Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Traitors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Enjoyed both the UK and US shows immensely. Personally, I thought Alan Cumming the better host of the two, taking insincerity to stratospheric levels!! His pronunciation of 'dollars' was also a joy to behold.

Can't wait for season two but they will have to mix it up a bit. They can't just pick three traitors at the start either as it will be too obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

They also need to re-jig things like how people come down for breakfast in the morning and seeing who got murdered. They've usually kept it to the three possible victims being the last to come in, before it's revealed to both the faithfuls and the audience who was murdered. But it means the people who are never one of the last ones to walk in are likely Traitors. I think the only times a Traitor has been one of the last 2 to walk in, there's been a twist and no-one was murdered.

People will be a lot more wise to things done for production/editing for the benefit of the audience at home, and how that might translate to who the traitors might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

Best of all of them in my opinion. It was the first to be released so maybe that swayed my personal liking for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Season 2 should be back in Australia after Masterchef finishes. About 4-5 weeks away I think.

The Traitors Australia on BBC 3 on 9th of July 2023

Traitors AU (Season 2) starts today in Australia. 3 episodes per week.

Can't find a trailer, but I found a 3 minute interview with Rodger Corser on what to expect in season 2.

If people aren't completely burned out by multiple Traitors series, there are two more to check out.

Traitors New Zealand finished a few weeks ago (9 episodes).

Traitors Canada is in progress (2 episodes in).

Both are a mixture of 'celebs' and regular people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Where you watching them?

• Advertisement

Downloaded. Can't post links, Jaffa. Against the charter.

For what it's worth, New Zealand is now my favourite series. I'm about half way through it, and it's a real ding dong battle between the faithful and the traitors.

It's also worth noting that the production values of the New Zealand version are phenomenal. It blows the UK and US versions out of the water. Great music, great scenery, the contestants are super smart and likeable, and the private segments to the camera are really well done. Paul Henry (the host) is a real character too. 🙂

Really recommend it if you can find it.

The end to episode 6. Chef's kiss. 😘😄

I have stuff to do, but had to go to the next one.

And that's it. If anyone is wondering, they NAILED the landing. Fantastic finale, couldn't fault it.

Best Traitors series by a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

Have it lined up :) Looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,253 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Was definitely a good finale, at least different (crap prize money though)

Post edited by fritzelly on

Yep, 50k in NZD is only about 28k in Euros.

The mix of celebs is, for me, what killed the US Traitors, as the celebs knew how to play up to the cameras and get the most attention. The cast for The Traitors US S2 has been announced and is all celebs (and John Bercow for some bizarre reason). Four of them are "Real Housewives".

That said, I'd have more faith in non-US celebs to actually play the game properly and act like actual humans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭archfi

Oz series 2 was great.

The most devious, cunning villain imaginable (I was rooting for them) against the dumbest, and I mean really dumbest group of Faithfuls ever which probably gave the villain a headstart!

The ending was what I'd call perfect.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

January start for 2nd series on BBC

The Traitors, Season 2 on BBC 1 the 3rd of January 2024 at 9pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭taratee

Season 2 starts tonight. Looking forward to this. Going to be very hard to top last season though.

Finished the Canadian one last night. Didn't love it, but the finale was fun. Gurleen was disgusted. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Shame it got cancelled

Looking forward to UK season starting tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 16,274 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Didn't see the first season so had no idea what it was going to be like but have to say I enjoyed it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Same here. I intended watching the first one and never got around to it.

Enjoyed last night's episode, looking forward to watching the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Never heard of this show before but am watching the new UK series. It's a great watch so far. Difficult to avoid spoilers though with the next episode available to those with access to the iplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,253 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Good first 3 episodes - better than the first season I think

I had high hopes for Diane when she copped Harry almost straight away. Thought she could be a real danger to the Traitors.

Then at the roundtable she guns for Anthony because he didn't make room for her in the line at the start BEFORE ANY OF THEM WERE EVEN CHOSEN TO BE TRAITORS AND FAITHFULS.

Is the next episode always going to be available on iPlayer after the TV episode or is it just for these first few episodes? Makes it hard to discuss/engage knowing there are spoilers out there for the next episode. Seems like a stupid decision if it's going to be every episode maybe except for the final.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I read somewhere, maybe on Digital Spy, that that will only be the case for the first three episodes. I guess time will tell if that is correct or not though.

Advertisement