Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Traitors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,816 ✭✭✭appledrop

Ohh that's a nice twist.

I think Paul could have messed up here.

He didn't think that by been in the dungeon he would no longer be around so people could actual start talking about him more easily and start to wonder if he is a traitor

I think poor Meg could be in firing line here for no reason whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,298 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Why did they cut the episode there? Why make that a cliffhanger? Does she say something to throw Paul and Harry under the bus, some sort of hint?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Poor ould Meg, screwed every which way with Andrew being saved. I guess they cut there to open with reactions as the murder is a foregone conclusion now. Wonder if people will cop that Paul already rightfully drawing suspicion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,305 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

New show on Netflix - The Trust - similar vein to The Traitors and I'm enjoying it as well, the amount of backstabbing lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Unsurprising to see Paul under some suspicion now. He's too attention seeking.

I think it was far too obvious putting traitors in the dungeon. Better to have put 4 faithful in and have them all under suspicion as traitors trying to mislead.

It would have been brilliant to see the consequences of Andrew being saved and Meg being banished. So no murder possible and Paul and Ash effectively outed as traitors.

Molly's observation that the traitors may not be bothered protecting each other was on point. Zack and Jaz seem to be smart and aware. I thought Ross' admission of throwing suspicion on Sonja in case she would rumble him/Diane was very devious. I wonder are him and Diane officially allowed tell each other their true status.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,373 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paul's cockiness is drawing suspicions, was delighted Andrew was saved

I hope Harry and Paul "argument" with Ash at the start of the roundtable banishment discussion and nominations will be remembered now traitor Ash is banished

It would be good if Ross or Diane had been a traitor

I don't think traitors are allowed to tell anyone if they're a traitor or who else is a traitor (which would be a given as they can't tell a faithful who the other traitors are without revealing they're a traitor and that's how they know).

So Diane and Ross can tell each other they're faithfuls, because as a traitor you're supposed to say you're a faithful anyway. But if one of them was a traitor it would be against the rules for them to tell the other.

Kinda means when a pair like that are in the game, the chances of either of them being a traitor are probably slim as it affects the balance of the game. They could pre-agree some code or gesture where they could tell the other if they're a traitor.

Spoilers for series 1 in case there are people who haven't watched it:

Kieran kinda told the others Wilfred was a traitor in the final, but he heavily implied and hinted at it rather than outright saying. It would be very borderline rule breaking, but considering he was being voted out anyway there was no point punishing him for it, and if anything the producers doing something to punish him for it or telling the others to ignore what he said would have made it even more obvious Wilfred was a traitor. Wilfred still had a chance to convince the others Kieran was just being petty and Wilfred was a faithful.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yes, I noticed there was a distinct part of the traitors oath emphasised in the first episode which was that they could not reveal the identity of other traitors. I don't recall if it was included last year at all but I reckon it may have been emphasised specifically because of what you mention in the spoiler part of your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The US version of the Traitors is starting again tomorrow (season 2). Lots of reality TV heavyweight stars like Dan and Janelle from Big Brother, Sandra and Parvati from Survivor, CT and Johnny Bananas from The Challenge.

The first 3 episodes will be available from tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,723 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

All Ash had to was vote Paul and say "you play a good game". Boom, Zack and Jaz would know for certain they were correct in suspecting Paul.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Part of their oath, though, was that they wouldn't betray another traitor.

Can't remember exact wording, but that was the general gist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,817 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I loved this last year and wasn’t going to watch it this year as I didn’t think it would be as good especially knowing the way the format

sure who was I kidding, gripped again! I would rather they have left the spoiler of Diane and Ross for another few episodes…it was too early on, barely knew most of their names so it didn’t really wow me

Paul is a physcopath! Paul for the win!

I think Paul is a bit of an idiot tbh. Foolish.

So far I think Harry is the shrewd one, and much better at putting on a credible act. And ruthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I think the ex soldier who lost his leg is the soundest one in it.

Paul is so arrogant can't wait to see him gone.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I like him too.

Jonny. I still haven't got all the names.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

Enjoyed last years series and this one is shaping up to be just as good. Would love if Harry and Miles murdered Paul but can't see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Paul is grinding on me now. Harry and Miles might realise soon that he would throw them under the bus without pausing for breath. I do think Paul will talk himself into a banishing though.

Zach is proving to be a clever one but no one really listens to him.

I liked Paul at the start but now think he is an idiot.

Totally stupid idea to put himself in dungeon, no one even had an inkling it was him but then the chats when he wasn't there started the doubts

I thought himself and Harry were very foolish the way they went gun ho on Ash.

That actually didn't have enough 'evidence' if there were true faithfulls that she was a traitor.

I hope others think that true.

Can't understand why Ash didn't vote for Paul, as others said she didn't have to say much so not breaking the rules could have been something like you have no evidence it's me or something like that, but as others said would put the focus back then on Paul.

Can't wait for tonight!

Poor Meg, bye bye.

• Advertisement

I want Paul to stay a while yet because he is a pain and will show himself up more and more, I think, as time goes on.

Harry was playing a very good game but I think he messed up last night going after Ash with Paul.

Well, Miles voted for her too in the end. And she is gone, which is the safest result for them once they turned on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Neowise

Think Miles got away with a screw up at breakfast saying that, 'why andrew, andrew is a random one', when there was four left and before host told folks about the remaining 4 being dungeoned, sure, everybody else was waiting to see who was next to come through the door, and miles knew it was all 4.

Yes but Miles just looked like he went along with group but not fully sure, it was actually a great move by him.

It wouldn't have made sense for Ash to vote for Paul on her way out, and would have been far too obvious a revenge move or signal to others that Paul is a traitor. If they all did that, it'd completely ruin the game. Ash was done and Paul wouldn't have gotten the votes to be banished anyway.

Real shock though that they didn't go for Paul last night themselves anyway. I definitely don't have much faith in the faithfuls. They knew it wouldn't make sense for the Traitors to kill Meg instead of Paul when Paul was popular and there was already a lot of suspicion on Meg, and then when Paul came in for breakfast most of them instantly forgot that. I think suspicion might fall back on him quick enough but these people aren't sheep, they're headless chickens.

Harry pulled off a great move voting for Jonny last night. That took guts and was tough for him, but damn it was the right move because I think it also cemented him as a faithful to a lot of people. Miles is doing fine but I could see things turning on him sharply towards the end.

Have to say I also like how they've changed up the shield challenge this series. Now it's a lot more obvious who has the shields rather than one shield pretty much protecting whatever team won the challenge (because they agreed not to reveal who got the shield).

I was sorry to see Jonny leave, I really liked him. A sound character.

He came across well on the Uncloaked programme too.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,787 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If Paul's gets banished, I'd say Harry and Miles are in trouble. Neither are confident enough to go far, so I can see enlisting of further traitors shortly if it does happen.

Even with some of Paul's silly decisions and Anthony raising suspicions very vocally around the round table - he went away still pretty much clean.

They won't get murder Diane anyways.. that's for sure - neither of the other two will be missed tbh.

Could be even better than Season 1 this early on.

Yeah yesterday was a bit of a dip for me, it went back to the faithfuls being more lemming-like and railroading poor Jonny over one person's poorly articulated reasonings. Ross directly contradicted himself too, his first point was that Jonny was too quiet and then he mentioned that he called people out - you can't have it both ways Ross just because you don't like who he calls out doesn't mean he's being quiet. Of course literally nobody backed him up at all.

Anthony was 100% right the correct tactical move was to take Paul off the table as he exists as a Schrodinger's Cat essentially at present, he could be a faithful being set up but also could be pulling a double bluff (in the eyes of the players anyways). However I fully expect poor Anthony to be railroaded out and banished in the next episode.

Jazz is being ridiculous too, afraid to call out Paul in case it puts a target on his back so whispering sweet nothings into other people's ears. The round table is the place for all this stuff and you don't have the courage and conviction to air your grievances you're about as useful as a fart in a blanket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭taratee

True but I think was Ash was just not cut out to be a traitor. Doubt that would have ever crossed her mind. Paul's cockiness could be his undoing but the faithful need to get their act together first. I think Harry could be next in the firing line for Paul. Wouldn't surprise me if he threw him under the bus in a few days. Miles is playing an absolute blinder so far. Anthony and Jaz need to form an alliance.

Advertisement