Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Murder Mystery 2 was just ok. If you liked the first one, you'll get a kick out of this. Some funny moments. Easy watching, I'd give it a 7/10. There wasn't much to the actual mystery part. Actually it got a bit over the top silly. But no point in going in with any other expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

War Sailor (2023) Limited Series (Norwegian) When WWII erupts, two sailors on a Norwegian merchant ship face brutal conditions as they fight to survive a conflict they were never asked to join.

Hitch (2005) Smooth and sexy Hitch helps clients make a great first impression on a date, but he's thrown when a lovely reporter starts nosing around his business.

Added

• Subscribers Posts: 41,293 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Finished the night agent yesterday

Enjoyable romp, chewing gum for the brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭kerplun k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

€11 a month for iptv, hundreds of channels and thousands of movies and series on demand and I still end up spending hours trying to find something to watch 😁 I also have Netflix Disney and prime video. We are just spoiled nowadays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭jj880

We have 4k Netflix and IPTV. Can I ask is there much 4k content for that price? I pay 6.50 per month. I was talking to another Boardsie recently who pays 5 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I pay around €10 per month for IPTV and VOD, at the moment there is 640 4K movies and another 85 4K in the children folder. Only 26 4K box sets. I only watch the sports on the IPTV and it's available in UHD, 12 sport channels it that particular folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,320 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Watched The Night Agent over 2 nights. Fairly middling but not the worst way to spend a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Extraction 2 teaser

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

No there is zero 4K on my iptv, but I’m dealing with this crowd about ten years and they are still going, 99.9% reliability so well with the few quid. I had one on trial last month with all the 4K stuff and found it froze quite a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Watched Luther over the weekend and really enjoyed it, but the ending ffs.........setting him up for something else??????? Reminded me a little of Kingsman?

The Signing season 1 (2023) (Spanish) In this competition, young artists must impress Latin music icons like Rauw Alejandro, Nicki Nicole and Yandel to score the contract of a lifetime..

My Name Is Mo'Nique (2023) You think you know Mo'Nique? From staring down a racist teacher to her grandmother's sex warning, she spills all in this stand-up comedy special..

Lion Spy (2021) A filmmaker poses as a big game photographer to infiltrate the trophy hunting industry that's pushing Africa's wild lions to the brink of extinction.

Colors of Love (2021) After moving back to her hometown in Montana, a librarian fights to preserve her brother's charming old hotel and ends up falling for the developer..

Added

• Subscribers Posts: 41,293 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Enjoyable romp which doesn't take much brain power to follow

Old school spy / espionage thriller

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

If you have a fire stick don't rely on Netflix. It's all available right up to it final episode of the most recent season which was either last night or the Monday before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

The Netflix app on my AppleTV has suddenly started “autoplaying the next episode”.

There is no settings on the tvOS version of the app other than editing the icon images, maturity ratings and signing out so I don’t accidentally change a setting.

The Netflix website on my phone is the only place the autoplay can be activated and I had been in the settings earlier yesterday but I didn’t change anything there - just to be sure I double checked and the autoplay next episode box is not selected.

The app on the iPhone is not autoplaying next episodes (although I don’t know if it can do that anyway).

The autoplay countdown is zero so there isn’t even time to select “watch credits”.

so on my AppleTV I have tried restarting the app, signing out for a few minutes, selecting autoplay next episode on the browser, and later unselecting it. All Netflix could suggest is to plug the AppleTV and the TV for 3 minutes.

None of these fixed the problem.

does anyone know possible causes of their problem and how to fix it?

Moonage Daydream (2022) Take an immersive and kaleidoscopic journey through David Bowie's incredible life and musical career in this acclaimed -- and authorized -- documentary..

Lewis Capaldi: How I'm Feeling Now (2023) This intimate, all-access documentary chronicles Lewis Capaldi's journey from ambitious teen with a viral performance to Grammy-nominated pop star.

Public Enemy: Book of Revelation (2023) Limited Series (French) Three months after nearly capturing the Toy Maker, Chloé Muller retakes charge of the search for his abductees -- with the aid of Guy Béranger himself..

Added

Post edited by peteeeed on

BEEF season 1 (2023) Ali Wong and Steven Yeun star as two people who let a road rage incident burrow into their minds and slowly consume their every thought and action.

IRL - In Real Love season 1 (2023) Four singles seeking love navigate its ups and downs through real and online connections -- but will they choose virtual romance, or go offline?..

Monster Hunter (2020) A sandstorm transports Captain Artemis and her unit to a hostile new world, where they discover enormous monsters that are immune to their firepower

Added

Really enjoying Beef. Great to see something different (for me anyway). Main actress who plays Amy is excellent.

Thicker Than Water season 1 (2023) (French) A journalist's life devolves into chaos when she shields her brother from the law, inadvertently entangling her family in a drug lord's merciless scheme.

Chupa (2023) While visiting family in Mexico, a lonely boy befriends a mythical creature hiding on his grandfather's ranch and embarks on the adventure of a lifetime..

The Big Man (1990) Out of work and desperate to provide for his family, a miner in Scotland enters the dangerous underground world of bare-knuckle boxing.

Transatlantic (2023) Limited Series Two Americans and their allies form a scrappy rescue operation in 1940 Marseilles to help artists, writers and other refugees fleeing Europe during WWII.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

War Sailor is very good but relentlessly grim and harrowing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Two episodes in to beef and really enjoying it!

Hunger (2023) (Thai) A talented young street-food cook pushes herself to the limit after accepting an invitation to train under an infamous and ruthless chef...

Making Transatlantic (2023) The cast, crew and creators of "Transatlantic" reveal how they crafted an adventure inspired by history that balances darkness with humor and beauty..

This Could Go Anywhere season 1 (2020) Cricketers Brendon "Baz" McCullum and Phil "Tuffers" Tufnell go on an exhilarating road trip to explore New Zealand's most picturesque golf courses

The Serpent (2021) Limited Series In the 1970s, merciless killer Charles Sobhraj preys on travelers exploring the "hippie trail" of South Asia. Based on shocking true events

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

Just finished watching Beef this morning. Maybe there are other themes/plots like it but I thought it was something different. Good watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Totally binged it today! Loved it! Was madness !!!

the soundtrack is so good aswell. This is the best thing I’ve seen in ages

Post edited by Rfrip on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭appledrop

Really enjoyed Let him go this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭cozar

Beef. Brilliant just loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Is that the Kevin Costner movie. I was going to put that film on a few times, but couple of comments that it was really slow and dragged out put me off.

And I never watched it. What did you think. Is it more of an action film, or a slow drama. Or a mix of both. I'd prefer the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,691 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

i have to say I liked the Waco documentary a lot. It was very tough at times, and clearly some still believe in what Koresh was on about, but I think it gave as honest an account as they could and the audio and video was good to see.

The MH370 doc on the other hand was rubbish. I didn’t even watch the last episode because it seemed like one persons vanity project to get his theory out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The Lewis Capaldi documentary is a difficult watch. It starts off cutesy and you think a bit boring, then takes a turn.

he has a lovely family around him thankfully.

Advertisement