Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Traitors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭archfi

Well, well, well.

Paul's been done in.

I will say though, Harry was way to specific when he was detailing the dungeon episode he literally repeated the Traitor's plan word for word but the failthfuls are so thick I think he might just be safe for at least another episode or two.

Jaz, despite knowing Harry ran to Paul about Jaz's Paul suspicions (ie Harry showing big Traitor behaviour) was a bit OTT with his praise of Harry though I guess that's down to finally getting Paul out and Harry's pivotal role in that.

Zack was unbelievably stupid when he decided to have a go at Jaz during the roundtable. I honestly thought that was Jaz gone when Zack led the way with pointing at Jaz (joined by Ross, Andrew, Charlotte and Paul) in the middle of Paul's roundtable demise. I mean, that's not the first time he's led strongly then pointlessly aimed at someone other than the target.

Charlotte's a bit of an exaggerator, her 'fight' with Zack, her previous lying about what Zack said in episode two or three and tonight's exaggeration/lie to Harry about Paul pointing the finger at Harry. But it helped with outing Paul - I think maybe that's the way she is in real life too.

I'd guess Charlie, Ross or Jaz are next on the block.

Ross is as bad, if not worse than his mammy at this game - he'll probably make the final!

PS I saw Paul on BBC2's not-so-great Uncloaked show tonight and he came across well, a bit of a wannabe TV zlister but perfectly pleasant man, but I'd say undeserving of the pure hatred some show him online!

Post edited by archfi on

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

So glad Paul is gone. Such a fool. Even in his exit recording, saying Harry had learned from him - he just cannot see that Harry was always the clever one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Aw I'm so glad Paul's gone though. Even his interview bit at the end saying Harry's learned from him. Harry's been Paul's puppet master!

Jaz's only real arrow in his quiver is challenging Harry on why Harry fed back to Paul something Jaz said to Harry in confidence. He probably won't go against Harry though.

Said it before, Harry's a stone cold baller!

Feel bad for Andrew, his integrity will be his undoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,306 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Dont know what happened to my post earlier about last nights episode - was saying what a great episode but Paul is not long for this show and Harry will throw him under the bus if he makes one false move, the faithfulls are still useless AF - Miles was barely short of saying he was a traitor and people still thought he was a faithful. Harry is gonna win this I think

Then tonight's episode I just watched and I laughed along with Harry

This show has definitely got better with the second half

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭Sono

Harry went into way too much detail this evening about Paul, if any of the faithfuls had any sort of cop on they’d twig that he knows way too much and is a traitor, instead he looks untouchable.

I wouldn’t rule out Andrew double crossing Harry and throwing him under the bus, he’s clearly uncomfortable as a traitor. He has seen Harry shaft 2 traitors already so it’s inevitable he will shaft him too, kill or be killed kinda thing.

I am just glad Paul is gone, he was sickening to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Harry bussed on Paul the same way Paul did to Miles, maybe others will pick up on that, I think Ross even though was wrong on Paul is the only one with an ounce of suss on Harry who is playing a blinder but imagine if Andrew got him out

I was surprised at Charlotte's turn on Paul as she was 100% loyal to Paul

It ends next week yes?

What a series, this game, Oh My

I enjoyed Ross little wink to camera about mother Diane, I may have a wee crush

• Registered Users Posts: 17,306 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Andrew is not liked enough to go against Harry, would backfire on him but agree glad Paul is gone, too cocky for his own good and really useless at the round table (which was extremely long tonight I thought) every time he's been challenged

I fear Jaz will be banished next but he deserves credit as the first one suss on Paul plus he voted Andrew before he was a traitor convert 😁 he was the psychic

The traitors are playing the game for the faithfuls

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Jaz almost rescued Paul with his performance at the roundtable. Never rule out the ability of someone to put both feet in their own mouth mid discussion in this game.

Paul's demise was excellent tv but like others have said Harry was way too specific in his attack on him, particularly mentioning the dungeon as a "cock up". Andrew is definitely really uncomfortable with the role, I think he accepted it to stay in the game but that's about it. Don't think he has the temerity or smarts to shaft Harry either he would just get pulled under the bus himself in the aftermath.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭505_

Ross should be banished next just on the grounds of being the worst faithful. I think his track record includes a leading role in banishing several faithfuls and defending multiple traitors. I’m not sure how his voice held so much sway particularly early on. He hasn’t had a clue throughout. An asset to traitors for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭Sono

Yeah I agree about Andrew, he may take one for the faithfuls and sacrifice himself in trying to out Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I heard an interview with Claudia where she was saying how at one of the roundtables last year, when one of the Traitors turned on another at the roundtable, a producer said in Claudia's ear (through the earpiece) to try and control her breathing, because the traitors turning on each other caused Claudia to start breathing a bit heavier.

Must be one hell of a tough role in fairness. She knows who the traitors are etc but has to try to never give anything away, even during missions. Another reason why I wouldn't trust RTE to pick from their usual stable of excitable puppy presenters. Even Alan Cumming who presents the US version is a lot more theatrical in his role than Claudia, but completely stoneyfaced when he needs to be.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

He should have been banished after he railroaded Jonny for no reason other than gut feels tbh. Faithful are probably going to take out a few of their own now before the crosshairs even slightly point to Harry. Ross and Jazz both on very shaky ground.

I wonder is your man Roger from the Aussie version available now the AU one is cancelled, I find him a decent host too. Doubt they'd have the funds to get Claudia herself plus BBC likely wouldn't allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭This is it

As others have said, Harry's level of detail when outing Paul could be his downfall, if they're clever enough to twig it.

Jaz and Ross could be in trouble tonight. Probably Zak murdered...?

Harry played it to perfection last night. Paul's head was on the chopping block far too often and there was always going to be a big question mark over him for most people, especially as the numbers dwindled down. Harry just capitalised on what was going to happen anyway and led the charge against Paul.

My big concern for Harry is actually going to be ego. I think he could start soaring too close to the sun, and his waxy wings may melt. Maybe not until the final, but I think he could slip up easily enough if he starts to feel untouchable. Probably also won't help that his fellow Traitor Andrew is playing it as cool as Del Boy falling through the bar.

I really like Jaz but he does himself absolutely no favours at the roundtable. Same with how Anthony was really smart and calculating and could have been a huge asset, but he went far too aggressive as soon as his name was mentioned and then people didn't trust him.

It is funny how Charlotte keeps wondering why the Traitors haven't killed her even though she's a threat, and even during the funeral presumed she was the one they'd murdered, meanwhile the Traitors almost never mention her or anything she talks about. She's still in the game because she's completely middle of the road; not weak enough to murder because she'll never be banished, and not strong enough that they need to get rid of her because she's a danger to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Yeah, Charlotte is slightly too bland to get much attention yet. Her cleavage deserves a show of it's own.

Evie and Charlie and Mollie are so vanilla though. You would keep forgetting they are in the show.

Hopefully the only characters that make it to the final are the strong ones...not the quiet ones who get their by default!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Poor decision by Harry last night imo, he could have let the banishment take its course and likely kill a faithful rather pushing to kill off Paul. I think there was enough suspicions around Paul that Harry could have offed him pretty easily later on

That's kind of what happened last year though.

Meryl may as well not have even been there for all the help she was at finding Traitors or coming up with theories, Hannah was okay but could be very easily swayed and based her votes on people's personailities rather than any real logic, and Aaron mostly made it through the last few episodes just by virtue of the fact that the person he was closest aligned with was the bigger target.

People get accused of being a Traitor for not speaking up. People get accused of being a Traitor for speaking up too much and therefore trying to deflect/scheme. People get accused of being a Traitor for not voting with the other Faithfuls even when they're wrong. People get accused of being a Traitor for always voting with other Faithfuls.

But yeah, it's only the last two episodes where I'm beginning to recognise who's who out of Evie, Charlie and Mollie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Harry gave himself away, he stopped just short of saying to Paul, remember when we had the traitors meeting and you said you would go into the dungeon... great tv though. 😁 And nobody noticed anyway.

I really enjoyed Andrew's reactions, he was like a rabbit caught in headlights, you could nearly see him thinking what the hell have I done, at the breakfast table. I liked the fact too that it was obvious immediately that he wasn't as foolish as Harry and Paul obviously thought, when they recruited him. There was a collective feeling of 'oops' when the three of them stood looking at each other.

Roll on 9 pm 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Oh I get what you are saying - completely. I think that the show is so good with the alpha characters that it seems like a waste of space to have the quiet ones still there.

It's almost impossible for a really strong faithful to make the final with the way the game is designed. They'll be murdered in a flash, unless they're exceptional at winning shields which in itself also draws suspicion!

The game is based on a parlour game known as Mafia (or Werewolf to some, Boards used to have a very active community who played regular games until the new site design essentially wiped it out completely) and there are other roles for faithfuls that I'd love to see utilised in future series.

A protective role for example where a Faithful could choose to guard someone each night from murder would be intriguing to see play out both in who got selected and how the Traitors react to it.

Once the series is over if there was sufficient interest I'd be happy to run a forum based version of the show on Boards. Anyone interested can PM me or follow the sign up thread when I create it 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭taratee

Really enjoyed last night but I think Harry jumped the gun with Paul. He should have waited to see if Paul was going to go for him. Pretty sure that Paul would not have mentioned his name. Harry is left with Andrew, who doesn't want to be a traitor, hasn't a clue how to play the role of a traitor and he isn't as dumb as they (Paul & Harry) thought. Paul and Harry should have banished Andrew last night. He's a terrible traitor and he's no patsy. Not sure that the faithful, who were appalling last night, are smart enough to notice that though. I don't know what to say about Jaz and Zack. Unbelievably stupid stuff from the pair of them. Thought the faithful were going to end up banishing Jaz at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Regarding Charlotte, the only thing she brings to the table is her cleavage, the directors doing a great job of showing it too.

Regarding Evie & Charlie, I only found out last night now the group has got smaller that they are two different people. I know someone said that previously but I was generally confused last night. Goes to show how little they have offered to the show.

Because the Faithful are so bland I'm hoping for a Harry win. Plenty of twists and turns though. Hope Ross gets the boot tonight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Incredibly specific stuff from Harry but as has been said already nobody seems to have noticed. Has editing hidden this and we'll see someone mention it tonight? Would have been hilarious if Paul had said on leaving - "well done there Harry you were spot on with everything you said". That might have escaped the "don't reveal a fellow traitor" rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

So turns out Paul was on Deal or no Deal back in 2010 where he won 10p.

Guess the moola musta ran out!🤣

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

And as they pointed out on Uncloaked, it's more than he won on The Traitors 😁

If Jaz remembers his Paul convo about Harry going back with what he said telling the others if he stays he may bring heat on Harry but Jaz at the roundtable speaking brings heat on himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

Recruiting Andrew was a massive mistake. He knows he can't trust Harry an inch so he has to be very careful if they recruit again. If he goes against Harry the group will side with Harry. Reckon they should just murder faithfuls who won't get banished, stir the pot and hope he doesn't get outed! Delighted Paul is gone but no confidence in faithful making Harry.

Advertisement