Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Traitors

Options
  • 07-12-2022 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone watching this?

It's on BBC iplayer, finding it rather entertaining if you're stuck for a random binge watch!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Watching and enjoying it here too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I’m watching too, reminds me of Werewolves games on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Only one I'm rooting for is Maddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Have a small discord chat as it airs if anyone wants to join us

https://discord.gg/p5kUAWet

Well...didn't see that coming!

• Advertisement

Loving it loving it loving it

The Welsh ice Queen wasn't pulling any punches either, haha!

He's been fairly warned

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Great episodethis evening, really want Amanda to win!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭tallaghtjoe

Enjoying this too. I would be great if the traitors didnt know each other either, and only communicated by a written form. Similar to how they did it on The Circle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Love this show, hoping for the Traitors to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

We cant watch iPlayer in the republic due to the bbc being a shower

• Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Was this on tonight? Showing on tv schedule but didn't record for me.

Yeah, was on at 9, they've moved things around a lot

Dang, missed the blinking thing. I'll watch it tonight on the bbc1 player

• Registered Users Posts: 35,890 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Will played so badly at the end, he did one part correct, get the other 3 to vote for Kieran, but he should have voted for Hannah, he needed to play it cool, show no emotion, and accuse Hannah as soon as Keiran was out, then at the fire pit pick red to do another round of banishing, claiming he knows Hannah is a traitor, that it's the reason she is going after him so much, and he knows he is a faithful, so it must be that she's a traitor, and convince the other two that we need to banish again, and vote her out.

But he voted to banish Kieran, and then picked to end the game, sad, and it sealed his faith, mask slipped big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭delboy85

I saw the trailers for this last month and thought it looked awful.

I then read lots of positive reviews over Christmas and decided to give it a go.

Binge watched it last weekend. It was great! Very, very addictive and lots of fun.

All the episode are on YouTube for anyone who doesn't have access to the BBC iPlayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Really enjoyed it, thought the programme was well thought out with plenty of twists to the format along the way. Thought Will was brilliant up until the last bit where he got greedy. It was an interesting insight into human behaviour, herd mentality and how gullible people are generally. Thought Claudia was very good as well and the location was stunning. Hope they run it again this year. Now for the Apprentice.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

It seems to have been removed from YouTube now.

But you can also watch it on www.dailymotion.com if you search by "The Traitors UK s01e01", "The Traitors UK s01e02" etc.

• Advertisement

Anybody watched the Australian version? I watched it over the past few days.

I think it's just as good as the UK version.

The contestants are more ruthless and there's less crying and faux drama (which is a good thing).

But Claudia is a better host than the Australian guy.

Thought the Australian one was ok, though at some point mid season and I was binging it), someone got a vote and I was like "who tf is that?!" so the screen time isn't given evenly. Found the ending left a bad taste in my mouth too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Neowise

Not the uk version, or the aus version, but the irish version.

I think that guy was called Paul.

He literally got no airtime at all and his name was barely mentioned throughout the series. I only noticed him for the first time in episode 6 and was wondering who the hell he was. Very strange.

I thought the ending was quite brutal and was uncomfortable to watch.

But overall I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The US one aired last week. It was filmed in the same location as the UK one, and so has a lot of the same challenges.

It streamed on Peacock, so all episodes are out (just 10). A mixture of reality stars (Survivor, BB etc.) and regular Americans.

I've only watched a couple, but seems great so far. Alan Cumming is the host and he is fantastic. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

All episodes are also on the BBC iPlayer for anyone with access. It's not bad. Some very interesting characters. You're not wrong about Alan Cumming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

I must disagree, can't take to Cummins at all.

Hes too much for me 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Shush. Alan is fabulous. 🙂

His outfits are amazing!

Best presenter out of the 3 Traitor series that I've watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I definitely much prefer Claudia as a host. Alan was okay, but Claudia just has that mix of joyful fun that could turn to chaotic energy at any moment.

Watched all of the US Traitors. Didn't enjoy it as much as the UK version. I think having half the contestants be people from other US reality shows tips the balance of the show in an unfair way, because there's too much focus on them as "characters", they know how to play some things up to get more attention on them, and I doubt half of them even needed the money or they were probably getting paid a decent sum just for being on the show anyway, especially with having to travel from the US to Scotland for a few weeks. It meant even by the end, I barely felt like I knew the remaining faithfuls because there had been so little focus on them during the previous episodes.

The editing of the show also annoyed me, as almost every episode of the UK version ended at night with the cliffhanger of who did the Traitors murder, whereas the US version just ends on the most dramatic point of that evening, even during or just after the Roundtable.

It was okay, and I probably would have liked it more if I hadn't already seen the UK version, but the UK version was just so damn good that the US version couldn't live up to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Floody Boreland

Couldn't handle the music.. or that Alan guy. Poor cover.

Advertisement