Tom Morrissey starts every day of the week for me, toss up between O'Neill and Flanagan for the last forward spot although i don't know who plays in the FF line if Hegarty, Lynch, O'Neill and T Morrissey all start.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭LMK

Anyone know what is the situation with David Reidy and Graeme Mulcahy? lots of young guns on the bench

Tom Morrissey looked sharp in the games he played, but Cathal O'Neill has performed well enough to make it a difficult decision. I think he's there on merit and if he plays well Sunday I'd see him retaining the position for championship.

Not sure Flanagan and O'Neill are competing for the same position. O'Neill couldn't play that inside roll that Flanagan and Gillane are so good at. Think it's O'Neill or Morrissey for the wing forward spot.....Great problem to have

Both on the come back from injury. I'd say O'Dalaigh will see decent game time over the next few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

From my view point O'Donovan, O'Donoghue, Hegarty, Lynch, T Morrissey, Gillane & P Casey are non negotiables in terms of starting so only leaves 1 spot for front 8 positions, 1-7 picked for Sunday is your strongest in my opinion.

Advertisement