Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭Qrt

I stopped wearing a mask cos I had covid and know it’s going to do little use.

but it I hadn’t of had it, I reckon I’d have felt much differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,669 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Same here, I never wore one in a pub, putting on a mask for a 2 minute bathroom trip seemed pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 8,669 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

It's sad because at a time when govt tended to get their strategy wrong himself and Luke were calling them out on it, antigen testing and vaccine misinformation were the big ones I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭prunudo

I'm hearing of more and more people who have caught it a second time after only having it within the last few months.

Might explain the rise in numbers with people throwing caution to wind thinking they're immune from reinfection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

"Throwing caution to wind"..... surely you meant to say "getting on with their lives", no?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,369 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

You dont tape masks to your face. Unless thats your own fetish.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭foxsake

he is an evil selfish man.

He waffles on about covid as if it is the plague - yet you know deep down he is our with his media buddies.

it's all an act to stir up fear with the easily led proles and twitter brigade.

Like tubridy. sh1tehawks who don't believe their own guff

Never forget the entire mainstream or legacy media was paid off to beat the covid drum - there is not a speck of decency or honesty in any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

"Never forget the entire mainstream or legacy media was paid off to beat the covid drum - there is not a speck of decency or honesty in any of them."

Who paid them?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,300 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

McConkey back on newstalk

Yay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭scrips

Pat was insufferable yesterday. Over on RTE Radio, there was actually some balance as Claire's guest, a geriatric consultant said he took a pragmatic view of covid at this stage and did not think masks should be mandatory in settings outside of healthcare.

I would hate for mask wearing restrictions to be brought back. It has been such a relief personally to enter premises freely and mix freely without having to fumble about with a mask, and to hear people clearly when they are speaking to you. That's all worth a lot imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,369 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Registered Users Posts: 7,511 ✭✭✭Penfailed

My wife and son have recently recovered after a second dose.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Numbers will drop, they were always going to go through the roof once masks dropped in schools.

Its just like flu season. Had it two weeks, 1 bad day, 2/3 recovery days, still not a 100% but the same would happen with the flu.

Masks will come back in next Nov - Feb, that is fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

To be fair to RTE (that's something I never thought I'd be saying), I was listening to Morning Ireland this morning and the presenter (think it was Rachel English or Aine Lawlor) was really sticking the boot into Anne O'Connor (HSE Chief Operations Officer). Specifically asked her for the breakdown of Covid figures in hospital presenting with Covid and incidental Covid. When Anne tried to pass it off and say the breakdown doesn't matter for hospitals as all patients need to be treated in Covid wards regardless, the presenter grilled her about infection controls in the hospitals stating that hospitals could be responsible for a lot of outbreaks and more should be done there instead of in the community.

Was refreshing to hear this line of questioning for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭foxsake

The state paid them .

Its widely reported the state paid the media for covid advertisements and support in the effort.

wasn't unique to Ireland either btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭prunudo

Nope, meant exactly that. You can get on with your life and still be cautious. Many people have had it in the last few months and think they're immune from getting a different varient.

I'm not for one minute calling for restrictions or anything to be reintroduced, just people still need to be mindful that it hasn't gone away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Hold firm lads , if we drop the ball now we're fukked

Pleasantly surprised that the CMO is sticking to his guns

Politicians and media predictably blowing in the wind .We can't have them driving public health policy.Masks will not save us now from COVID.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Two year into covid I witnessed the most insane scenario so far yesterday when I was starting to believe we were nearly finished with it.

Driving around a sharp bend in the road I had to skid to a stop as there was an old lady with a dog on a lead standing in the middle of the road. She had a mask held over her face with her hand (not looped around her ears). She had moved off the path because somebody was walking towards her and she felt more at risk from covid than an oncoming car on a blind corner. It is hard to quantify the phycological damage that has been done to some people, vary sad to see.

Poor old Tony can't win

Hes the villain again now cos he won't re-impose the masks

I have to admit a grudging admiration for him overall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

The good thing is that they are having different views on RTE now, whereas one year ago it was one and only one side on this...

Sorry, but I can't accept that line of thinking... looks like we'll just need to agree to disagree 🙂

That man has a lot to answer for, I wouldn't be giving him any of your admiration or pity.

He has a neck like a jockey's bollix, he'll be grand.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

No admiration for Tony.

They have rolled him out this week as he was the voice all along,and they are just backing themselves up by saying "see, the CMO has said it now too, so you can stop asking".

Our media are embarassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Allinall

It would have been better if he came out calling for the re-introduction of restrictions.

Then the outrage here could be genuine.

Oh it's genuine, don't you worry.

The twitchers need to back away from their love of restrictions, they just need to accept that covid is over. They also need to realise that the restrictions they all want and love will need to be paid for soon.

The important people Nolan and the CMO are saying no restrictions needed

The rest of em , the media politicians and unions all have ulterior motives in their words

Out of interest has Tony or Philip Nolan said anything about encouraging mask wearing

It's amazing the amount of scientists out there in the media and unions and politics all determining that we should wear masks now lol

With the 2 head honchos saying no restrictions it's just a "bad flu season" and an "exit wave "

It seems clear that we're not heading for a mask mandate right now without a significant deterioration. It looks like we're holding firm and going to see out the current wave

Proper order too .If we cave right now to headlines and all the armchair scientists out there pontificating right now it's the thin end of the wedge and we'll be stuck with random restrictions indefinitely

Politicians need to hold their nerve too although I wouldn't place much faith in them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Tbf, the politicians (the ones that matter at least) don't seem to have any appetite whatsoever for restrictions. They know, better than anyone, the economic cost of them.

Advertisement