Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

People who tested positive, how are you feeling?

«13456717

Comments

  • #2


    My fiancée's sister tested positive 6 days ago, she's been tired but no other real symptoms, she has not infected any of her 3 kinds or spouse even thou they share the same bed.


  • #2


    My fiancée's sister tested positive 6 days ago, she's been tired but no other real symptoms, she has not infected any of her 3 kinds or spouse even thou they share the same bed.

    Oh, yeah I've heard who some people just don't get infected by their spouses and just confuses me how it works that way.


  • #2


    Tested positive on Wednesday. Genuinely feel like death.. throbbing head and ear ache. Blood shot eye and an acute shortness of breath.. awful stomach pains and energy is totally zapped. I haven't been able to get out of bed for three days.

    Strange thing is my partner has no Symptoms at all. This is such a horrible thing.


  • #2


    4 family members & work colleague all positive over the holidays.

    All fatigued/smell & taste gone and headaches. Nothing more apart form that thankfully.


  • #2


    I know an entire family that is positive. Nobody has anything major. Slight cough and some loss of taste in some cases.


  • #2


    Ryano87 wrote: »
    Tested positive on Wednesday. Genuinely feel like death.. throbbing head and ear ache. Blood shot eye and an acute shortness of breath.. awful stomach pains and energy is totally zapped. I haven't been able to get out of bed for three days.

    Strange thing is my partner has no Symptoms at all. This is such a horrible thing.

    Sorry to hear that, how long have you being positive for?


  • #2


    I tested positive on Tuesday. Have had flu like symptoms for a week now. Lots of fatigue. But no fever or chills this last 5 days. No concentration at all, brain fog. Am optimistic that I will turn the corner this weekend.


  • #2


    Neighbours had it. Three out of five tested positive, the other two negative despite repeated tests. Two children no symptoms and one adult felt flat for a day. It really is strange how some members of a family don't catch it when it's in the household.


  • #2


    My niece (HCW) who tested positive 2 months ago had a few of the symptoms, fatigue, loss of smell and taste. Still during Xmas she had no sense of smell and taste, heard her on the phone during the family Xmas zoom call that it was strange eating chocolate truffles and After Mints and not been able to smell or taste them at all. My family in Dundee got infected too and they got the same symptoms but have their smell and taste senses back.


  • #2


    Very mild sympthoms, a bit of tiredness and a very mild head cold. Wouldn't have known only got a tested as a close contact.

    Finished isolation period and all good. Feels a bit weird going back out to the shop!

    Other members of the household with whom I would have mixed tested negative (one had symptoms).

    I know a few people now who have had it and generally they all all mild, one older person finding it hard to shake completely - seems to have affected their stomach and left them dehydrated (may not be looking after themselves too well).


  • #2


    Close friend of mine (25,F) got it. Herself and her partner both completely loss sense of smell and taste. Headaches for days. Nothing too bad.
    She got her smell back within a month. His smell and taste have barely returned 4 months later.

    He just says its fine, its just that food is a bit boring.


  • #2


    Tested positive Thursday. Cough and tight chest and tired. Get out of breath easily enough.


  • #2


    Tested positive on the 2nd Jan, fevers, chills, aches, pains, loss of smell and taste. Like a proper dose of the Flu for me, with the added anosmia. Not at all pleasant, hopefully I should be clear by the weekend, Wife and 3 kids got it as well.


  • #2


    Neighbour Got it before the Christmas, got it in work EMT , for a fit man he said he was never as sick . Literally had to crawl to bathroom.. I was shocked when I spoke to him yesterday he must have lost a couple of stone and taste only coming back now. He admitted he was scared with the breathing aspects of it.
    His wife and 3 kids never caught it....


  • #2


    Hope you all get better very soon.
    Have any of you any underlying conditions?


  • #2


    Hope you all get better very soon.
    Have any of you any underlying conditions?

    No underlying condition


  • #2


    I tested positive yesterday, I only went for a test because I had a very mild cough and as i work in healthcare it wouldn't have been great to be coughing in work.
    Was shocked to get a positive result, it's a really strange virus.
    I had mild headaches last weekend, that I just could not get rid of, right behind my eyes but I didn't put it down to covid.
    I had the first dose of the vaccine on Monday afternoon - though I felt absolutely terrible after it, chills, absolutely freezing, feet were like blocks of ice - had to go to bed with paracetamol.
    no underlying conditions
    So Im all over the place - however, I don't feel particularly unwell now, a bit moany and not sleeping great.
    My husband seems much worse than me he's due a test on Tuesday and he's definitely going to be positive.


  • #2


    Hope you all get better very soon.
    Have any of you any underlying conditions?

    I got it last March. I've a kidney transplant (14 years). Heavy head cold like symptoms. Cough. Loss of taste, smell. Fatigue. Shortness of breath. Relentless high temp. Two weeks in hospital. 3 days on oxygen. Liver deterioration, pneumonia, UTI, blood ecoli infection, lost a stone in weight. Never really thought I was going to die but really wanted to. Other than that it was grand and I've made a good recovery with no lasting effects.


  • #2


    CRI0ST0IR wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, how long have you being positive for?

    Tested positive on Wednesday, symptoms started on Saturday. I thought it was flu. Partner got the all clear today (she was concerned that she may have spread to her elderly parents when dropping their food shopping last weekend to them).

    She's fine though no symptoms and got the official negative test today even though we shared same bed until this Wednesday.


  • #2


    Realtine wrote: »
    I tested positive yesterday, I only went for a test because I had a very mild cough and as i work in healthcare it wouldn't have been great to be coughing in work.
    Was shocked to get a positive result, it's a really strange virus.
    I had mild headaches last weekend, that I just could not get rid of, right behind my eyes but I didn't put it down to covid.
    I had the first dose of the vaccine on Monday afternoon - though I felt absolutely terrible after it, chills, absolutely freezing, feet were like blocks of ice - had to go to bed with paracetamol.
    no underlying conditions
    So Im all over the place - however, I don't feel particularly unwell now, a bit moany and not sleeping great.
    My husband seems much worse than me he's due a test on Tuesday and he's definitely going to be positive.
    Jesus that's mad that you got the vaccine while positive. Were the people who did the vaccination notified?? That will possibly lead to an absolutely awful outbreak if their infection prevention was even a tiny bit careless. I hope you're doing ok, you really have to be in top physical form when you get vaccinated or you feel like shjt. I got the flu jab and got a bad dose just after it back in Nov 2019. No craic. Hope you feel better soon.


  • #2


    emeldc wrote: »
    I got it last March. I've a kidney transplant (14 years). Heavy head cold like symptoms. Cough. Loss of taste, smell. Fatigue. Shortness of breath. Relentless high temp. Two weeks in hospital. 3 days on oxygen. Liver deterioration, pneumonia, UTI, blood ecoli infection, lost a stone in weight. Never really thought I was going to die but really wanted to. Other than that it was grand and I've made a good recovery with no lasting effects.

    Wow, that was rough. Delighted you have recovered.


  • #2


    I wish I could taste something! Eating a banana here and getting 0 taste, mad.


  • #2


    Tested positive on Monday, have had symptoms since last week. At the start I was really tired, joint pain, headache, cough etc. Now I have mild shortness of breath and absolutely no taste/smell whatsoever, which is the worst part. Really takes the enjoyment out of food.
    Weirdest part is my partner has had two tests now and has came back negative twice, even though we share the same bed... its very stange.


  • #2


    My girlfriend (mid 20's) got it back around the start of November. Started as what she thought was a head cold, then she had a temperature for a night. Cough came and so did loss of taste/smell. She was tired a lot too but by day 10 she was pretty much 90% back to normal. Cough remained for a few weeks, and her taste/smell came back around the same time. I've definitely seen her way sicker.

    And weirdly enough I never got it, despite us sharing a small 1 bed apartment and staying in the same bed.

    Ironically the same happened to my brother, his girlfriend had it, he never got it either. Maybe our family blood is the vaccine. :pac:


  • #2


    I developed nasal symptoms on Monday and with chronic sinus problems, I didn't pass any mind on coughing up nasal drip stuff. On Tuesday night, the cough got a bit dry so I rang my GP on Wednesday just in case. I had put it down to my throat getting irritated from coughing stuff up so wasn't worried. Got a test Wednesday. Wednesday evening I felt like I got a bit of a cold with a stuffy nose and swollen lymph glands (which isn't meant to be a symptom). Got the results this morning to say it was positive. It really just feels like a mild cold that you'd barely pass any heed to at any other time. Other than 2 or 3 dry coughs a day, I don't have any other symptoms and even my GP wasn't sure a test was entirely necessary. Fatigue and joint pain I have on a daily basis anyway due to other illnesses, but they haven't been notable.

    I've had no contact with a confirmed case. I haven't been anywhere other than food shopping where I've wore my mask and sanitised my hands. I barely socialised during normal times, nevermind now. It just shows how easy it is to spread.


  • #2


    Ryano87 wrote: »
    Tested positive on Wednesday. Genuinely feel like death.. throbbing head and ear ache. Blood shot eye and an acute shortness of breath.. awful stomach pains and energy is totally zapped. I haven't been able to get out of bed for three days.

    Strange thing is my partner has no Symptoms at all. This is such a horrible thing.
    emeldc wrote: »
    I got it last March. I've a kidney transplant (14 years). Heavy head cold like symptoms. Cough. Loss of taste, smell. Fatigue. Shortness of breath. Relentless high temp. Two weeks in hospital. 3 days on oxygen. Liver deterioration, pneumonia, UTI, blood ecoli infection, lost a stone in weight. Never really thought I was going to die but really wanted to. Other than that it was grand and I've made a good recovery with no lasting effects.


    That sounds absolutely horrible. Glad you had no lasting effects.


  • #2


    polesheep wrote: »
    Wow, that was rough. Delighted you have recovered.
    Thank you. From the start we were told that in most cases we would be fine if we contracted Covid, and that is absolutely true. But alot of us that got a heavy dose of it either suffered badly or died. My stay in hospital was horrific. I had one particular day where if they had told me there was nothing more they could for me I would have accepted it gladly, I felt so bad. I’ve had a couple of life changing operations and Covid was far worse. My 88 y/o mother died from Covid the day after I was admitted to hospital. To the skeptics on the ‘relaxation’ thread, she was perfectly fine before she got it. She died of it, not with it. In all honesty I probably gave it to her as I didn’t know I was positive and back then they didn’t know all the symptoms. My best friend who was 58 tested positive on the 8th of October and was dead by the 10th. His lungs bled out while he slept. His wife found him the next morning. You can imagine what that was like. And yet there’s loads of posters on the ‘relaxation’ thread that think it’s not as serious as they say, that we don’t need lockdowns and that it’s ok to infect a nation because the death rate is miniscule. Anyway, let them off with it. My family and I and anyone that knows what I’ve been through are staying home for the moment. Over and out!


  • #2


    I wish I could taste something! Eating a banana here and getting 0 taste, mad.

    1877595.jpg


    Bit of this all over it. Be grand ;)


    But seriously, hope you and all here recover fully. It's such a strange, strange [email protected] of a virus in the way it affects/doesn't affect people



    PS: can people add their ages and if they've any underlying symptoms? It might help us realise that this just isn't something affecting the over 50s


  • #2


    emeldc wrote: »
    Thank you. From the start we were told that in most cases we would be fine if we contracted Covid, and that is absolutely true. But alot of us that got a heavy dose of it either suffered badly or died. My stay in hospital was horrific. I had one particular day where if they had told me there was nothing more they could for me I would have accepted it gladly, I felt so bad. I’ve had a couple of life changing operations and Covid was far worse. My 88 y/o mother died from Covid the day after I was admitted to hospital. To the skeptics on the ‘relaxation’ thread, she was perfectly fine before she got it. She died of it, not with it. In all honesty I probably gave it to her as I didn’t know I was positive and back then they didn’t know all the symptoms. My best friend who was 58 tested positive on the 8th of October and was dead by the 10th. His lungs bled out while he slept. His wife found him the next morning. You can imagine what that was like. And yet there’s loads of posters on the ‘relaxation’ thread that think it’s not as serious as they say, that we don’t need lockdowns and that it’s ok to infect a nation because the death rate is miniscule. Anyway, let them off with it. My family and I and anyone that knows what I’ve been through are staying home for the moment. Over and out!

    I am so sorry for your losses.


  • #2


    My girlfriend (mid 20's) got it back around the start of November. Started as what she thought was a head cold, then she had a temperature for a night. Cough came and so did loss of taste/smell. She was tired a lot too but by day 10 she was pretty much 90% back to normal. Cough remained for a few weeks, and her taste/smell came back around the same time. I've definitely seen her way sicker.

    And weirdly enough I never got it, despite us sharing a small 1 bed apartment and staying in the same bed.

    Ironically the same happened to my brother, his girlfriend had it, he never got it either. Maybe our family blood is the vaccine. :pac:

    I wonder is there any truth in blood type?


Sign In or Register to comment.