Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Toyota bz4X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭society4

Sounds great HTC….can’t wait to get mine too….did your dealer give you a date of delivery yet….I’ve been told mid to late Aug for the sports model …..hope it’s sooner !

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭HTCJoeSoap

I'm going ahead with it now because I have a 7kw home charger and I've a 7kw in the car park in work in Dublin and my local CIrcle K to my house has a 50kw charger so the fact that the Bz4x only has a 6.6kw on-board charger doesn't actually really matter.

There's also a 150kw charger in Blanch which I'll use if necessary when commuting up and down Dublin.

My dealer said end of July, but could be early August, he's not sure yet as they're awaiting dates from Toyota Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Bioscaller

Nice review. Do you have the Sport or Premium on order? I have the sport but would like to have the 20inch wheels on it but doesn't seem to be a chance.

The model Advanced, Sport and Premium are limited launch editions in Ireland but will eventually turn into the same version like the UK version so you can build the car yourself in the configurator.

I just dont think they will arrive on the 16th July even though my dealer told me so.

I did some research today and located the vehicle carriers for Toyota especially the ones for UK/EU delivery.

Unfortunately, Altair Leader which supposed to dock around the 12th July in Dublin is just off the coast of Annapolis/US and wont be here in time. The carriers Sara Leader and Garnet Leader are nowhere near Europe and it would take them 12 days to load up, deliver and unload in Dublin. With registration/import etc. No chance those cars will be available around the 16th which is frustrating. There is not even a demo car in whole Ireland yet which will probably come with the rest.

The Irish/UK version are build in Aichi btw. and are usually shipped from Nagoya in case someone is interested in this.

Yeah I am not too concerned about that myself. Have a zappi at home and free charging in work. For long trips like Galway, Cork etc. there is plenty of fast chargers around so that will be sufficient. I am just concerned about the delivery. Dealers dont really know and they keep too quiet imo.

• Advertisement

While the 475km range is impressive... that range is mild/warm summer weather battery range. I can only assume that during the cold winter months in Ireland that the range on the Bz4x will be very much reduced when driving up and down the M50. More like 350-400km I would say.

The dealer guy also said that Toyota have put in Advanced Parking Assist as standard in all trim levels as standard, but I don't see anything mentioned about that on the spec list on toyota.ie website and I haven't seen anything about that on any of the dozens of YouTube reviews that I've watched or mentioned in any online reviews.

If we do get APA on our Bz4x's it will be really great to have as it basically will park the car for you when you pull up at a parking space.

In fairness, they dont know much. There supposed to be an incentive for a wall charger and free charging card involved like in Germany but there hasn't been anything confirmed or announced for Ireland. Did they mention anything in the UK if there are any extras that come with the car?

Nothing was mentioned about charging incentives as I mentioned from the off that I already had one on order in Ireland and I that I was only there to just see it and sit in it. My main concern was that I wouldn't have headroom in it as I'm 6ft 5", but I can confirm that there's enough.

The dealer guy didn't have a clue about Irish spec so didn't know if Irish buyers would get APA as standard. Apparently though he did mention that the infotainment navigation has three years free subscription, but after three years you'd have subscribe to Toyota for it, but it could be bypassed using Google Maps on Android Auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,784 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If you're driving at motorway speeds in winter you won't get anything like 350-400km.

Travelling at 120km reduces range significantly in all EVs (all cars really) with the likes of the Model 3 fairing better thanks to its aerodynamics.

Edit: EVDatabase has it clicked at 270km on motorway in winter.

PS: I ordered the Sport version in Precious Metal.

• Advertisement

I also got to sit in the Nissan Ariya two weeks ago at Nissan in Navan the dealer's said delivery could be October - they weren't even sure on that. I wouldn't like to be waiting on one of those and VW almost laughed me off the phone a few weeks ago when I enquired about delivery dates for the ID.4.

The Nissan Ariya is very impressive, but for me after sitting in the Bz4x yesterday, I know I've made the right choice with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Get it now while there is still a €600 grant, leave cable wiggle room for the insulation

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

I have my home charger installed since January as my misses got an Electric Mini Cooper in February. 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

• Registered Users Posts: 12,191 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Not to be an old cynic, but the dealer said the range is great? He's hardly going to tell you it's pish, is he!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

But he wasn't selling me one so he'd no real reason to bullshit me. He was fairly honest and straight up about a lot of the car and mentioned a lot of small negatives.

Keep us up to date on the status of these carriers and let us know when their near Europe and when they dock in Dublin.

Bioscaller, I see on grandons in cork website that they state the car is arriving in early July ….wonder is that just a demo model….maybe our cars are not too far away from delivery !!

Yeah hopefully. My dealer still has no update but says 16th July is likely. Anyway, soon and not next year. In the meantime check this brand new review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJEUOZC8FKY

• Advertisement

Very comprehensive review …thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MarkK1986

Anyone get any timeline on the BZ4X? I was told the 10th of August last week despite the recall and now i got a generic mail indicating a delay but no timelines.

I have been told 16th July until todays email. Dealer has no clue about a new delivery date. T

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MarkK1986

I'm assuming they are due in Ireland on the original date and the rework will be done here? If not then I'd say it will be early next year

Will see. Waiting to hear back from them. In that case I would cancel my order and get either the 11kw version for next year or take the E-Niro or ID4.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Lidl have been installing DC chargers now for the last while, anything from 28kW up to 50kW

And the AC chargers are 22kW

Surely if the sport model is not affected (only the premiere) those cars could be released soon. Very disappointing if we have to wait until later or even the new year.

I was told mid Aug - late Aug after the recall was announced and never received any email today about further delay.

Now there are more affected as they previously told me. The issue will be rectified in the manufacture plant in Japan and not by the dealer itself. Considering the amount of cars affected now. This can take anywhere between 2-6 months. I just pulled my deposit today.

How disappointing for you Bioscaller…..thanks for the update….what a mess this has been !

• Advertisement

I received the same email, this very disappointing, I haven't pulled my deposit yet but I might in the next few days, and although disappointing, it might be a good thing as I might now hold off till the new year and get the 11kw version and I'll save a few quid more and get the premium edition as I really want the sunroof, ventilated seats, 10 speaker sound system as the BZ4X that I sat in last weekend in the UK had all the bells and whistles including the sunroof and it would be such a shame not to get it. And anyway, I read the other day that it's rumoured that Toyota might be putting in a slightly bigger battery in the BZ4X next year with added extras including battery pre-conditioning, just like Hyundai did with the Ioniq 5.

Advertisement