Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Word

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭Tork

When was this? There's an episode from October in my podcast app where he debunked climate change myths

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭drserious4

I wish Matt was an honest broker and I didn't know his opinion on Trump, Boris Johnson, The protests in East Wall etc. But he has to tell you that he's soooo right on and on the right side of every argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There certainly is no impartiality on the show. The host doesn't hide his bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cal naughton

You can tell Matt hates the go loud cash machine. He completely goes through the motions calling it out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Matt is the kind of sneaky little twerp who at school cosied up to whoever was the popular kid ( despite himself being terminally lame and uncool )and who got in a sneaky kick when some unfortunate kid was being group bullied , he also sucked up to all the teachers

absolute Wally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭Tork

Matt has seen what happened to George Hook and Kevin Myers amongst others. If he dares say anything that isn't politically correct he'll be hounded from his job. I also wonder what his research team are like. Are they a bunch of Jennifer Gannon clones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

I would think the budget for research is small enough judging by the content of the show I used to listen but got tired of Matt obsession with Trump and Boris neither of which I like but do not need Matt to keep going on about them .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Good God. Haven't listened to this show in weeks, maybe months, but tuned in this evening on the way home from work for a change. Roe McDermott and some Lorcan Niyan (I think) fella on. Jesus I'm nearly convinced they have these guests on to troll the listener. At the very least to incite anger and frustration. Could you get two more right-on, liberal, politically correct, social justice warriors if you tried. I think Roe's modus operandi is to squeeze the word "racist" into as many sentences as is humanly possible.

Would it kill them to have a modicum of balance, impartiality? God forbid we might get an alternative voice. Absolutely pathetic. Back to Christmas FM for me!

the Lorcan guy is married to the journal.ie editor Sinead o Carroll

McDermot hasn’t an original home baked thought in her head

she’s a walking talking soundbite spewing WOKE bot , insufferable idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

• Advertisement

It's been a lot longer than a few months for The Last Word.

It's been poor for several years now. Up until about 2018 I was a regular daily listener.

Rarely listen now.

Heard the show today at 6pm, and the newsreader just read out the news, without Matt and him having to do the silly to and fro.

Tell me the 5@5 and 6@6 are no more!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Is Roe McDermott still pontificating and man-hating on this show?

Haven't heard her in a couple of weeks. Wonder why, considering she was a firm favourite on the show with the man-hating angle brought into most subjects?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Obviously its oppression from the patriarchy silencing her, couldnt possibly be anything else that we can/can not talk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

• Registered Users Posts: 23,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Roe is hilarious at this stage. An actual parody of herself at this point shes gotten so predictable. Every "review" is identical to the level that I don't think she even bothers trying to watch anything anymore.

Of course it’s predictable, she never had an original thought in her life , it’s just a rinse and repeat of WOKE soundbites from her progressive bible ( CIS , POC, , racist , transphobic , late stage capitalism etc ) sprinkled amongst every subject she comments on , they all fit

intensely boring mediocrity of a person

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tomglsn

Don’t forget problematic….another favourite of Roes.

Roe was a great one for the "I believe her" and "a woman must always be believed" comments.....but seems to not believe certain people. Intriguing, as a certain self-proclaimed leg breaker might say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

We are missing out on her "Cocaine Bear" review.

Hearing her bang on about how "Its a story of nature fighting back against the male Patriarchal society and a story like it is truly empowering and needed in todays world, yet it is also problematic in its unconscious misogyny as the bear kills a person with vagina identifying as a woman.

I not sure whether it was her or Jennifer Gannon who talked about the racism in Toy Story 4 (and notably that one of the main characters Forky was white), but it was one of them.

Look at Forky here, the little racist:

You could just as easily build a Roe- Bot 3000 , programme a bunch of WOKE bites for any given story and Bobs you’re uncle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭griffin100

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭drserious4

Guess what? Matt is in favour of the 'offensive' words in Roald Dahl's book being changed. What a worthless excuse for an author and journalist.

If he was around in the heyday of the Catholic Church he would have been calling for Edna O'Brien books to be banned as well for being offensive.

Sheep.

Not in the least surprised by that.

Matt agrees with everything now just to appear so 'right on'.

I’m genuinely shocked to hear this. All jokes aside but at this stage I don’t actually believe he means this stuff and is just playing to the woke gallery - which ironically is most likely a fraction of the size it’s imagined to be.

Even #WokeTubs was against it apparently……though he has called for other books to be edited, missing of course the point. It’s a slippery slope the auld editing and censorship - once you start that you’ve already lost.

• Advertisement

Cooper is the kind of Wally who as a kid in school, spent half his time sucking up to the teacher by squealing on everyone for any little thing, he’s also the kind of sneak who sucked up to the bullies and who got a sly safe dig in when the target was safe on the ground

A brown noser of approved positions

Advertisement