Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Sounds lovely have a great time.

We had a scare yesterday as well. After being careful the last couple of weeks, avoiding crowds etc, OH got a text that the a friend who we are sharing the summer camp run with has tested positive. Did a test on Elf1 last night and thankfully came back negative.

Going to go into semi lockdown till we get on go now!

Sounds like heaven to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Keep testing every few days, i had been testing because the young lad was positive & was negative for a few days, but it caught up with me, so leave it for 2-3 days & check again just to be sure. Its such a pain to have to keep checking but thats the world we live in now.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Morning all

Nice, bright and warm start here. Hopefully will be a few decent days of weather.

Still only Thursday, this week is dragging a bit.

Feels quite warm here in my home office, have had to open the window already, though as its West facing i suspect once the sun moves further East it'll cool down a little.

In fairness the few days before you head away on holidays always drags its feet, I'm off next week myself and despite being up to my tonsils with work this is the first week in a while that seems to be dragging a tad. The gas thing is, from the minute I turn off the PC to turning it back on Tuesday week will probably go in the blink of an eye!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I know what you mean. Hopefully the couple of weeks off will actually feel like a couple of weeks!

• Advertisement

Morning all

Happy Friday.

Last day of work for two weeks :)

Enjoy the break!

Was meant to be off for a little over a week myself from today but workload means I've had to shorten that & work over the weekend & go into the office on Monday to set up cover for what needs to be issued in the time I'm off. Its a pain tbh but I simply cant risk all the work of the last 6 months being spoiled by delays during a very important/sensitive time of this project.

Cheers.

That's a bit annoying however I can understand not want to waste the hard work done so far. Hopefully you can make up with some time off later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭BK5

Happy Friday Everyone, don't want to jinx it but forecast is good 🤞🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

Happy Friday all!

Hope everyone's well and looking forward to the weekend 😀

It's our wedding anniversary today so went for a nice breakfast and played with little man and our dog out the back so it's been a nice chilled morning here.

Planning a nap on the couch now...I like to lead a very exciting life 🤣🤣🤣

• Advertisement

Con'grats @jellybear, sounds like you are having a nice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,926 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Advice for ye

Do not put any posts on Redit looking for tickets

Got flooded with scam messages, paid someone €50 on PayPal but thankfully paid them through 'goods and services' so can get it back. Bit fishy that they wanted me to pay through 'family and friends'

Some of the 'Ticketmaster Receipts' were laughable

Into the 160s today...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,926 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah my card is after been skimmed and I suspect from my dealings it was the cause

All good but banks really make a huge deal of thing. Trying to get IDs and everything is irritating

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Would you not just freeze and reorder a new card on your app?

Ugh, disappointing day, weather-wise. Not one bit of sunshine all day!! ☁️

I got some gardening and strimming done, tidied up the front garden and cleared out the shed a bit.

Hopefully tomorrow will be an ice cream and relax day. 🤞😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Today was an amazing day here in Cork - vivid blue skies and the sun was belting down. I'd say lots of people with sunburn tonight. Went to my regular beach for a swim and it was heaving with people, looked like a busy beach in Spain. Lot's more of this over the coming week hopefully.

I suspected that the south of the country had a good day alright.

Somehow the fact that it was nice in Cork makes things worse. 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

• Advertisement

Warm muggy night here in Dublin, wake up open the curtains and a solid grey sky again... think our summer will be warm and grey unfortunately.

Was down in my parents house yesterday and they got to meet their first great grandchild. My brothers daughter had a baby boy last week and she called in with him when we were there.

Special days like this are what it's all about, we are getting together properly next week for a family bbq so hopefully the weather won't be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Had a nice few hours out in Howth yesterday.

Heading out to Dun Laoghaire with the dog in a min & off to the Poitin Still for Sunday Carvary later. Have to do a few hours of work later so this will be good for the old stress levels

Oh, have a lovely time, @gidget! A nice day for Dun Laoghaire, although most days are since it's such a nice spot. 🙂

Aaah, that's great. Days like that have been sorely missed over the last couple of years!

Finally got the sun today in north Dublin! I'm glad now I got all my chores done yesterday. 😂 ☀️

Sounds like great days @BK5 & @gidget

Just sitting in the back having a beer, just finished BBQ. Going to have a couple more and ease myself into the holiday.

Best day of the year weather wise here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Ah was lovely out there 🙂, traffic heading out in the direction of Bray was at standstill on the M50 though, was standing on the beach beside the Dart line & could see the Dart was packed as well heading out there too. Everyone making the most of the heatwave while we have it anyway

Went for a lovely walk with the family in St. Catherines park, then home, set up the blow up pool for the kids and sparked up the barbie. Had a couple of beers and chilled while the kids splashed around, easily the best day of the year weather wise.

Think we all had the same idea yesterday. We had a bit of grub then made a few strawberry daiquiris and sat in the back garden for the afternoon and evening . Wish we could do stuff like that more often in the summer.

• Advertisement

Morning all

Good to hear all took advantage of the good weather.

Overcast but very muggy here this morning.

Could be last post for a bit as heading off later. Might try to get online while away however might also put phone in the bag and only check for emergencies.

Advertisement