Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Just back from London, few there yesterday morning for a consultant appointment - jesus, there's no way to describe it but at 39C it was disgustingly hot. Left the doctors office and went to our hotel, 1 Km away and I thought I'd actually keel over. We didn't leave the hotel again until checkout this morning as we just couldn't bear the heat. Thank god for air con. Today was much better at 27c. I can honestly say that I hope to never experience heat like it again. Never got to Harrods Christmas shop 😪.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I know it was a short week for me having been off on Monday, but boy am I glad its Friday. Been a tough return to the office catching up on everything that happened in the few days I had off. Unfortunately for the weekend the weather looks wet & warm so not ideal, but fingers crossed theres a few breaks that will allow us out for walks etc.

Have to admit I'm craving a bit of the build up to start now, and with August just around the corner you can almost sense it coming in the distance, think that's what has my christmas senses tingling for the first time this year, may need to scratch that itch with an out of season film or suchlike, I know we did that last summer too and it didn't impact the build up in the slightest so may need to do something like that to get me through as I'm not getting my christmas fix in here these days with it being so quiet.

Still wont be too long now...

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Interest rates going up yesterday with a nod towards a further increase later in the year is not what many wanted to hear at the moment either. Could be tight for many this year.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

We actually just fixed at a lower rate for 5 years last month and looking at the news yesterday, I'm so glad we did!

In Christmasy news, ordered this from Next for my little boy 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Winterval just updated it's cover photo on Facebook 👀👀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,932 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Exciting and such a great thing for us in Waterford

Heading up to the city town neighbours in Kilkenny today. Doing the smithwicks tour and have a few pints after then

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭BK5

By next Friday there will be less than 150 days to go! 😮😃👍️

So glad the week is over myself, was working outside on site and there was steam coming off me on Monday and Tuesday. Wore a cap to protect my face and head but it also made me even warmer. Tough enough week as we had a few breakdowns so going to have a take away and a beer, cheers everyone.

Drizzly and windy here, has that late October kind of feel. Nothing planned so don't care!

On a sidenote does anyone have any good sites for being newborn Christmas themed clothes? With one on the way I think I need to stock up 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 30,310 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Really need to catch up with with the threads!

@Smell the glove you'll get loads in Dunnes, Penneys etc closer to the time but Next have some bits at the minute.

Guess where I was this morning....M50 Christmas shop 😄 My little boy couldn't believe his luck! Had to drag him out of the place 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭antimatterx

You would probably have to drag most of the people in this thread out of it also 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭BK5

I only live up the road in Ashbourne so I call into the M50 Christmas shop at least once every summer, just to get my fix ha ha.

I actually went in to look at paving so hubby brought little man around the Christmas section 😆 It's a nice afternoon out, if you've never been or you're passing by. We're not too far from it so I think the 'magic' of it is a lost on me at this stage. Plenty of lights and large figures etc. They'll always have something you won't find anywhere else 🙂

Thanks for the heads up about Next as well. Got a nice Christmas dungarees for her 😁

Awh you're having a little girl? How lovely! I'm 39 weeks now and we've managed to keep it a surprise. I'm absolutely dying to know the gender though 😆 Girl's clothes are soooo cute though. You'll be broke in no time!🤣

Yeah we just couldn't handle not knowing so we found out ha. 39 wks you're just there now! Ah stop I say I'm going to blow a fortune on Christmas stuff this year for her 😂

Post edited by Smell the glove on

Really getting the Christmas feels this weekend with this weather. Only in Ireland could you get like this about the weather in the week we've had a heatwave !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Omg you're nearly there! Best of luck with it all. ❤️

Awh thanks @Posy! The countdown is on for sure. Depending on gender, there may be a little nod to a poster here name wise 😉 All will be revealed soon!!😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Morning all

Great to be back, I missed you guys. Hope all keeping well and you survived the heatwave! We had a couple of 42 degree days so spend extra time in the pool :)

Had an amazing holiday in France, first time doing the boat and campsite and was brilliant. Kids absolutely loved it and while not really a 'relaxing' holiday for the adults, seeing them having such a great time made it all worthwhile. I would highly recommend the boat as a way to travel, especially with young kids.

OH was buying new school bags and school shoes (summer sale) for the kids yesterday and we were talking about after school activities and such things so really gave me a Chrsitmasy feeling. I knew it was likely to happen once the holiday was over and is nice to turn the attention to more autumn/wintry things.

Glad you had a good holiday. Don't envy you the 40+ degrees bit though, I'm far too old for those kind of conditions!! Even if it is cold beer drinking weather 😉

Been very quiet here the last few weeks so you haven't missed anything really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Glad you enjoyed your holiday, as DvB said, you didn't miss much in here. We did quite a few boat/mobile home holidays in France when our girls were younger and I can honestly say they were fantastic times. Never had 42 degree heat though - thankfully.

42 degrees @TRS30, I think I'd pass out 🤣 Hottest I've been in was 38 in Rome...never again 🤣

Delighted you had a lovely holiday!🙂

Cheers buddy, hope all keeping well your end.

The worst was the 30+ degrees during the night when trying to sleep!!

I'd say it will be quiet in here for another few weeks till the end of the summer and then start to ramp up.

Think I'm the only person who likes the 'Caramel Twirls'

Let's hope there kept on for the xmas market

I think you might be 😄 Had one recently and found the caramel flavour too strong...not sweet enough or something. Now the Orange Twirl...drool!!! They are delicious 😀

Thanks guys. Luckily majority of the time the temperature was nice mid/high 20's with a breeze so lovely to be out and about in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Caramel Twirl eh? Wasn’t aware of they’re existence, will have to keep an eye out for them next time I’m in a shop. Agree about the orange flavored ones, gorgeous - laughing remembering the hunt for them in shops over here when it was announced they were coming out!

• Advertisement

Those Tayto Fizzy Cola flavour crisps are a disgrace too food ha

Advertisement