Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Word

Options
1444546474850»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭fire_man

Agree total rubbish it was.Only tuned in for sports after 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Notwithstanding the fact that Zara King is a brutal presenter, you raise a valid point about the "cosy chats". I see it across most stations now, trying to make "personalities" out of the support staff. Be it AA roadwatch announcers, news anchors, they all seem to want their few mins of fame and to make a name for themselves. Who could blame them I suppose, but there's been an editorial decision somewhere to drive this. Find it very annoying, just do your job and move on would be my mantra.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭kksaints

As much as people complain about Matt Cooper the quality of the Last Word noticeably drops when he isn't there. Ian Guider is probably best of the rest but he's still way off Matt. Zara King and Nathan Murphy are awful hosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,213 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It's pretty poor even with MC, a shadow of its former self.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Shan Doras

Do you remember when Kevin Myers was the speed dial substitute host ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭fire_man

Dunphy in his heyday was very good.I remember he was missing alot though at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Chun the Unavoidable

Yep Dunphy used to have more time off than RTE hosts. I remember around 2001, he was off air for about 6 months, was rumoured that he was in rehab

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Roe McDermott was on the film slot yesterday and ended up talking about some Francis Ford Coppella produced film that seems to have run into a lot of problems (and these problems seemed to be music to Roes ears).

It ended with Roe telling us about an allegation that the producer tried to kiss some of the scantily clad extras.

She seems to be getting back on the #ibelieveher horse after being off it for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

I don’t know anything about Roe, the only time I’ve ever encountered her is whenever she’s on the Week Trending slot. Every single time she’s on she repeatedly mentions the same things - misognyny, patriarchy, racism, homophobia etc.

I’m not for a second denying all those things exist and are a problem, but she shoehorns them in to every single topic even when you think it’s not possible. I can’t help but get the feeling that Roe would blame the wet spring we’ve had on the patriarchy aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,213 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

She wasn't so vocal when a certain close relative was in court for dodgy stuff.

It's a pity that nobody has ever uploaded old episodes from the Dunphy era online. 1997-2002, Dunphy's last word got a lot of younger listeners interested in politics,

Advertisement