Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Traitors

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Part of the oath the traitors took was not to betray the others so I don't think Ash could have done that, even if she wanted to.

It would be a shame anyway imo if she did. It's better fun watching them trying to guess and being mostly hopelessly wrong.

Jonny was one of the few I felt had a lot going for him. An interesting character. It's a shame he is out so early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,296 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Man the murder in plain sight thing was so clumsily planned and implemented compared to the kiss of death last series. That was just horrible to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭archfi

Jaz has put 2 and 2 sort of together re-Paul and Harry, but I doubt anything will come from it unless he grows a pair (puts himself at risk) and manages to convince others.

I mean I call the Faithfuls thick as fck every series I have *watched but to be honest if I was in there, which would be without the benefit of being a viewer, I'd probably make crappy decisions as well like banishing someone for winking differently or something equally ridiculous (to a viewer)

The actual rock bottom thickest point of this series was that the vast majority of faithfuls didn't think Paul's survival was a bit suspicious at all even though seconds before he waltzed in they'd all said that they 100% expected him to be murdered! but no, he 'couldn't possibly be a bad 'un, he's soooo luvverly'

*The only one where I think the faithfuls were all *genuinely* thick as pigshite was Ozzie Series 2 [RIP]

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,746 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Paul basically has I'm a Traitor written on his forehead, and no one cares, as he's such a nice boy. Worst set of faithfuls ever.

Have they forgotten already that it was between him and Meg getting murdered, and he walked in with a grin on his face, that was a give away, and then they all saw a squirrel run by and forgot.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,373 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paul sort of outed Harry as a fellow traitor to Jaz who needs to speak up more at the table discussion about Paul, like how is being kept as popular and loud "not killed" and I was sure Anthony, Charlie and Zack were also suspicious of Paul, Charlotte is useless and Jasmine just keeps going for shields, psychic Tracy knew nothing

I hope there is a twist and Diane didn't drink

Paul, Miles and Harry were missing together and then Miles returns with a chalice, someone surely copped something

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,305 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Loving this season - love the new challenges, love there is no auto shield and you have to go out of your way to get it

But by god the faithful are absolutely useless, not one cohesive thought between them

Hope Diane is not gone

Can see Harry making it all the way to the end and winning, he's too nicey nicey for anyone to suspect

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Paul gave Harry away in his chat with Jaz, he’s so cocky it didn’t even occur to him what he was doing. But all the banished Faithful seem genuinely shocked to learn Harry is a traitor when it’s revealed to them so I can see him going all the way. After last night Miles is starting to look very shifty after flying under the radar so far, but I think they’ll start to turn their attention towards him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Same as last year, it's turned into a popularity contest instead of an actual game where logic and reason isn't important 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

I reckon Paul has started to realise that Harry is a real danger to him and has started the process of throwing him under a bus. But Harry is pretty ruthless too and more popular, so he won't be slow in sensing that and retaliating. But you can also see that Paul is working on outing Miles. Jaz has figured it out about Paul and Harry but will he have the cohunas to put it out there?

I didn't realise there was an Eva or Evie until last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,723 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

It's fascinating watching Jaz. He knows full well Paul's a traitor. He's pieced together (through Paul's rather silly move) that Harry and Paul are in cahoots. Yes Jaz can't say anything because Paul's too popular in the group, and if he did he's putting a massive target on his back. He needs to get Zack n Ross on side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

Paul will win the money because he has a hardcore group of followers who instantly defend him at the round table despite the overwhelming evidence that if Paul was a faithful he is much too dangerous not to murder. Plus the screw up putting himself in the dungeon. No way anyone should believe Meg was more a threat to the Traitors than Paul which all faithful's should have realised.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Plus the screw up putting himself in the dungeon.

I agree although I think he put himself in so that Ash would then be readily agreeable to going in too. Plus he knows he is Mr Popular although I'm not sure why.

I wonder if the faithful will ever get it together enough to start recognising the traitors instead of almost manufacturing reasons to believe they are traitors. 'You looked at me funny just then, you must be a traitor...' kinda thing.

Also, Miles wasn't a good choice of traitor, imo. He is too nice, and is uncomfortable with the role. And why did he jump up on the wall for that last mission 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

Myles does that every mission- He does not want to work for the team in a physical challenge!

Getting back to the Faithful V Traitor I have no confidence that the Faithful will win. Harry has never been mentioned as a possibility and Paul could literally tell everyone what he is and some would refuse to believe it!

I do think Paul and Harry will give up Myles if they are under pressure to give up another traitor.

Notice Paul called out Miles' absolute laziness on the task to the whole team and to a few of the faithful individually.

That's both Harry and Miles he's fingered in one episode.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭taratee

Miles performed poorly in that task. Not sure what he was playing at. Jaz has Harry and Paul, definitely the later, sussed now but he can't really do anything about it. The faithful are not going to vote for Paul at the moment. If Jaz survives he can go for Paul later on this week. Really hope that Diane takes a pass on the chalice. That'd be a nice twist.

I thought Zack was suss on Paul but then was tunnelled on Anthony

If Jaz speaks what he knows to Diane, Ross, Charlie and Zack he might get them on side

Roll on Wednesday night. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 17,305 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

This is the type of show you just wanna binge - saw the first 3 episodes of the US version (much better clued on to the traitors)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am loving this show - first time watching it.

To paraphrase what someone said above - the Faithful are more lemmings than sheep.

Really poor performance by them. Poor deduction. Poor logic. Poor decision making. Banishing people for been too quiet. Banishing people for been too vocal. Banishing people for getting nervous. Banishing people for been too cocky. Not looking at facts.

Zach and Jaz have the brains to figure it all out but have the communication skills of a potato.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 A City rising

I think you have to live in the UK to be able to enter.

What a brilliant episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,816 ✭✭✭appledrop

God almighty what a brilliant twist tonight!

I wonder did they just add that twist because the faithfuls were so woeful at identifying traitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,785 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Properly gripping episode..

Harry's comment to Zack during Miles/Paul argument - "do you think this is two traitors going at each other?"

Now that was episode of the series I think.

I was praying Ross would be so overcome from seeing his mammy 'buried' thast he'd blurt out 'mum' at some stage during the roundtable as his X Factor-like interview sounded corny as hell.

By the way, Diane was ANYTHING but brilliant at the game and definitely wasn't a 'huge threat' like she's been made out. She had a bob haircut, a Norn Irish accent and wide apart eyes - that's it!

And her son Ross is even worse at the game (and also has wide apart eyes)

Miles actually impressed me a bit - went from slovenly waster/doormat to having a few minutes of seemingly putting the smug, punchable but not very clever Paul under some pressure at the roundtable, fair play. Hopefully but doubtfully, the pressure furthers on Paul tomorrow. I think Jaz or Evie will be under the spotlight more in tomorrow's episode.

Harry is without doubt the real kingpin Traitor and has been since day 1, hope he wins the cash.

I think the one they should recruit is either Ross or Andrew - they be easy lambs to the slaughter though I think they'll pick Zack (which is Harry's pick)

Harry is a stone cold baller, and I'm absolutely loving it!

Paul thinking he's masterminding everything, and he's basically Harry's puppet! It's hilarious.

I was hoping Paul would out go over Miles, I thought Miles had talked himself up a bit more bussing Paul and also Evie didn't overhear Diane's exact words, their faces ultimately when Paul is revealed as a traitor who they now see as the "faithful hero" should be meme worthy funny

Jaz picking Andrew when he was the most suss on Paul, wtf

Be good if the recruited refused

Harry I think deserves to win

• Registered Users Posts: 33,296 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Diane was pretty brilliant at the game not in the sense that she could identify the Traitors, but she was well liked, respected, threw herself into the tasks, was a team player through and through, and wasn't afraid to speak up at the Roundtable right from the start. She was great in that if she voiced her opinion about who a Traitor was, others listened and many would follow. She was also unlikely to ever be banished.

She was undoubtedly a threat to the Traitors because she became a figure that could sway other Faithfuls, but would have been very difficult for the Traitors to try and convince the others to banish her. And as the game got closer to the end, if she threw her eye on Paul or Harry I think she could easily have swayed enough of the other Faithfuls to vote with her.

I agree though that Miles impressed me at the Roundtable, and actually managed to hold his own against Paul. He was always a goner though. That's why the 'poison chalice' thing was a bit unfair. Once Claudia told them someone was 'poisoned' it started to become far too easy to follow the breadcrumbs back to who gave Diane a drink. There had been no suspicion on Miles but trying to get someone to drink from a specific glass under a time pressure was always going to be so clunky that it really directs a spotlight on a specific Traitor, especially when that faithful is able to walk around for half the next day and tell everyone "These are the people who gave me drinks last night". At least with the 'Kiss of Death' last series, it was an act so unnoticable, Claudia I think only said the murder happened in plain sight, and the Faithful was murdered that night and couldn't tell people about his interactions the night before.

That said, the funeral mission was really well done. Might have been better if we all didn't know who'd drank from the chalice, but even then as missions go it was a lot more entertaining than most other ones.

• Advertisement

On the first night, one of the few names I remembered at the end was Diane. She was an interesting character, I think she might have been a good traitor. I figured she had to go, fairly soon, and I loved the way that was done. Especially when she turned up at breakfast.😁

Miles fought well at the round table but I'd say he skipped out the door quite happily. A lovely man, and not a good choice of traitor, imo. I love the shock the faithful get, as they are eliminated and discover who the actual traitors are.

Harry is the best at the traitor thing, imo.

Looking forward now to seeing who they recruit, assuming that person agrees to join them, of course.

Advertisement