Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

People who tested positive, how are you feeling?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

good Q - I wonder if you do a test after booster will it be positive? after all the booster is a small does of the virus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

No it doesn't, that's not how these vaccines work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

It took 2 and a half years....

Myself and Mrs B teated positive this week.

It feels like the batteries have run out, no energy whatsoever.

No taste.

every joint and muscle is sore.

No appetite.

I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

awe ok was just wondering (on the back of the post I quoted)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

All three of us downhill yesterday and today. I'm now on about day 13 and bad fatigue an issue again. Due back at work in two days, that'll be a riot.

Anyone else recently positive have symptoms dragging past day 10?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

@Chris_5339762 Not recent but yes in April.

The medical people told me it is very common that on day 10, it can hit some people very hard all of a sudden.

My day 10 was a Friday of a Bank holiday weekend, and I actually ended up taking sick leave from the bank holiday Monday for the next week, for an entire week.So almost the third week after I actually tested positive, I took off.I work from home though so I was able to work the first 10 days while positive, then go back after that sick week off even though I still wasn't 100%.The fatigue is awful.I found actual tiredness only lasted a couple of days but my body physically wasn't up for anything except sitting and staring at TV for several days.

It will clear but you have to give it time.It could take a few weeks but you will be able to just about function and you have to really pace yourself.Expect nothing of yourself for the next few weeks, don't make any big arrangements.

The 12 weeks after testing positive are the "acute" phase and can be very dodgy (been through it myself) - it takes time but it will improve slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Thanks for that, feeling a bit more human myself and the 75+ year olds seem to be a bit more human. I think I'm on day 15 now. Signed off work for the week though I'll go back for a day if I'm feeling better.

The fun will be now that the oldies will place a complete ban on me going anywhere or doing anything incase I bring it home again! I'll be spending my paycheck on antigens....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

Tested positive yesterday. Had been out for a few on Sunday met 4 mates. Put Monday down to a hangover but Tuesday nose running and throat felt itchy/gravelly. Last night every inch of my body aches and pains woke about half 3 chattering with the cold ans near collapsed trying to toilet. Put on a hoodie and trackies back to bed. Barely slept. Eye sockets extremely sore and a banging headache. This is the first time I’ve got it since it landed on these shores. All my mates negative so far. Herself also negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

All 5 of us are testing positive on the antigens, we haven't had it up until now and we have tested every sniffle as my wife works in a care home.

The online portal to self report a positive result seems to not work anymore - it stays at page 1 of 12 with the next button greyed out, is the government not measuring/counting this any more?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

How are you feeling now?

Myself and my wife have it fairly mild so far, I've had it since Saturday I think so fourth day here. My two daughters had a very high fever last night and are absolutely fine this morning, my son (also positive) seems to be asymptomatic. All of us were vaccinated and boosted as appropriate. No loss of taste or smell. My wife has a headache and cough, my nose was snot city on Saturday and Sunday but thats all gone now, just a bit of a cough left for me really, the antigen test still gives a very pink line for me as soon as the fluid makes it there so assume i'm very infectious still.

On a positive note one of those door to door electricity salesmen called, i told him we were all isolating while standing back as far as i could from him, he nearly ran away, all thoughts of getting us to change provider forgotten:)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Not too bad now. Was a rough ride though, headaches. Every bone and joint in bits, snotty, cough.

Mostly just a sniffly nose now.

Nausea and dizzy spells gone now just a bit of a cough, antigens still instantly showing positive after eight day of it, annoying. At least the kids are all clear and wife very faint positive so I'd imagine she has a good chance of being clear tomorrow.

Had enough of isolation and it all to be honest, would kill for a few drinks but i doubt that would help recovery..

I tested positive last night. I had a headache and oddly quite bad aches in my knees, arms, elbows and hips and decided to, just for the sake of curiosity, do an antigen test as there was a box lying around. A very feint T line came up. Tried again this morning and it was a bright red line in 2 seconds.

So far, fairly mild …

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Respiratory side of it seems to be going away rapidly but wow the body aches are something else when the panadol wears off. Everything’s aching this morning, even my fingers.

Best of luck @GlottalStop , I just got over it and finally tested clear last weekend though have a cough still which may take a while to clear by all accounts. I found total rest was the best medicine, any kind of activity made me feel worse the next day.

I’m taking the total rest approach. I’ve just stayed in bed pretty much and when I’m tired I sleep.

Luckily I seem to have avoided the cough so far. Seems to just be tons of mucous from my sinuses. My nose actually felt like it was burning inside for a while but that’s now passed entirely.

It mostly seems to be severe aches and joint pain.

The other odd symptom is my scalp hurts ?!

Deleted

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Tested positive today.

Last week (Sunday 9 days ago) felt very rough. Light headed, nauseous, very bad headache. Was testing negative. All week. Feeling fine over the weekend. Slight scratchy throat yesterday and today. Decided to test again, positive. Such a weird virus.

Deleted

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

As I was all last week (but without the blood)! I found this when I had COVID in Match. It was my sinuses that took the pounding after I had it. Seems like its before it this time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭RetroEncabulator

I’m too tired. I got COVID around the end of November and was sick for about 10 days without a cough - mostly very bad aches, fever and chest burning sensations down my left side and my back.

I tested negative after about 16 days and only have a headache occasionally but I’m so, so tired and I can’t seem shift the tiredness no matter what I do.

I’d a day off today I woke early but then I just dozed off and slept solidly until 5:30pm through multiple alarm clocks and people ringing me, and woke up with a banging headache and I’m still tired. My joints also all hurt, especially my lower back and hips and knees. I can’t walk very far without being really sore. And I have really bad tinnitus all the time. I always had that to some degree but it’s about 10x worse now.

Hopefully this shifts by Christmas. I haven’t even put up the tree yet.

How long does this take to go away?’

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Round 2, 10 days in here.I'm negative on antigens now though.I was sicker at the start of this than last time, but so far the later stages of it are milder.Was fearing today a bit after my last experience (it all went wrong on day 10 last time!) But so far while today has been tougher than the last few days, I haven't been as bad as last time round.Definitely tireder tha I should be, had headaches this morning, and the muscles get achey quite quickly.My chest is wheezy this evening but this time round I have the inhalers and am more used to being aware of my chest!!So here's hoping I am climbing from a higher base than last time and it will get lost a bit quicker.I've no major plans over Christmas and I fully intend to take it as easy as I can manage with the kids at home, and give myself time to get over it.It's a nasty little sh1t of a virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I tested positive on Thursday evening. Had a temperature which seems to have gone now but my sinuses have been killing me and I’m sneezing a bit. Very little appetite and I’m quite tired. I hope it’ll pass soon. Very bad timing.

It really hit my sinuses hard to. Didn't have any lung/coughing effects though at all.

Does anyone else have mild pins and needles ?

I’m finding I’ve a tingling sensation in my feet / legs and my hands and arms a bit. It’s like pins and needles, but it’s not quite. Hard to explain but it’s sort of more ‘electrical’. It’s like that sensation you’d get off some piece of electronics that is building up static - often got it from metal bodied laptops on charge.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how to get rid of it…

I’m about 3 weeks after my initial positive swab and the first mild symptoms but it’s ridiculous. I’m still tired. How do you shift this fatigue?

I definitely no longer have it. Tested negative after about 16 days, but I’m just exhausted.

I keep falling asleep and think I’m going to cancel Christmas. I can’t even seem to get Xmas tree properly decorated and did all my food shopping online.

I’m supposed to drive halfway across the country on Xmas eve, I was planning all sorts of stuff and none of it’s working. I haven’t even managed to get a haircut.

I tried walking a bit yesterday and I got out of quite badly out of breath after one street. I’m going to try walking on the beach today to see if I can shake this off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Got it bad a month back. Heavy head and chest cold with fever. Couldn’t breathe. Had all the vacx’s. Bit of tiredness continues but otherwise fine now.

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Hopefully this lifts in the next few days. I'm just finding the lack of energy is starting to annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Just tested positive on an antigen, that's christmas ruined.

Feeling pretty grand, haven't left the house all week (WFH) but had a very mild sore throat at the start of the week. Runny nose today tested as was going to go into town with the OH who just finished up work,

Bar mild sympotms, I am feeling fine energy wise etc, much easier than the first time I had it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Russman

Tested positive for the first time on Tuesday. 48 YO with 3 jabs. Had head cold symptoms since Saturday but tested negative on Saturday, Monday & Tuesday morning. Did a test on Tuesday afternoon but took a swab from my throat rather than my nose and it flagged positive almost immediately.

Main symptoms so far have been chills, aches/pains, tiredness (like, never been as drained) and coughing. When I'm lying down doing nothing I sometimes think I'm ok, but then get up and realise "...ooooh, no I'm not...."

The chills have been the worst, like someone mentioned above, have been shivering with the apparent cold at times.

All 4 of us in the household got it, and my 78 year old father had barely a symptom and is already testing negative. Granted he had his 5th shot in October so probably was reasonably well protected.

Advertisement