Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

@TRS30 enjoy the holiday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭BK5

Have a great time @TRS30

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Have a fab holiday @TRS30

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭DvB

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Hit 27 degrees earlier, that's like... abroad weather! ☀️

• Advertisement

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Morning all! Hope everyone's keeping well and enjoying the weather!

We're about to spend the morning out the back as we're getting new blinds fitted this morning so need to be out of the house for a bit. Nesting has well and truly kicked in!! Only 3/4 weeks to go till baby arrives so trying to get a few bits and pieces done before then🙂

Hope some of you have nice plans for the weekend...I'll be staying in the shade 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Afternoon everyone.

It's so nice to finally have some nice, warm, dry weather. It has been so hit and miss up until now. I'm glad I'm in the East of the country though, so it looks like we'll escape the 30° temps this weekend.

You'd miss TRS30 around and his daily check-ins!!

Hope the nesting is going well jellybear, and that you have a fan or air-con ready for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

some dose of a week

Got a call last week from 'AIB' saying my card has been scammed and that they need to do this and that. Me thinking it was genuine gave in and moved my funds to another account and forwarded them on under the assumption that they will be 'minded' till i get my new pack/card sent out. Rang the bank yesterday for an update and they had no recognition of the transaction. So all my bank account wiped out by scammers pretending to be from AIB. There gone so advanced now they can mask official numbers now (You ring the number and its officially the AIB line). Thinking back now that phone call last weekend was so fishy, line was terrible, when i was on hold there was no music and they knew my PPS number which the bank said they never asked for

Thankfully there is a god and i got my funds back. Never so nervous about anything. Learnt my lesson and will not be answering phone calls or emails from any bank unless fully known its official

Sorry to hear that @PTH2009 and glad that you got your money back. Scams nowadays are very clever - you literally can't trust anyone. The latest one apparently is one from the HSE advising that you are a close contact. I've no idea how it works but just beware if you get a message from them. On a whole other note, I'm flying to London on Tuesday so seriously hoping the weather cools down by then.

• Advertisement

You definitely can't - although the AIB, Bank of Ireland and PTSB scams, as well as the AnPost one are pretty well known now, so fingers crossed they will catch less people.

They have been able to clone phone numbers for a few years now, so that is never a guarantee that a call is genuine either, sadly.

Any doubts, end the call and phone them back on a number you have obtained yourself.

Bought some nice light culottes and a pair of shorts and a few summer bits today on the way into work. I've stocked up on ice creams and prosecco, and planning to order in tomorrow so won't have to cook.

I'm wrecked and need an early night tonight, but then bring on the sunny weekend! Can't wait. ☺️☺️

Hope everyone is getting to relax and enjoy the good weather this weekend. We set up a telly in the back garden last night and the kids watched a few things, it was the first ever time I watched an episode of Love Island.

We're all going to my sisters house today for a family get together so happy days.

Sounds like a lovely day @BK5 - enjoy 😀. We're out in the garden getting ready to have a bbq - this is just like being on holidays.

I'm gonna be the one to say it...it's too hot 🤣 38 weeks pregnant and struggling! Hubby's gone to collect dominos....can't be dealing with cooking! Hope everyone's been enjoying the good weather and any BBQs they're having...save me a nice chicken burger 😆

I hear you Jellybear - i can only imagine how you must be feeling. i don't do the heat too well and like to keep to the shady parts. I think this will only last until Tuesday so hopefully you can keep somewhat cool (and sane) until then. Sticking your feet in a basin of cold water is a good way to cool down too. Enjoy the pizza 😀

Another All Ireland Christmas for Limerick people

I was just thinking, there is less than 2 months to when there will be less than a 100 days to go in the countdown.

I know we all carry the spirit of Christmas in us all year round but when does it "start" for all you, when are we in the Christmas months for you?

Is it from August 1st? September 1st? or a certain date?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭antimatterx

November 1st for me is when it feels real. Sure that darker nights give me the feeling, but once Halloween is over we're definitely there. It helps my tree goes up in the first week or two of November

Usually November 1st for me too - once halloween is out of the way.

• Advertisement

Saw BK5's post and got a feeling of deja vu, then I remembered I had started a thread on this last October (& I'm sure if you back far enough someone else did previous years too) but rather than retype, my opening post is pretty much the same now.

I'm back to work today after having the last week off, WFH (& my home office is doing its best sauna impression) so may be totally obtuse & stick on classical & carols or suchlike in an attempt to cool down Mel Tome style https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Christmas_Song

Into the 150's today too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Afternoon all, been offline for a bit as my work situation changed slightly and was trying to find the lay of the land....still not sure I'm there yet tbh!

Hope everyone is enjoying the heatwave! It's actually raining at the minute in the North East! Hoping it will lift the horrid heavy feeling - the temperature is not as high today as yesterday but I swear, it feels so much more intense!

150s already - time is flying! If anyone knows where to get a toy cement mixer, please let me know so that I can point Santa in the right direction 🎅

I think the fact that August is just around the corner made me think of things like the evenings getting shorter and the BT Christmas shop opening when does people on here start getting the "tingles". I think waiting till Halloween is over is a natural progression though and good to keep that structure.

One of the music channels, I think it was Trace, played Christmas music from about the second week of September last year and even I had to say that's too early. Although I love the cookery programmes coming on.

I know a lot of people had their trees up early and very early in the last couple of years because they were cooped up in the house with Covid but the wife and I have decided to wait till the first Saturday in December this year to decorate because we decorated in November the last couple of years but ended up taking them down before the 6th of January and we'd prefer to leave them up till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Oh yes, that is the ticket, thank so much! We'll soon have our own construction company 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm probably going to come across like a humbug but I'm so glad the weathers cooled down. Apart from last night I've been having awful sleeps. I took a half days leave yesterday just because I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and needed a nap.

I've so much more energy and you still don't have to wear a jumper. Its a win for me!

I like the warm weather, as, let's face it, we don't get a lot of it and it's gone in a flash! But I certainly wouldn't be jealous of the heatwaves in Spain/Portugal/France right now!! ☀️☀️

The fires there looked terrifying and devastating. And watching the news and seeing those houses in London burning. Scary stuff. 😟

Was down in westport today, 13 degrees... felt a tad chilly after the highs of the last few days. Ended up getting to 17 degrees before I left but still, nearly half of what it was on monday in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Glad people are enjoying the nice weather, how down under they can Christmas in that heat is a mystery

Lets hope for a good budget in October, Feel its going to be hard Christmas for some due to the costs of living

exciting that its going to be the first xmas since 2019 believe it or not that it will be proper hospitality hours etc. None of this '8pm/00.30am close, €9 mandatory meal, 6 to a table' etc

Advertisement