Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

People who tested positive, how are you feeling?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

So, did another antigen this morning - big fat clear postive straight away. It only took 2 and half years 😂 Ironically though, I'm feeling much better today. I'm able to work from home anyway so it's grand. The isolating is a bit of a dose though, living with the parents who are both in their 70's, both 2nd boosted in the last 2 months so hopefully they'll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭sporina

@leahyl I hope you feel better soon and that your folks don't get it..

seems to be everywhere now; a good few mates of mine now have it too..

Cheers Sporina, yeah feeling very fatigued again now and checked my temperature and it’s gone up again to 37.9. Really hope parents don’t get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,221 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Yes but to get to that.

10 days and only got first clear today on antigen.

That said I kept working through it. Self employed, the feeling of being so deeply tired is the standout feature of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Ouch Chinese Byrne

Don’t have it but I will in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Feel good today. Small bit of a temperature and a bit of a cough but overall good. Seems like a very light dose thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,152 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I'm about two weeks from first negative antigen test and I still regularly get this weird burnt coffee smell. I'm interested to see how long it lasts?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

I smelt burning as in smoke for a while after the dose at Christmas.

Had everybody up checking for a fire at 4 am !

Got new Co monitors and smoke alarms put in , but they never went off .

It went away after about 3 weeks .

Glad I put all the new monitors in though 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ratatouille99

Got what I assume was Delta back in November. Quite nasty but shook it within about 5/6 days. Sense of smell took 2 weeks to come back and my sense of taste was weird for maybe 3 weeks? Was double vaxxed last August, so 3 months earlier.

Tested positive again on Sunday. Not a fun time, but much milder. Started with a sore throat and minor back pain, then a blocked/runny nose. Lost my sense of smell Monday eve and it's already coming back. Now I'm just drowsy and have a slight cough. Almost back to normal. Probably helps I got boosted in February.

• Advertisement

feck - hope you make a full recovery...

any idea where you got it?

i have none.. wasn't anywhere crowded.. and OH didn't get it.. baffling

Pretty much back to normal now. Did an antigen test earlier and still coming up with a heavy line. Wonder how long that will last?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Felt a bit off colour Saturday morning. Woke up with a mild sore throat, dry cough and fuzzy dull headache, temperature 37.8°C. Two very clear lines on antigen test.

Felt worse Sunday morning. Sore throat, more frequent dry tickly cough. Eyes running a bit.

Felt much better Monday. Luckily I could work from home and felt good enough to do some gardening after work.

Almost back to normal by Tuesday. Just wondering how long it will take for antigen test to come back -ve.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I tested positive on Friday and again on Saturday and Sunday , I was negative on Monday. Sense of smell still not back 100% and the chest infection I also have is taking its time (doctor prescribed me antibiotics over phone). Expecting to feel up to a 30k hike this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭gipi

My bf tested positive on Wed, first time sufferer!

He got the 2nd booster on Sunday, so thought that the flu-like symptoms on Mon and Tue were down to that.

Positive antigen on Wed.

Mon and Tues he felt fluey, with cold sweats and tiredness. By Wed, he had lots of mucus and a constantly running nose, diahorrea, and stomach pain. Today he has a bad chest and throat.

His workmate, who also got boosted at the weekend, tested positive too and is also suffering badly.

C19 helpline lady told me no need to test after 8 days (day 0 = day of onset of symptoms) as not infectious after that.. ie tests can remain positive after 8 days but your not infectious

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Whatdoesitmatter

My sense of taste and smell is gone today. I have pretty much no other symptoms. It's a weird virus.

its so weird.. i feel I got off v lightly.. I definitely think its does related ie: how much of the bug you are infected with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Been ill 8 days now...antigens all neg..did a pcr on Wed just to be sure as event at weekend... a big fat positive ... antigen still neg...ive done 8 antigens all neg..

I've still got symptoms.. bit of a sore throat, bit snuffly, and breathing not 100%...im ok though...

Wife no symptoms neg antigens..

Antigens eh?

• Advertisement

I'm om 9th day of symptoms and it's a but to go yet by way I feel...

@Zippy

Qs..

The tests ye have used so far - are they the same brand or different?

I assume ye are doing them as per instructions?

Thought it was interesting that I did a test on Monday and it was a test that I had got for free in work, it was negative, then did an Aldi antigen on Tuesday and it came up straight away. I think its just coincidence though.

couple of different brands..out of curiosity gonna try different type later..

a buddy tells me you can pcr test + for up to 6 months after having it (I had it mid march) so who knows..

We've all got buddies like that. Funny how people got back into the country with a negative PCR test after having Covid back during lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭opus

Almost 6 months to the day since my last positive test, got another one this morning. Wasn't too surprised as did a lot of travelling last w/end & felt a bit off yesterday. Symptoms are fairly mild tbh, little bit of cough & feel a bit knackered. Hopefully that will be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭dasdog

Had a sore throat on Monday and a sleepless night. Tested positive on Tuesday morning and again Thursday night. Starting to feel okay now after a few days rest. Aside from quite a bit of coughing/sneezing, fatigue and brain fog I had no other weird symptoms. My appetite seemed to increase but maybe that was due to staying indoors. First time getting it but I was triple vaccinated.

My appetite seemed to increase but maybe that was due to staying indoors

I had that for about 3 days, I could have spent the entire time eating.

my Dad's Dr told us that a PCR can test positive for up to 3 mths

• Advertisement

@leahyl awe ok - prob was

wudda been cool to do both brands on Tue

Advertisement