Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I think an early night for Fury. I’d say he is pissed with Whyte doing nothing for the fight either that or he decides to put on a clinic and in that case he’ll puck the head off Whyte who might well be pulled out of the fight by his corner around 8/9. Whyte has a much better chance against someone reckless and hittable which is why I’d give him a decent chance against Joshua.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,092 ✭✭✭✭blade1

He had his chance against Joshua and still couldn't take it.

Fury will box the ears of that dosser in no time.

It'll just depend on how long Whyte can take the punishment for imo.

Fury 8th/9th would probably be most likely but considering Whyte's behaviour I wouldn't be surprised if ref has to call a halt within 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,519 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

To be fair to Whyte he did have a really bad shoulder injury against AJ & was very very green ,

I honestly think he could beat AJ now i really do , He knows AJ cant take shots anymore i reckon its a back & forth fight that Whyte would win,

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Yes, definiteky has a chance to KO AJ....Both were green when they fought a few years ago...

Still I'd leane with AJ to take Whyte out again

I actually think AJ would beat him now.

As bad as AJ is he would just keep his distance and jab away for the night, too afraid to engage.

• Advertisement

F**k it, even though my initial feeling was 7-9 I'm going to go 4-6 for the laugh. 🙈

I'm gonna stick some money on Whyte....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I'd be very surprised if Fury doesn't stop Whyte. Is Whyte even training?

I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up as a lump and take his £8m.

There’s something very strange about whyte here. You’d think he’d want to make this title shot he’s been so deserving of a huge spectacle win lose or draw. If he gets pumped in two rounds any future title holder or contender wont be overly mad about taking him on.

Not saying he is not but they all have the best training camps ever before the fight until after it when all the excuses come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,519 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Being poorly advised ,

This fight was a huge chance for him to make his name household & especially in the states where Fury has a big fan base,

It's s stupid form him, he has found it difficult to get fights for title because nobody wants to take the risk with so little reward on his name ,Now its even worse & then people will think he doesn't help to sell PPV ,

If he loses here i don't see where he goes why would the like of Ruiz or anyone want to fight him ,

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

I think it's a mental thing with Whyte, someone advising him that bypassing the media stuff will stop Fury from getting into his head etc..

I'd say they think Fury derives huge bounce from the antics in the buildup, and they probably think leaving him to carry the media duties will weigh heavy on him/ not give him the outlet to bounce off an opponent.

Huge gamble though as you guys said, very hard to argue for another shot if he loses this, promoters won't touch him.

Apparently Usyk was down below 200lbs before he even started his training camp for AJ in June. Not often a fighter loses weight between fights. I really don't think he should be taking this fight to be honest. He is at a lot of disadvantages and it's not as if he will be gifted a rematch.

This fight has two smells: One of a Whyte no show and one of a Whyte upset!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,668 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

He will show and he will be beaten, that’s the smell !

Next press conference with Fury should be interesting given the developments this morning with the Kinahans.

Not just rumours in the Sunday world this time, actual OFAC Sanctions now

• Advertisement

Sure you'll get the whole "fake news" from the usual suspects. I have no tIme for any these boxers who have ties to MTK

No doubt if the heat gets too much for Fury the owl mental health card will be whipped out!

The next press conference should be interesting.

Just had a look at the 300 odd fighters MTK represent.

Apart from 1 or 2 it's really a whose who of bums who are walking around as full time fighters. Having so many jobbing fighters on the payroll should have raised questions, but it looks like nobody cares enough about boxing to investigate.

Hopefully it all comes out in the wash in time.

I wonder was it cartel money at the root of Fury v Whyte too, is there a danger of it falling through I wonder? There won't be as much money in UK/Irish boxing anymore once MTK are blacklisted.

Michael Conlan looking to remove his image off the MTK site!

Bob Arum’s hand forced now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Fury open workout at the moment, he's got a fair bit of bounce around the middle, he can fight at any weight.

Warren has a mask on and a gravely voice and cough, if he's over hugging whyte we know whats up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I think Fury will outclass him.

He doesn’t look too bad. Somewhere between where he was for the 2nd Wilder fight and the 3rd. I expect him to come in around 275 lbs

Eddie saying AJ KOs Usyk inside 6 rounds….

he know something we don’t?

Post edited by walshb on

I saw odds 2/5 Usyk and 7/4 Joshua. I think that looks long. I’ve a feeling this time Usyk wont be as good and Joshua can’t be as bad and when things even out a bit the stronger, heavier guy has to have the advantage.

• Advertisement

Very difficult to call. Could play out a number ways.

one thing I do expect: AJ to be far more physically aggressive. And whatever the outcome/result of this is what needs to be seen..

Robert Garcia rumoured to be new AJ trainer.

Post edited by walshb on

Advertisement