Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who tested positive, how are you feeling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

Post edited by mumo3 on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

So yesterday, a full week on from the first positive antigen test, i finally got a negative.

Still felt quite warm but not feverish or anything, just warm and sweaty.

Got up this morning did another test and it was positive.

thats 7 days with positive reults in a row, 1 day negative and now another positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

For anyone who can remember back about 10-11 weeks I finally lost the weird smoky burning smell I was getting.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

So 12 days after consecutive positives, today is first day ive gotten a negative

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭treenytru

Woke up tired yesterday & struggled through a workout. Sore throat & a congested feeling with slight headache started yesterday evening. Negative antigen test but self isolated.

Tired but still struggled to sleep last night...few trips to bathroom & thunder & lightning didn't help😄

Got positive test result this morning but feel better than yesterday..less tired & really now just have sore throat & congested head...little hot & achy but v grateful I appear to be getting off lightly. I'm fully vaxxed & got boosted last Jan.

Logged test result with hse..anyone know how long it takes to receive antigan tests in post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭OrangeLavender

I logged my positive test with the HSE last week - didn't even realise they posted out antigen tests. Vaccinated and boosted since December. Was feverish with a sore throat the first day and then second felt 100 times better both cleared but 5 days on can't shift watery eyes and congestion. Normally that goes after a day or two for me on a normal cold. Lucky to have gotten off this lightly I know but I still feel miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

After four vaccines, got Covid. Asthma flared up, got two doses of steroids and was on the neb every day for about two weeks

Other than that:

• temperature for about a day
    • diariah about a week
    • cough three - four weeks
    • Fatigue for 4 and half weeks
    • Nauseous 4 weeks
    • Sinuses 1 week
    • Shivers - two days
    • Bed bound - two days
    • Coughing up coloured phlegm one week
    • Coughing up uncoloured phlegm three weeks
    • Needed one week off work.
    • Metal taste in mouth three weeks
    • Tested positive for about a week

So worst was first three days, than the next four.

Then the next three was like my body just trying to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Not a great advertisement for the vaccine with that list of symptoms and duration of your illness after 4 doses.

And in some countries they're taking Paxlovid on top of the vaccines too.

"It would have been much worse without the 4 doses" I suppose...

Would depend on the severity I think Tim Robins was just trying to be as honest as possible. Half those symptoms I can get any day just with some form of hayfever/allergy. Woke this morning with thick head, blocked noise, cough, puffy eyes, sinus pain and fatigue after a great nights sleep and thats got nothing to do with covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

And the paxlovid seems to more often than not result in a rebound infection. Another great product from pfizer!

• Advertisement

I can't take risks with pseudo science. I am asthmatic. If anything it's a reminder to people who may have similar ailments to mind themselves. You might consider getting yourself a peak flow and a nebulizer so when it arrives your prepared for your asthma fairing up.

Your choice what medication you want to take or not but I'd happily get injected regularly if the science says it reduces risk of hospitalisation.

For the four weeks, I would have been bad enough to stay off work for one week. Week two I was 75%. Week 3 85%. Week 4 90%.

I am prone to approx three chest infections per year. I'd rate this as similar to a bad chest infection with more symptoms e.g. diarrhea was pretty bad and wouldn't usually get that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

For anyone who rembers a while back - it appears I may now have asthma.Probably not directly due to covid (which I had in April) but a secondary infection shortly afterwards. The consultant has an opinion that it may have been present and dormant but was "activated" by covid and the subsequent infection.

I am a little sceptical but we shall see.I'll hopefully have more medical appointments soon.I am not in debilitating shape (some of the people in the clinic with me were suffering awful symptoms), but it is more of an irritant for me and an unexplained sensation that wasn't there before June.

The consensus of all medical people I have seen lately is that covid is bringing forward underlying conditions or unresolved medical issues in many people that they may not be aware of.Nasty little virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

I had it, got it in hospital and wouldn't have done a home test if I hadn't been in a hospital that was riddled with it. It was a mild head cold and things smelled and tasted odd for a few days. I've had worse hangovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Tested positive this morning for the first time. Started to feel like I was coming down with something all of a sudden around 1am - shivers, skin crawling, headache.

Now I have a headache, tachycardia, chest tightness, dental pain, widespread aches and pains, shivers, temperature is 38, nausea. No cough, sneeze, nasal symptoms, or sore throat - so far. I feel fairly rough now, despite lack of obvious or classic symptoms. Just discovered I have a low White Blood Cell count a couple of weeks ago so not sure where that leaves me either. Let's hope it's short-lived.

Elderly mother lives with me, only one bathroom, so pretty nervous about that more than anything.

Post edited by Hippodrome Song Owl on

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Exactly the same here .

Now need a steroidal inhaler after covid . Secondary mild cold one month on after covid .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,925 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Tested positive maybe 4 or 5 weeks ago.

Very fatigued every morning I wake up, irrespective of how much sleep I get. Feels like I haven't slept at all.

And now getting lot of dizzy spells too. Sometimes overnight if I happen to waken, and also when I first get up in the morning.

Not sure if connected to testing positive. I would have had mild dizzy spells before, but the fatigue is definitely since the positive result.

I have tried a few strenuous periods of exercise since too, and definitely don't seem to have the same energy or lung capacity as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Tested positive with no symptoms after first variant. Had a hospital operation so I had to be checked. No symptoms and no operation either unfortunately.

Tested positive after 2 vaccinations of Pfizer and 1 horrible Moderna booster. Was the Omicron variant. Felt like **** for a couple of weeks.

Ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

My 7 days self isolation are over this morning. I am still strongly antigen positive though so I will stay where I am until Monday anyway.

It has been a very strange illness in several ways - thick phlegm built up deep in my lungs without ever having any upper respiratory symptoms; the sickest I've ever felt for a short period then improved like the flick of a light switch. A very weird experience. I have been feeling no symptoms since Thursday evening and thought all was good, but have discovered this morning that I am unable to have a 5 minute conversation without feeling breathless. It's concerning and very strange as I feel I can breathe fine and have no cough, no wheeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Just tested + yesterday. First known catch.

Runny nose, dizzy, phlegm, roof of mouth sore.

Very fatigued all last week, but sleep apnoea developed recently so suspected that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Have you had the inhaler a while homewardbound?

I finally contracted Covid 8 days ago. It's been a very mild illness for me. No cough, no fever, no sore throat or pains. Slight runny nose, reduced taste and smell, a bit lethargic. Wife same as me, but with a slight cough.

My kids' symptoms came on very suddenly. They both started to complain of feeling cold, and they both vomited once but slept peacefully and were totally better 36 hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Another one of us getting it for the first time...

For me its just a standard cold, slightly elevated resting heart rate (+10) and the odd slightly hot/sweaty and cold periods. Either a standard cold or a very very light flu.

Worried about the old parents, obviously, who I live with, but both of them had a third booster a few weeks ago so have plenty of antibodies already in their system and don't need to ramp up production, so should be fine.

As this thread has been started again I'll post once more about weird smells since Covid a good few months back. Can't find any other reason for it other than Covid but still getting none existent or altered smells. The smell of burning now comes and goes and its almost like my brain is saying you can smell X but I'm no longer interpreting it as X I going to substitute the smell of burning instead. Then I had nearly a month of poo/disinfectant smells. Any smell in the bathroom would be interpreted as a strong smell of poo and or disinfectant and our bathroom has never smelt of disinfectant. I've said previosly the burning smell had gone but it came back was replaced by the poo/diinfectant smell which might have gone again this week. Who knows what I'll be smelling next?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭sporina

Nope no sign of and no one in the family with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭sporina

OH has covid - v sore throat so far..

i'm fine so far - but I think i'll more or less isolate anyway.. like, I'll go shopping with a mask but I won't be meeting up with anyone - regardless of what the guidelines say,..

I'm pretty much back to normal now, reckon I picked it up at a party the previous Friday.

Both parents are now positive by symptoms. Bad fatigue in both, a bad cough, some weakness and in the case of one, exasherbation of Parkinsons symptoms. Elevated heartrate suspected in one too.

I hope this doesn't go on for long - having two of them sick at the same time (and absolutely no backup of any sort from anyone else) is not easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭foozzybear61

both of us tested positive a few days after our boosters..

I had a scratchy throat and other half has a cough

Feel a bit tired but otherwise fine so far, Exact same thing happened this time last year after shots

Coincidence ?

• Advertisement

Ten days after scratchy nose symptoms, still a very definite double-line on the antigen today. Will try again Sunday.

Edit: Still a cough only but slightly more fatigue than two days ago. Seems to be a slight resurgance if anything.

Advertisement