Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Still haven't left the house since last Wednesday, got to see the end of Stranger things season 4 though (& excellent it was too!) and managed to get my backlog of ironing cleared too so not all bad!!

We wont mention the rugby!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭pigtail33

A bit dull here this morning, but looking at the weather forecast, the week is going to warm up towards the weekend. If the forecast is right, looks like next week is set to be a scorcher 🤞

Busy weekend for me, which is most unusual. I got soaked at a concert on Friday evening and then a bit sun burned at Flavour's of Fingal yesterday! Flavour's was very busy, as well organised as it could be, but very long queues for all the food stalls and bouncy castles. They could have had at least twice as many food options as there probably still wouldn't have been enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Hope you still feeling Ok. My brother had a bit of a relapse yesterday and felt worse then he had the couple of days previously.

Less said about the rugby the better!!

We were thinking about going to that yesterday and decided not to in the end (with hols only a week away we're avoiding large gatherings).

Guaranteed good weather next week as we'll be away 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Even the buses there were packed, with only one or two people wearing masks. Obviously hoping I didn't catch anything at it, but best to avoid big gatherings like that rather than have to cancel your holiday plans.

Thanks for the good weather next week! That always happens when you book some time out of the country!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭antimatterx

With the summer going the way it has, I'll be happy to get to September pretty quick. There will start to be little moments when you feel like Christmas is creeping up. Although it wont be much of a wait. I still vividly remember February, and that was 5 months ago. 5 months from now is the start of December.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh that's scary when you look at it that way!! 😳

Is it too early to start feeling under prepared?!?!?

Never!! 😮 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭gidget

Nice relaxing weekend here - bit late getting around to watching it, but started watching Lucifer the week before last & finished it yesterday, as well as the final episodes of Stranger Things. Planning on tuning into the last season of Grace & Frankie tonight.

Am actually in a few Halloween FB groups, as well as the Christmas ones & have been looking at all the posts from people in the States preparing Halloween decorations for the front gardens. Some amazing designs & collectibles that they’ve been buying & building up over the last year, all ready to be displayed over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭BK5

Wife reminded me that it is near time for us to take our annual July trip to the M50 Christmas Shop, my love of Christmas has really rubbed off on her the last few years.

Don't know if we need anything new though, any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jude13

I am a member of a halloween group too, it used to be my favorite time of year. I am hoping to make grave stones this year in the garden from foam or MDF. Thinking MDF as its less likely to break and will get used for man years.

The son of our neighbors across the street use get all the leaves from the road and put them in the front garden. He would then have headstones and light up monsters etc that popped up and played music, out of the leaves on some kinda infra red systems when you walked in the driveway. The kids loved it and were also scared at the same time, so would only go over with us.

Unfortunately he moved out a couple of years and took them with him.

Morning all

Another dull start here and just started to drizzle as well. August will save the summer!!

With it just 5th July I'm not giving up on the month just yet... but we'll need serious improvement soon.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

True, guess am I away (did I mention I was going away 😂) in a few days, July in a write off for me weather wise.

When we're heading away I rarely care what's happening at home, reason being most people I know are working anyway & our office is a sauna when the temperatures go up into the 20's 😁... whilst I'll be relaxing by a pool & sipping cold beers or cocktails... even if the weather might be equal (which is unlikely anyway) there's a world between being on holiday in nice weather & being stuck in work in nice weather.

Enjoy the holidays!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,046 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Saw Elton John last Friday and it was pretty amazing, very nice tick off the bucket list. Was suppose to see him in December 2020 but covid put a stop to that then after been rescheduled to December it was postponed to 2023 due to an injury to Elton, so decided to give up on the 3Arena idea and head to Cork in Summer 2022 instead. Fitting way to start my Xmas 2022 season (Step into Christmas is superior to this recent one with Ed Sheeran)

Had covid 2 weeks ago and had to cancel my trip to see Green Day in Marley Park. Thankfully starting to feel much better now So far a great year for gigs for me and these weeks without something feels weird. Next up is a trip to Cardiff for a wwe event in the first weekend of September and then Garth Brooks in Croker the following Friday (please to every god it happens this time)

Year is flying

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hi all, haven't been on here in a long time. I don't think I even recognise most of the posters now - I'm one of the old posters from many moons ago everyone :-D

I saw PTH2009 post about going to Elton and about how they had Covid a few weeks ago and couldn't go to Green Day. Well, I went to Elton on Friday also, and now I have Covid! It only took 2 and half years 😋 feeling not the best I must say. Still able to do a bit of work, I work remotely in my room anyway 3 days a week.....but it's not nice having to stay there after work is finished! Been fatigued, dry cough, just generally not right.

Can't believe we are in July....it's actually scary how fast the time is going. It's so true that the years go by way faster as you get older 😥

Welcome back @leahyl good to hear from you again... (FTR leahyl started the wonder christmas eve traditions thread in here many many moons ago and thats pretty much been regarded as the greatest thread ever on this forum)

Thats unfortunate on the covid, have had it twice myself & am currently seeing out my isolation on the 2nd one... agree its such a pain to be stuck looking at 4 walls, even if they are your own. Fingers crossed you bounce back quickly.

• Advertisement

Morning all

Dry and muggy start here. At least the warmth is summer like!

Happy hump day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Cheers DvB! Yes, this Covid is getting a bit old now at this stage 😋 Will we ever be rid of it?! Feel like listening to some Christmas music now...might just do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Sorry to hear about Covid, round 1 and 2 for some!

We are finally coming out of our 2 week hell of being unwell...just viruses all round!

Hubby and I are actually heading away for a night...First night away from our little boy, he's nearly 3!! Currently 36 weeks pregnant so I am sooooo in need of a night away. Facial and dinner booked so I'm living for it!

Hope everyone has a lovely day...sun is starting to make an appearance!!

Oh and welcome back @leahyl!!😄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Enjoy the night away, @jellybear!

Busy busy week at work this week so haven't been able to catch up here at all! Hope everyone who has Covid is on the mend! Every second person I know has it at this point!

Good to see you, long time no see! 🙂

Time is flying but I'm finding this week dragging on a bit. 😑

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭tscul32

We're in the south of England at the moment enjoying a bit of sunshine. Low 20s at the moment, next week due the heatwave. We'll be in London Sun - Tues with temps 29 - 32 forecast, but then we head north to mid 20s. Even the current 22 is lovely.

We were due at an indoor concert last Friday before we left but bailed at the last minute after a covid scare from the OH's work bbq a few days earlier. Just decided it wasn't worth the risk with us heading away. I can't believe that 2 years later Covid is still somewhat controlling us.

That sounds lovely, @tscul32 !

I hope we get a nice bit of sun this weekend, but I'll only believe it when I see it.

Covid is still controlling us- it's depressing when you think of it, isn't it! Imagine in March 2020 if we knew that this would still be around with new strains, regular vaccine boosters, talk of bringing back masks etc. in the winter of 2022/2023! Sometimes you're best off not knowing what lies ahead. 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jude13

On the countdown to coming home for three weeks. Family leave this weekend and I have 1.5 weeks of being a bachelor with the mutt. And you know what that means......no one to give out when I watch Christmas movies and order in!

Advertisement