Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Traitors

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I'm new to The Traitors, so no idea what this will be like. It just caught my eye.

Tonight at 10.00 on BBC 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,296 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They didn't do those last year, so it's new. Had heard something about it but thought it was a companion podcast rather than a show. It's probably going to be similar to The Apprentice You're Fired, or the Bake Off Extra Slice shows, where they'll talk/joke about the last few episodes, maybe show a few unseen clips, maybe interview with whoever was murdered or banished etc. Might be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,303 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

According to imdb it's 3 episodes each week???

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭taratee

Made life really difficult for herself for the next few episodes and I think she might get banished pretty soon. Thought her behaviour was very strange last night. In addition to the above, I'm not sure what she was trying to achieve when she cheered at the end of the round table.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭taratee

Three each week. Think it was the same last year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

She cheered because she was right about Sonja not being a traitor, I think.

She is out to make an impression, for sure. 😁 I admit she was the only one whose name I remembered at the end of the first episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,303 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Exactly - she's a character, none of the traitors are doing it for me so far, unlike last year

• Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Its a pity Aubrey was murdered but I can see why they did it, he would probably have found one of them out if he stayed.

I think the young guy might be the first traitor to be rumbled, he seems nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I agree with you, either him or the woman, can't remember her name tbh 🙈 She might accidentally give herself away.

Poor Brian, I'd be the same as him , unable to articulate what I wanted to say.

• Advertisement

The sheep thing in the challenge really threw him. He would have gotten through it if not for trying to get people to defend him when Claudia went to go for the vote. It was so bizarre. He really cracked.

Can't believe they ended the episode there. Can't believe Diane and Ross are mother and son. Man what an episode.

Really enjoyed that. Looking forward to finding out who left.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Paul is ruthless nominating Ash but she needs to get her act together if she wants to survive.

Diane is on to her I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,358 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paul is playing a great game

I like Diane

Those scarecrows very freaky, too many, scary

I wish Sonia had stayed

Anthony reminds me of Michael Jordan the basketball great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Great episode. Mad that Diane and Ross are mother and son - and weird that someone had even considered that might be a possibility (when they thought it might be Paul).

Brian lost it completely. He'd have been much better off remaining a "sheep" instead of drawing attention to himself. At the same time I thought their reasoning for nominating him was bizarre - if a traitor found out they were seen as a sheep then surely they would play up to that rather than trying to challenge that image.

Overall I think the traitors have made smart decisions in choosing their victims.

But Ash is a disaster as a traitor. Paul and Harry are right to nominate her - she's a liability. But if she stays now she'll be out for revenge.

Paul is drawing too much attention to himself I think. Yes, he's popular now, but I think his familiarity with everyone will be his undoing.

Miles is in a great position - friendly but forgettable, but not sure he's ruthless enough. I think Harry is quite shrewd and playing a great game.

Can't wait for next week's episodes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I just read that Diane is Kerr Logan's (GoT, Strike) mother. Interesting!

Post edited by Hippodrome Song Owl on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,816 ✭✭✭appledrop

God almighty that was a great episode but ahhhh raging they left the ending like that!

The whole thing with Brian was just bizarre, out of nowhere they all just started turning on him.

I tell you Diane plays some game, hope she stays on for a while and mad Ross is her son.

I think Paul getting a bit too smart for his own good, might come back to bite him, think Harry is actually best traitor at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭archfi

All youse who have only started watching Traitors from series 2 are in for a huge treat because you've still got series one to watch (iPlayer or download it)

It totally hooked me last year.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Neowise

There's also Australia (1&2), New Zealand, USA & Canada series.

I enjoyed the NZ series, but didn't really like the US version. They both have a similar issue in that half the contestants are celebrities. They're a known factor when it comes to determining how they behave etc, and even in the NZ version half of the celebs were even friends or knew each other. The US version was worse in that the celebs knew how to play up to the cameras and get attention and focused on that more than playing the game legitimately. By the end it still felt like I barely knew any of the non-celebs who made it to the last few weeks because there had been so little focus on them due to the celebs stealing the limelight.

But Series 1 of the UK version is absolutely worth watching. I've even rewatched it twice because even knowing what happens, it's just so damn good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Maybe it's the way this UK season is being filmed but it seems more exciting as there's much less wallflowers even from the beginning than there was in the first (and that's probably as the players now know more what to expect).

Brian's breakdown at the table was fabulous we all knew what he was trying to say but at such a crucial time it's more effective to keep ones cool rather than in essence ram both feet into your mouth by stammering on with no idea of how to articulate it due to the pressure😂

Looking forward to it coming back tonight!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Oh and if anyone was so inclined they're advertising for applicants for season 3 of the UK version at the moment

I had a quick look at the form and there's a fair bit involved including recording a one minute video of yourself! Still haven't decided yet on whether to complete the form or not yet as the dates they mention don't really work for me (Spring/Summer 2024 for filming)

I felt sorry for Brian.

I guess the pressure is greater than what we realise especially if you're a fairly quiet person. Poor devil, that rambling stuff he came out with probably haunts him as he tries to sleep at night! 😁

Can't wait to see who actually went! 😁

The rambling, I can understand. The panicking, I can understand. The stress, I can understand.

What I'll never understand is the way he so aggressively pointed at Claudia. Oh man I near lost my sh*t laughing. It just made something so weird ten times weirder.

I don't think he meant it aggressively, tbh.

I think he just got himself into such a state, he didn't know what he was doing. Poor devil! 😁

Oh yeah he definitely didn't mean it aggressively, it was just such a weird aggressive motion because he was all flustered. That's what I found so funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

We have all had moments where we got flustered and did not make sense...but the poor fella - to happen on national tv for him.

I dont get why people were voting to get rid of him though...like he is so clearly not a traitor...I dont think a lot of people have their heads properly in the game yet.

I'd be so like him I think, so flustered that I'd jumble up everything I was trying to say. Can't remember the chaps name but didn't one contestant last year actually have a panic attack during the round table?

Yeah that was Aaron. I'd say it's definitely extremely stressful, especially when you know you're not a Traitor. You're essentially being accused of lying to everyone (often based on completely spurious reasons) and possibly being about to be kicked out of the game.

There is no real "right" way to act either. Come across too panicky, people will say you're panicking because you're a Traitor. Come across too calm about it, people will say someone that cool and collected would make a perfect Traitor.

I remember last series, when one person was banished and said they were a Faithful, Meryl said "I knew it" to herself which then caused Maddie to accuse her of being a Traitor, because only a Traitor would have known they were definitely a Faithful. A few episodes later when someone else was banished and said they were a Faithful, Maddie said "I knew it".

No matter what you do or say, you're just under a microscope at all times and have no control over how people can interpret it. The stress they must be under at all times must be insane, and that would only be extremely heightened at the roundtable.

• Advertisement

Thank you, I just couldn't remember his name .

You're so right in everything you said, there's no right or wrong way to act in the game as everyone else will take from it whatever they choose. Insane.

Brilliant show, roll on 9pm 😄

Advertisement