Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Waco: American Apocalypse (2023) Limited Series This docuseries includes never-before-seen material from the infamous 51-day standoff between federal agents and a heavily armed religious group in 1993.

Close to Home: Murder in the Coalfield season 1 (2022) (German) When a grisly murder brings Detective Maik Briegand back to his small hometown, he finds himself dredging up bodies, clues and his own past traumas.

Invisible City season 2 (2023) (Brazilian) After a family tragedy, a man discovers mythical creatures living among humans -- and soon realizes they hold the key to his mysterious past

The Kingdom season 2 (2023) (Spanish) After his running mate's murder, a controversial televangelist becomes Argentina's presidential candidate. But nothing about him is as holy as he seems..

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 28,910 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭cena

The Night Agent season 1 (2023) While monitoring an emergency line, a vigilant FBI agent answers a call that plunges him into a deadly conspiracy involving a mole at the White House.

Johnny (2023) (Polish) After a court order sends him to work at a hospice, an ex-criminal strikes up a friendship with a compassionate priest who changes his life.

Furies (2023) (Vietnamese) Three furious vigilantes unite to take down a sinister crime syndicate that controls the mean streets of '90s Saigon in this prequel to "Furie.".

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭McGrath5

I watched the first episode of the Waco documentary last night, decent opening and only 3 parts long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I started The Night Agent, awful stuff. Lasted 15 minutes. No doubt it will be renewed within the week.

Love Is Blind season 4 (2023) Nick and Vanessa Lachey host this social experiment where single men and women look for love and get engaged, all before meeting in person

Ballerina (2016) Félicie and Victor, two young friends in 1880s France, escape from an orphanage to pursue their dreams in Paris, the glittering City of Lights..

Bank of Dave (2012) 3 Episodes Fed up with disreputable big banks, minibus dealer Dave Fishwick sets out to start a bank that doesn't short-change its customers in this docuseries..

Chor Nikal Ke Bhaga (2023) (Hindi) A flight attendant and her boyfriend must steal a cache of diamonds to clear an old debt -- but the plan spins into mayhem when the plane is hijacked..

Who Were We Running From? (2023) (Turkish) Hiding a mysterious past, a mother lives like a nameless fugitive with her daughter as they make hotels their home and see everyone else as a threat...

I Am Georgina season 2 (2023)(Spanish) [New Episodes] Join Georgina Rodríguez -- mom, influencer, businessperson and Cristiano Ronaldo's partner -- in this emotional and in-depth portrait of her daily life..

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Wrong side of the tracks I thought was a decent watch.

Main character is from Unauthorised living which was a great series.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,988 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Despite reports a few weeks back Arrested Development was going to disappear into the Memory Hole, Netflix has signed up an exclusivity deal to keep it on the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Watched the 3 Waco episodes last night in one sitting. Really good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Netflix: That’s it, I am leaving this family.

Narrator: They didn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭samo

Watched 2 episodes last night after seeing recommendation here. Will finish tonight but have to agree, very interesting watch so far. Quite thought provoking how this might have played out now in an age of you tube and social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭kerplun k

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That's mad, I got a few episodes in yesterday and really enjoyed it though not as sophisticated or believable as some BBC dramas I guess it'd be compared to..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Each to their own, I wanted to enjoy it but it was moving so quickly to set up the mysteries and I knew it wouldn't be half as quick to solve them. It felt like they had a checklist of certain things to explain and characters to introduce. I stopped at the home invasion scene when your one came downstairs and asked "what are those papers", just one example of clunky dialogue and poor acting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,988 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Does it include season's 4 and 5 perchance?

Not that it's any great loss if it didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

From looking at the trailer it seems like a similar concept to The Recruit from last year which I also gave up on after 30 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭appledrop

I thought the MH370 series turned into a load of crap.

1st episode was really good, giving background and meeting the families but then it just descended down the rabbit hole of mad conspiracy theories, not for me.

Very disappointed with it.

I'll give Waco a go, hope they do a better job of that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,549 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It is similar.

The Night Agent is an okay watch. Not one you would binge over the weekend but rather watch a few episodes when there is nothing really else to watch. It's not exactly taxing to follow but somewhat enjoyable nonetheless.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭apache

Really like BBC dramas so flicking through I came up with one I hadn't seen - You don't know me. A four parter. Gonna give it a shot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That's right up there, watched it recently enough.. Looking forward to more Happy Valley whenever that lands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭apache

Good stuff, I'm getting stuck into watching. Happy Valley is something I never watched. The name seemed stupid and put me off. But I did hear it was very good so might check it out next.

Oh do, it's a powerhouse from the writer Sally Wainwright and actor Sarah Lancashire, don't let the name put you off at all.

Coming to Netflix in April

April 1st

Beyblade Burst Quad Drive (Season 1) – Japanese anime series based on the beloved 2000s toy.

Home (2015) – Animated children’s adventure centered around an Alien on the run, that makes friends with a human girl.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures (Season 3) – Anime series.

Pressure Point / Heart of Champions (2021) – A group of people’s lives are changed forever when an army vet takes over as coach of their rowing team.

Public Enemy (Multiple Seasons) – Beglian crime mystery series.

The Deep House (2021) – Horror about a couple of YouTubers dive into a lake in France to discover a house.

The Whole Truth (2016) – Keanu Reeves stars as defense attorney working to get his teenage client acquitted of murdering his father.

Thirteen (2003) – Drama starring Evan Rachel Wood and Holly Hunter.

April 2nd

War Sailor (Season 1) N – Norwegian war-drama.

April 4th

Colors of Love (2021) – Cheesy romantic drama starring Jessica Lowndes and Chad Michael Murray.

My Name Is Mo’Nique (2023) N – Stand Up Special.

The Signing (Season 1) N – Music competition in search of the next Latin urban music star.

April 5th

Lewis Capaldi: How I’m Feeling Now (2023) N – Music documentary chronicling the journey of Lewis Capaldi from viral sensation to grammy nominated artist.

Moonage Daydream (2022) – David Bowie documentary.

Public Enemy: Book of Revelation (Limited Series) – Belgian crime mystery series.

April 6th

BEEF (Season 1) N – Comedy series starring Steven Yuen and Ali Wong.

IRL – In Real Love (Season 1) N – Hindi reality dating series.

Monster Hunter (2020) – Action-adventure based on the beloved Capcom Japanese video game. Stars Milla Jovovich.

The Nutty Boy (Season 2) N – Brazilian animated series centered around a child who always has big ideas, but ends with disastrous results.

April 7th

Chupa (2023) N – Family adventure that pits Alex, a young boy visiting his family in Mexico, against dangerous scientist Dr. Quinn, who is after the mythical baby chupacabra hiding under Alex’s family home.

King of Mulberry Street: Let Love Reign (2023) N – South African movie.

Oh Belinda (Season 1) N – Turkish Drama

The Big Man (1990) – Liam Neeson stars in this movie about an unemployed Scottish miner forced into bare-knuckle boxing match.

Thicker Than Water (Season 1) N – French Thriller

Transatlantic (Limited Series) N – 7 part German series based on the novel The Flight Portfolio.

April 8th

Hunger (2023) N – Thai drama centered around a noodle-shop owner who is invited to join the fine-dining industry but will be tutored by an infamous chef.

April 10th

CoComelon (Season 8) N – Pre-school animated series.

April 11th

Leanne Morgan: I’m Every Woman (2023) N – Stand-up comedy special.

April 12th

American Manhunt: The Boston Marathon Bombing (Season 1) N – Archived footage, reenactments, and exclusive interviews chronicle one of the most terrifying days in the history of Boston.

Operation: Nation (2023) N – Polish comedy centered around the romance of a right-wing nationalist and a left-wing activist.

Smother-in-Law (Season 2) N – Brazillian comedy sitcom.

April 13th

Florida Man (Season 1) N – Comedy series starring Edgar Ramírez as Mike Walker, an ex-cop who returns to his home state to find a mobster’s runaway girlfriend.

Nobody (2021) – Bob Odenkirk stars in this action movie where a man who’s seemingly a nobody have a quest for vengeance.

Obsession (Limited Series) N – British erotic thriller series about a London surgeon who has an affair with his son’s fiancee.

The Boss Baby: Back in the Crib (Season 2) N – Dreamworks children’s animated series.

April 14th

Phenomena (2023) N – Spanish movie about three middle-aged women investigating paranormal events.

The Last Kingdom: Seven Kings Must Die (2023) N – The epic finale to the story of Uhtred of Bamburgh.

Queens on the Run (2023) N – Mexican comedy movie.

Queenmaker (Season 1) N – Weekly K-Drama series centered around an angry ex-employee who uses her PR skills to help a civil rights lawyer mayoral campaign against her former employer.

April 16th

2 Hearts (2020) – When illness strikes two people who are polar opposites, life and death bring them together in surprising ways.

April 17th

Oggy Oggy (Season 2) N – Kids animated series.

April 18th

How to Get Rich (Season 1) N – Docuseries following finance expert Ramit Sethi working with people across the US to achieve their richest lives.

Longest Third Date (2023) N – Documentary about a couple who went on a romantic date to Costa Rica but found themselves stuck over the pandemic.

April 19th

Chimp Empire (2023) N – British documentary from the co-director of My Octopus Teacher looking into one of the largest chimpanzee societies.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Once & Always (2023) N – The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers return to fight against a global, but familiar threat.

April 20th

Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Season 8) – The final season of the hit NBC series.

Ex-Addicts Club (Season 1) N – Indonesian sitcom.

The Diplomat (Season 1) N – Keri Russell stars in this new political thriller about a career diplomat having both troubles in her professional and personal life.

Tooth Pari: When Love Bites (Season 1) N – Indian series about a vampire who breaks their tooth and falls in love with their new dentist.

April 21st

A Tourist’s Guide to Love (2023) N – Rom-com starring Rachel Leigh Cook as Amanda Riley, who after an unexpected break-up is sent to Vietnam to go undercover and learn about its tourism industry.

Chokehold (2023) N – Turkish drama about a couple from Istanbul trying to restart their life.

Indian Matchmaking (Season 3) N – Reality dating series.

One More Time (2023) N – Swedish rom-com

Rough Diamonds (Season 1) N – Belgian thriller

April 22nd

Ada Twist, Scientist (Season 4) N – Animated kids series.

April 25th

John Mulaney: Baby J (2023) N – Stand-up comedy special.

April 26th

The Good Bad Mother (Season 1) N – Korean drama series about a man who suffers a tragic accident and is forced to now live with his mother again.

Kiss, Kiss! (2023) N – Polish romance movie.

Love After Music (Season 1) N – Biopic series tracing the life and career of Fito Paez.

Workin’ Moms (Season 7) N – The final season of the Canadian comedy series.

April 27th

Firefly Lane (Season 2 Part 2) N – Romantic drama starring Sarah Chalke and Katherine Heigl.

The Nurse (Season 1) N – Danish crime-drama based on a true-story.

Sharkdog (Season 3) N – Animated kids series.

Sweet Tooth (Season 2) N – The second season of the adaptation of the DC comics helmed by Jim Mickle.

The Matchmaker (2023) N – South African drama.

April 28th

AKA (2023) N – French movie about a special ops agent finding himself at odds with a crime syndicate.

King of Collectibles: The Goldin Touch (Season 1) N – Follows an auction house specializing in rare collectibles

Mae Martin: SAP (2023) From a mythical moose encounter to the gender spectrum in "Beauty and the Beast," Mae Martin reflects on a world off its axis in this comedy special..

In From the Side (2022) Two members of a gay rugby club in London begin a secret affair that puts the futures of their team and their other relationships at risk.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ketchupmessi63

For those who haven't seen it since it quickly drifted out of the spotlight, the two seasons on Mindhunter are 10/10!

Wish the showrunners didn't gave up on it, though it's not entirely their fault...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,303 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Finished episode 1 of the night agent it's enjoyable enough, if formulaic.

• Advertisement

Emergency: NYC season 1 (2023) This gripping docuseries follows New York City's frontline medical professionals as they balance the intensity of their work with their personal lives..

Bert Kreischer: The Machine (2016) From his run-in with a grizzly bear to partying with the Russian mafia, the shirtless comic returns with laugh-out-loud tales in this stand-up special.

Wellmania season 1 (2023) When a health crisis forces a successful food writer to rethink her hard-partying ways, she jumps into a journey to get well

Unseen season 1(2023) A house cleaner desperately searches for her husband as a dreaded criminal syndicate dredges up past tragedies and ultimately drives her to violence...

Added

Advertisement