Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

There's also nothing stopping people in DP going back home or trying their luck elsewhere if they don't like the conditions here. It's not a prison camp.

Also, if they are denied and again on appeal, they should be put on the next plane to wherever they came from not having the taxpayer fund them chancing their arm and feeding and keeping them indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MarkEadie

Thankfully DP is ending soon enough so we won't have this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,342 ✭✭✭jmreire

Pity we do not have the swiss system. 60'000 signatures will get referendum on having a previously enacted law changed, while 100'000 will get a referendum on basically anything. Do you know what polls have been held asking people about their views on multiculturalism, emigration etc?.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Cordell

What I really don't understand is why the illegals are such high priority item on her list. Generally the government should focus on the hard times ahead and the justice minister maybe should focus on justice for the people that voted her pay her salary.

• Advertisement

It will be replaced with something else. A few months without DP, and you'll have people rushing to implement something to replace it. Simply because Asylum without some kind of DP during the process is going to be abused... and abused hard. It's also not going to be enough for the NGOs, more demands will be made, and costs will continue to rise.. Eventually, our politicians will come to understand that this is something no amount of resource allocation and that people are sick of the pandering...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Your posts were misleading and lacked detail on the subject . I will open threads as I see fit !

‘’ You don’t need a law degree to be a Barrister ‘’

Doing the one year year degree course at Kings Inn is a law degree !

You could have explained it better .

Post edited by rgossip30 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

No twitter likes or pats on the head from her betters in Europe for that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Not able to answer the question @[Deleted User]? Which is it, do we bring in unlimited numbers of folks - of whom the vast vast majority come from countries that per capita emit much less C02 and have those folks increase it to Irish C02 per capita rates of emissions?

Surely, you'd want less C02 per capita emissions to fight the Great Climate Change Crisis we are facing - the one you and the green movement in general are jumping up and down screeching at the rest of us to change our ways for.

There is a self-loathing complex that permeates through alot of the lunatic-left way of thinking and the policies they uphold are contradictory. But you'll never get George Lee on RTE News or any journalist for that matter stick a microphone in front of Eamon Ryan and ask him "if we continue to accept wave after wave of immigrants - how can we possibly curb C02 emissions?"

A simple question you guys on the fringe left are unwilling to answer - they deflect and dismiss and if they can't get away with that they tar anyone who calls their policies into question as racists when pushed.

Which I pointed out to the poster that claimed they would have to do 5/6 year law degree.

This is off topic and you need to move on.

• Advertisement

Of course I have a stake in this, doesn't everyone posting here? Would be a strange thread if only people not interested in the topic were allowed to post, strange indeed

What are you on about? Where have I ever mentioned anything about religion? Maybe Klaz said that I said it? I have Klaz on ignore for obvious reasons so I'm not really sure what you're referring to but perhaps you've got me mixed up with someone else as I've never said what you've claimed here.

Perhaps you're in the minority? I wouldn't imagine too many immigrants like yourself sharing your views but you seem to think you are in the majority. Just because there are others like you in this thread doesn't mean that is reflected in the real world. We saw the pathetic results that were seen when people leaning in that direction tried to get elected, people who would want immigrants like you out of the country if they had their way. Funny how you'd probably vote for people who would dump you out of the country if they had a chance. So you probably should be happy that Helen is elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,342 ✭✭✭jmreire

It was a response you made to a post I made where I mentioned that I was a Catholic ( and proud of it too) And you responded by saying basically " People with religious beliefs should not be taken seriously" or words to the effect that their thought processes were deficient. Derogatory kind of comment. I can find it if you wish, but I'm pretty sure you know well the comment I'm speaking about. If that's the way you feel about religion, I wonder what you think about Islam, and were you ever outspoken about it??? Oh, and BTW, Ukrainians are religious to, Orthodox Christians to be exact, and very proud of it also. They see it as being a part of their identity, and in any contact you have with them I'd strongly advise you keeping your opinions on religion to your self.

The folks in Tullamore embracing diversity and multiculturalism through the medium of art

RTE news : New mural in Tullamore aims to highlight integration

Anyone got any spare lego they could send to this young Ukrainian lad. Can be posted straight to the Galmont Hotel in Galway where the family are based at the moment

RTE news : 'We left all our Lego in Ukraine' - a father's plea

Ah I do remember saying that but can't recall the context exactly. I think someone was using religion as some kind of argument for something, possibly against immigration. Ireland has a secular constitution and you can see the shift away from using religion to justify things. As we all know Savita Halappanaver was told in hospital that "Ireland is a Catholic country" when she wanted an abortion. One of the most shameful moments in our history. As for your questions yes I do feel that people following a man made religion devoutly are wrong and every country should be secular, down to every policy that is introduced. Obviously many people get indoctrinated into religions as children but as adults I think they should have the right and yes, the ability, to think critically about it. But things happen in peoples lives, losing loved ones for example, and religion is a good way to cope and I understand that. I do respect peoples right to do what they want to do and believe what they want to believe, as long as it's not infringing on other people.

Not at all, just found it to be a funny use of whataboutery however it doesn't warrant a response beyond what I provided

There is nothing whataboutery when it comes to increasing the population through inward migration and the result of that means more C02 emissions. Unless you sincerely believe that all immigrants are carbon-neutral organic vegans. Which is it?

Moving people around the planet doesn't change emissions though, does it? It is still the same amount of people. I don't know much about climate change, but I would presume the population increasing in the world would have an affect, but why would it matter where they are?

• Advertisement

Erm, yes it does. First of all the air transport to get here to Ireland (but for some strange reason Green supporters turn a blind eye to the fact that aviation fuels attract virtually no carbon tax) is a massive C02 emitter. Secondly, as explained earlier (which @[Deleted User] totally ignored) is that the vast majority of arrivals are coming from countries with less C02 per capita and will be increasing their carbon footprint to match ours - so yes, it does clearly change emissions.

Ireland emits 8.32 tons per capita. Ukraine 5.22 tons per capita. Zimbabwe 0.72 tons per capita. Source: https://www.worldometers.info/co2-emissions/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Cordell

Perhaps I am. For sure I'm in that minority that came here legally and contributes more that it receive - no one seems to care about us until it's that time when you use us in your arguments i.e. "look at the good immigrants like Cordell isn't immigration great?" But for some weird reason you seem to want more of those that are a cost to the state because, I don't know, maybe some sort of savior complex?

In any case, every time you use my origins to justify your point your mask slips a bit more.

Unless you sincerely believe that all immigrants are carbon-neutral organic vegans

Haha, I've heard them called many thing in my day, but thats a new one 😂

False logic, but a funny way to look at things.

Anti-immigration on the basis of emissions, hilarious

Well I'm happy that you're here and I would hope more people like you would come and become a part of Ireland. Clearly you feel some Irish identity now in addition to your Eastern European identity and that is great! It's people like me who support you and embrace you in the country. However you choose to side with people who ultimately would dump you out of the country if they had their way which is what some of the people who have ran have publicly said they'd do. It makes me sad to see you do that. It's even been said on here when Eastern Europeans were brought up that they were ok "because they'll all go home eventually". You should stand with the people who want you here and are happy you're here. We are always going to want you here and I would say you're one of us. Hopefully we can get your support at some point in the future.

I would be fairly confident that the majority of immigrants are here legally!

No-one cares about you? Why would you think that?

One flight to get here? Hardly counts.

Your point about per capita emissions is kinda lost on me, but I think you're saying Ireland has more emissions then Ukraine? If you divide per head?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,934 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Nope, simply blaming them loosing them on a substantial influx of people in a short duration of time, who in the eyes of some are in greater need or heightened need… of free medical care…. If you can’t look after tax payers who need it, have for xx years being paying for it and have been entitled to it you shouldn’t be inviting others to arrive here having not payed a cent of tax here and enjoy that benefit… to the cost and detriment of others here :).

you need to learn about racism my friend before you fire accusations of that nature , because an equivalence of your argument would be if you were flying to Spain next week only for your flights and hotel to be canceled and given to someone else, because they need it but can’t afford it.. healthcare was paid for ALL their lives :) as retirees they should be of the ability to benefit from having medical cards.

not have their life savings potentially flushed down the ditch because some want to flood the country with more demand for OUR services.

At what point should someone not be entitled to a medical card? If they have millions in savings should they still be entitled to a medical card?

"but my parents don't have millions in savings". You'll avoid the question I'm sure.

• Advertisement

Literally zero requirements have changed as regards medical cards recently. The means test for over 70's was there before Ukrainian refugees came and will be there long after and will be applied without prejudice. That you are equating the results of the means test for your parents with something else is an issue for you, the system is working as designed, you just appear to take offense to that and choose to blame foreigners for your hurt feelings on the matter

Advertisement