Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Word

Options
1434445464749»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

He probably booked the day off because of the gig? I’ve booked many a day off to give myself a rest when I know it’ll be a late night

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Thats the fairly obvious answer.

But gotta get some weird Trump dig in so to hell with basic logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,991 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

But he is off an awful lot over recent months.

My guess is that he's working on another book or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭Tork

It wouldn't surprise me if he has been told to slow down. There was one point where he was doing so many things, it can't have been good for him. He was presenting The Last Word then going over to TV3 to do The Tonight Show. He was also writing books and newspaper columns and probably all sorts of other things. There's only so long anybody can keep that sort of thing up before it starts to affect their health and their family life.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Matt mentioned he had pneumonia during the summer during one of the recent medical slots.

• Advertisement

Roe is back doing the movie slot after a few weeks of absence.

She has sciatica apparently.

A painful condition.

She wasn't missed when she was off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭veryangryman

The environment guy is just designed to annoy isnt he

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Most definitely. And is rarely, if ever, challenged on his viewpoints by Matt.

Like most of the contributors on this show now, he is there to generate controversy, soundbites, etc. Maybe it's working!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Cooper is the worst journalist in Ireland, on every single respectable liberal position, he is a lock step compliant lackey

the kind of twerp at school who sucked up to the teacher by ratting on anyone who did anything out of turn

insufferable Wally of a man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Coolcormack1979

Gibbons the farmers son who hates farmers with a passion and would love to shot us all

Matts refusal to point any finger of blame in the direction of the man he championed to be the President of America for the current situation in Gaza and Israel is typical of the hypocrisy on The Last Word.

If Trump had won the election and he was President now, we would be getting slot after slot on The Last Word outlining how the Americans are complicit in what's going on.

But no, Matt and his team of lily liberals can't see that their hero is just as bad as that other clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Today I learned the Irish Defense Forces are a racist and sexist institution for not allowing men to have certain hairstyles such as a Mohawk and some other extreme styles

And white hetrosexual men are to blame, don’t forget that point.

Poor Roe McDermott, it must be tiring to be outraged all the time. 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭drserious4

She is infuriating. Matt has really let the show go, some of the guests are of very poor quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Roe is great.

Shes one of the great accidental comedians of our time.

I'm pretty sure she'll claim water is a sexist, racist, transphobic, patriachal demon very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭fire_man

Is Matt still promoting his book,podcast etc?

If not I might tune back in.

Maybe she should look closer to home before ranting non stop about men? Just saying......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Butson

He had ivan Yates on yesterday to talk about John Bruton. Both of them must have plugged their podcast 3 times.

"We will discuss in more detail on the podcast"

• Advertisement

The Last Word has gone to s&*t.

Shadow of its former self. On life support. Needs put out of its misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,274 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Haven't listened to the show in over a year, after seeing a post saying McDermott is back I think I'll keep it that way.

I heard Matt Cooper call Trump, "Dopey Donald Trump" twice today when chatting to Marian McKeown.

We know he hates Trump, but slightly embarrassing to hear a so called serious journalist getting personal about Trump just because he might have a chance of winning the election.

The irony is that by resorting to name-calling, Matt Cooper is sinking down to Trump's level. As far as I can tell, Trump is the one who started the trend of dishing out derogatory nicknames to his opponents. It's unbecoming of politicians and it's not a good look for a current affairs presenter. I'd say the same thing if he was going on about Sleepy Joe Biden or whatever the current slur de jour is. It's not hard to find biased political commentators on either side of the political divide if that's your bag. We don't need to add Matt Cooper to the list.

If Trump wins the next election, Matt would be wise to book himself in for regular medical checkups. Trump hysteria is not healthy.

If Trump wins the next election it will mean day after day of the same drivel from Copper on the last word. No need to prep for one of the 20 minute segments each day, just whine on and on about Trump. Money for jam really.

Yes, but you're assuming humans will be able to hear him. Matt's voice goes up an octave or two when he gets agitated. If Trump is re-elected, he'll only be audible to dogs.

Advertisement