Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

People who tested positive, how are you feeling?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I did a bit of research and the longest report from a believable source said rarely 60 days was the longest time that anyone had tested positive.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭sporina

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

What's best for the sore throat? taking panadol plus but it not working. worse sore throat I ever had and my nose runs like tap. Sore throat started on Wednesday and has got progressively worse, headache as well and a night sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Try some throat lozenges, gargling mouth wash or salt water.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Taste and smell still gone. Other than that have a bit of brain fog but no other symptoms really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 SpudsandGuinness

Had COVID twice bad sore throat headache sore legs . Brother had it last week no vaccine he seemed to fair better than myself which I'm fully vaccinated . Odd but that's how it goes🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Escaped it up until Thursday. Felt awful Thurs night, tested neg. Went to bed with sore throat, fever during the night, squirming around the bed restless. Tested positive Friday morning.

Broke up with aches and pains on Friday, sore throat. Friday evening extreme heat and weakness and profuse sweating.

Saturday weakness and aches and a worse sore throat. Fever broke over the night. Hard to catch breath when doing anything lightly exerting.

Today aches and pains gone, worst sore throat I've ever had persists, still tired and puffed.

Wife positive also, and two children, 2yr old and 1yr old. Kids are fine.

I think I'd be fine if I could have rested up for a day or two. But with smallies, impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Tuesday night felt a bit off, did a test on Wednesday morning and was positive, already knew I was a close contact.

Wednesday had body aches and a headache.

Wednesday and Thursday nights sleeps were disturbed with aches, cold chills. Thursday, Friday and Saturday woke up drenched in sweat.

Chesty cough this morning but feeling almost back to normal now.

First time getting it that I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

I found that the salt water gargling did help. I also used Diflam anti inflammatory mouth wash/gargle which helped. It helps the pain of the throat. Tested positive newly 2 weeks ago now and throat is still a bit dry. Getting slowly better. Tiredness has eased now. Just the dry throat left.

Pretty much all good now except for the damn throat. Aches and pains, fever and headache gone at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭patmahe

When my wife had covid I brought her lemsip and honey, seemed to do the trick and she had what I considered to be quite severe symptoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

I had covid in early December. Likely to have been Delta at the time, as Omicron wasn't widespread. I was double vaccinated for five months before I caught it. First two days were like a proper bad cold - mild fever (37.5, once at 38), aches and pains, sore throat, lack of smell. Got no cough though. In two days I felt much better, with only tiredness remaining and the lack of smell. A week later all symptoms were gone.

I tested positive again last Thursday. I had only got my booster about six weeks ago due to having to put it off to March because of the December infection, and procrastination. My only symptoms were tiredness, a really runny nose and streaming eyes. I would have passed it off as hayfever and not tested at all, except that I was meant to go see my Dad who is getting cancer treatment. My positive line on the antigen was rather faded on Thursday, and nearly non existent on Friday. The runny nose cleared up by Saturday. I'm not sure whether it is because I should have tested earlier, and was only testing at the end of my infection, or it was just a really mild infection. I feel absolutely grand now. The infection this time was WAY easier than the December infection and even back then, that was mild enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Still no taste or smell. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

I'm nearly sure I have covid (again). Had it in January, was double jabbed last summer but no boosters since.

Tested negative this morning but it feels like it's on the way. Sore throat, fatigue, pain around ears, muscle pain moving around body and tight chest since yesterday evening.

I'd love if it was a 24 hour thing and I wake up tomorrow fine :)

people seem to think they have to isolate till they have a negative antigen test - why is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭WJL

3 months ago. Still low energy and sore throat after sore throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭patrickc

Have Covid again had it in March. I'm tired, coughy, short of breath (doc put me on antibiotics as I'm quite chesty). I cannot feel full though whatever that is about I'm constantly hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭skinnyfries

I started to feel bad on Sunday, aches, tiredness, pounding headache and a sore throat. Had a very restless night, sore back, very sore throat and had a fever of 38.4 yesterday morning, however my antigen test was negative. I was so tired/weak I couldn’t muster the energy to go downstairs to put on my out of office.

I alternated paracetamol and brupro and slept most of the day, mix of sweats and chills, and couldn’t shake the headache.

This morning I woke with a temperature of 38.5, took an antigen test and immediately got a very clear line. Sore throat has improved, I’m developing a chesty cough, and think I’ll go insane with the headache!

I’m triple vaccinated, and have avoided Covid so far, even while sharing a bed with my Covid positive spouse in early 2021!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

Began with a sore throat last Wednesday (06/07)which became progressively worse over the following days. Tested positive on Thursday. Sore throat has eased a bit today but it was the worst sore throat I ever had.

Other symptoms, night sweats, headaches, runny nose a congested at night time, no energy, difficulty in sleeping. No cough until Monday, productive with green phlegm. Still positive on the antigen today.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Have the breathless feeling since early April.On and off, currently on 2 inhalers for it (i am not asthmatic).

Glad to see people say they were hungry, I had a period where I had the kind of hunger I only got before when I was breastfeeding!!And I wanted proper food, protein, carbs and not junk.It was weird.I put it down to my body trying to fight off the virus, but who knows.

• Advertisement

gosh the SOB symptom sounds scary - any pre existing medical conditions? hope you feel better asap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

Tested positive Tuesday morning, fine all day Monday apart from a pain in my lower back I couldn’t understand, woke up with a shocking fever during the night and a feeling I was going to vomit. I’ve currently a head ache, head cold, chesty cough, and a thirst that would sink a ship…. This is my first time catching it, 2 of the 3 kids have had it previously so hoping it’s only me

my son had it last week thought it was a stomach bug at first!!

edit: we’re all fully vaccinated

• Registered Users Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭patrickc

I'm putting it down to the body fighting it too, it's crazy I just cannot feel full. I'm putting it down to the body fighting it too, it's crazy I just cannot feel full.

Thank you. The shortness isn't as bad today thankfully, but maybe the antibiotics are helping, I needed two rounds of antibiotics the last time I'd Covid. I have no pre existing conditions, I cycle and run regularly and would consider myself very fit.

Post edited by patrickc on

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yes same as, no pre-existing conditions and fairly fit too.🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Ouch Chinese Byrne

…..

Post edited by Ouch Chinese Byrne on

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Absolutely crap the last few days no energy at all trying to move and keep somewhat active just for my own peice of mind however my legs a dead weight the itchy throat is driving me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Sono

How long for? I had it last November and my taste/smell went for 10 weeks! Not enjoyable one bit. I had no other symptoms. Only for taste/smell going I would never have known I had it.

I'm on day 10 now. Throat still killing me, smell and taste halved at best. But the lethargy I'm finding hardest. Totally zonked. Need a sit down after doing light bits about the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Ouch Chinese Byrne

Day 4 since testing positive and only showing a weak red line on the flow test rather then the dark burgundy like on day 1.

all I had was a runny nose and a little tiredness. Runny nose is gone and I’m feeling great. No other symptoms

I would say that yesterday I had an extreme appetite and milled through a lot of food without feeling full.

from the 1st signs of COVID I took 3 thing religiously using recommended dosage no matter if I needed them or not.

• Paracetamol - in case I was to get fever
    • Strepsils - for any issues in my throat
    • Sterimar Hayfever and Allergy relief seawater spray - washing out my nose and sinuses.

The above is what I took and not medical advice.

If I hadn’t tested for COVID I would have put this down to very mild hayfever.

• Advertisement

After the dose of it I had - sweats, chills, shakes, desperate headache and back pains, weakness, godawful throat - it absolutely bamboozles me that people can get same dose and barely have any symptoms.

Advertisement