Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭appledrop

I really enjoyed it. I won't say slow drama but is all about an older couples relationship after their son dies and grandson goes away, the lead actors are so good that I could have watched it all day. However don't worry certainly is some action in it from second part of film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭apache

Put on Cocaine Bear because thought it sounded like a laugh but it keeps on buffering which is a pain. Can't say it ever happened before. Anyone got any solutions? Is that a wifi problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭jj880

Yer not missin much with cocaine bear. As for the buffering - any more info? Could be anything. Reboot router. Reset router if you have no custom settings on it. Netflix also buffering on another device? e.g. phone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Rough Cut season 1 (2022) (Welsh) A wayward young car thief in Wales is drawn into a dangerous web of intrigue and revenge by a garage owner seeking to exploit his special skills..

Added

‘Stranger Things’ Animated Series Ordered at Netflix

Netflix is continuing to build out the “Stranger Things” franchise, with the streaming giant ordering an animated series set within the world of the show.

Nearly all details about the show are being kept under wraps, aside from the fact that it was developed by Eric Robles and Flying Bark Productions. Robles has previously created the animated shows “Random! Cartoons,” “Fanboy & Chum Chum,” and “Glitch Techs.”

“Stranger Things” creators the Duffer brothers executive produce via Upside Down Pictures along with Robles of Flying Bark as well as Shawn Levy and Dan Cohen of 21 Laps. Upside Down Pictures and 21 Laps are currently under overall deals at Netflix.

“We’ve always dreamed of an animated ‘Stranger Things’ in the vein of the Saturday morning cartoons that we grew up loving, and to see this dream realized has been absolutely thrilling,” the Duffer brothers said in a statement. We couldn’t be more blown away by what Eric Robles and his team have come up with — the scripts and artwork are incredible, and we can’t wait to share more with you! The adventure continues…

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/stranger-things-animated-series-netflix-1235577171/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Kind of annoying how trigger happy Netflix has been with any original animated content, and then go and splash the cash on another spinoff of an existing property.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭apache

Sorry Charlie, I'm in the wrong thread. It was on the Firestick. I got mixed up.

Leanne Morgan: I'm Every Woman (2023) She loves Jell-O salad, her three kids and her beefy grandbaby. Leanne Morgan shares stories about her life as a wife, mother and wearer of big panties

Added

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Another +1 for Beef, started early on Saturday evening and watched it all that night.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,732 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

12th May, kick ass JLo

American Manhunt: The Boston Marathon Bombing (2023) 3 Episodes Archive footage, chilling reenactments and exclusive interviews shed new light on a tragedy -- and two brothers -- that suspended a city in terror.

Operation: Nation (2023) (Polish) A member of a nationalist group in Warsaw begins a forbidden romance with a passionate, left-wing activist, leading to a series of surprising events..

Celeste Barber: Fine, thanks (2023) Actor and comedian Celeste Barber takes the stage in Sydney to get personal in public about marriage, mental health, celebrity-branded sex toys and more.

Smother-in-Law season 2 (2022) (Portuguese) Living with her family since the pandemic struck, the meddling Isadir does her best to disrupt the lives of her bumbling son and rival daughter-in-law.

Added

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I very belatedly started watching S2 of Alice in Borderland. I'm a bit frustrated that there doesn't seem to have been an official recap for the launch of S2 (but no doubt the Netflix answer would be "just watch all of S1 again" 🙄).

I'm 5 episodes in and there's something a bit odd about the pacing of the second season that feels off, and I don't know if it's deliberate or just a compromise to allow them to widen the focus compared to the first season. There's definitely not the sense of the characters constantly being aware that they only have X days/hours left on their visa, unless it comes up as a specific plot element. I'm still enjoying it but the second season is definitely a bit disjointed compared to the first.

Though I can't help wonder if some of my response to it is down to Squid Game's release in between S1 and S2...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭appledrop

I enjoyed four good days, great acting and heartbreaking to imagine the stress of having a grown up child who is an addict.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Four Good Days is excellent. Mila Kunis is very good in it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

War Sailor was recommended by someone here, thank you. Gritty, grim and a superb watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That's no problem. That movie sounds like a right blast;)

Could you send me the link to the fire stick thread? I can find nothing on this site anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,321 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Watched American Manhunt. Decent enough. Not sure it shed any new light on what happened.

Florida Man (2023) Limited Series Under the sun. Under the gun. Discover the mystery behind the meme a new series from creator Donald Todd (Ugly Betty, This Is Us) that follows a struggling ex-cop (Edgar Ramírez) forced to return to his home state of Florida to find a Philly mobster’s runaway girlfriend. What should be a quick gig becomes a wildly spiraling journey into buried family secrets, and an increasingly futile attempt to do the right thing in a place where so much is wrong.

Obsession (2023) Limited Series An intense affair between a talented surgeon and his son’s fiancée spirals into a dangerous, all-consuming obsession, with devastating consequences for the whole family. A tense, erotic thriller starring Richard Armitage, Charlie Murphy, Indira Varma and Rish Shah.

Nobody (2021) Bob Odenkirk gets a welcome chance to take the lead in this bone-crunching medley of action spectacle

I See You (2019) As he searches for a missing child, a small-town detective uncovers a malicious presence lurking in the crevices of his family's already broken home.

Running for my Truth: Alex Schwazer (2023) 4 Episodes (Italian) After being banned for doping, Olympic medalist race walker Alex Schwazer enlists one of his accusers to help him make a comeback.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Watched Waco and The Night Agent based on here. I enjoyed both.

• Advertisement

The Last Kingdom: Seven Kings Must Die (2023) Uhtred of Bebbanburg and his comrades adventure across a fractured kingdom in the hopes of uniting England in this feature film based on the hit TV series.

Queens on the Run (2023) (Spanish) When four women finally take the road trip they planned in high school, they have no idea of the things they'll bump into - sometimes literally.

Phenomena (2023) ( Spanish) Three middle-aged women who investigate paranormal events are put to the test when their leader Father Pilón disappears. Inspired by the real Hepta Group..

The Substitute (2022) (Spanish) A highbrow literature professor returns to his old neighborhood to teach high school, facing his past, his father and the reality of his community.

Weathering (2023) After losing her baby and nearly her life during labor, a journalist unravels amid disturbing visions and chilling attacks as she grieves alone at home.

Queenmaker season 1 (2023) (Korean) After a tragic accident, a powerful fixer uses her skills to transform a civil rights lawyer into the next mayor -- and take down her former employer.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭winstonia

Nobody was decent. John wick with Bob. However the no subtitles for Russian speaking parts was annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

No sure where else to post this....have an issue streaming from my phone, playing on Firestick or chromecasts....the soundtrack in certain movies is muted or subdued. So it's like there's a license issue or something. Really weird. Anyone else see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

I enjoyed Nobody. Definitely worth a watch.

Nearly finished Night Watch and have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed based on the feedback I have heard from people online or friends who recommended it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭boccy23

'Tis grand. Nothing that will redefine a genre or anything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Seven Kingdoms Must Die is a good watch if you like The Last Kingdom. Having been a big fan of the series, I was really looking forward to its release.

It was enjoyable and was along similar lines to the show. Great to have so many of the characters continued.

I thought it was a bit rushed and could have easily done with an extra 30-40 minutes at least.

Overall, enjoyable enough but kinda wanted another season rather than a fillm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Weirdly enough I thought it would have worked much better as a shortened final season, 5 episodes even. Athalstan's arc in this film is....yeah, a lot to take in in under 2 hours.

But in the same breath I'm glad everyone involved got their roses so to speak, in being able to sign off with a feature film. Alexander Dreymon is a made man after this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Not sure why Beef is getting so much hype. Good start but totally fell apart by the middle of the season. Finished it just in case it would end strongly.

Spoiler: it didn’t

The Sister season 1 (2020) An unwelcome visit from the past resurrects suspicions about a devoted husband's role in the mysterious disappearance of his wife's sister years ago.

Time Trap (2017) To find their missing professor, a group of students ventures into the cave where he disappeared and uncover a bizarre mystery that alters their reality..

2,215 (2018) (Thai) This intimate documentary follows rock star Artiwara Kongmalai on his historic, 2,215-kilometer charity run across Thailand in 2017.

Margot at the Wedding (2007) A prickly writer's fraught relationship with her soon-to-be-married sister creates a ripple effect of emotional chaos as they prepare for the wedding..

Added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭boccy23

Underwhelmed by Transatlantic so far. Definitely no Unorthodox.

Advertisement