Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Our problem was that our measures were much too strict for too long a time.

Those that supported the measures and resisted any changes have a lot to answer for.

Is it any wonder now, people don't give a toss about the virus anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Captain Barnacles

Spain or Italy will NEVER lift indoor masks, they are too entrenched in the cult.

Look at the streets, id say at best about 60% of people don't wear masks.

At this stage though it's no big deal, I always have it under my nose anyway or around my chin - so I can f*cking breath, security don't say anything, everyone knows it's performative now.

Also I heard some politicians in Spain have invested big in mask companies, so they are making a killing, so you can see why they don't want to remove it either ...

Pathetic the way they try and pin it on the removal of masks, and not just people meeting and mixing more in general.

Like in Italy/Spain they won't budge on masks in restaurants, so wearing a mask as you walk to your table but taking it off as you eat and drink and joke with your lunchmates - that's fine, but if they remove that mask for the door to table trip - it's too dangerous according to the "experts".

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭TalleyRand83

The covid marketing campaign seems to be ramping up again in the media it seems, Pat Kenny was borderline panic stations this morning.

Maybe Ukranian war fatigue or indifference starting to creep in so big pivot back to the covid "disaster" unfolding.

Shambles Bill!

• Advertisement

Couldn't listen to PK, he's lost all credibility , does he still have "Playing it down at the start" and now "fear monger in chief after he invested in big pharma" Luke O Neill on spouting "The Science" ?

If Europe was nuked, good old pat would still advocate masks as that's all he's about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Restrictions to visit the Revenue Office has not been relaxed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Covid is worth an absolute fortune to the media. The Covid advertising money is drying up so it's time to ramp up the fear - needs must and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭TalleyRand83

Newstalk is default station for me in car, answer is yes to all above by the way, plus he read out about 10 listener texts that all supported his own view, not even a shred of balance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

At Christmas it was obvious that the mask mandate was a failure given the huge rise in cases.

And they won't be, you think civil service workers working 30 hours a week, on 85k+ a year with 8 weeks paid holidays will want to get off their lazy hole and work onsite?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

To validate that post,have a go at getting a PSC Card to validate a MyGove account.........🤬

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Don't forget the new "alliance" between General Practitioners and the "embedded" Irish media..

Takp a peep at this mornings nuanced,balanced and informative Irish Indo piece.

It would appear that 7 years of study and a variety of University Degrees results in the realization that Humans get sick....

Speaking on RTÉ's Morning Ireland, the Donegal-based GP said that while people are not getting very ill, there is still a lot of illness.

"I think there is a problem and I think we need to recognise it," he said.

A big búladh bós for that Doctor,and of course the Irish Independent editorial team.

The same sawbones,speaking in his Official capacity also muses....

Ireland is experiencing a Covid surge, but people are reluctant to recognise it, the chair of the Irish Medical Organisation's GP sub-committee has said.

The good Doctor appears reluctant to recognise the ability of the same people to use their powers of reason to assess FOR THEMSELVES their own exposure to risk,for health and many other aspects of life.

A significant cohort of the Irish GP sector have been most reluctant to let the Covid drawbridge back down,and prefer instead to continue the arms-length consultation method,which of course fits hand-in-glove with the Pharmacutical industry.

Some of the same Doctors,who in their younger days would have rushed to volunteer with the Red Cross or Medicin Sans Frontiers,to offer their Medical assistance to Africa or the Middle East now reluctantly meet an Irish patient for a face to face consultation,and then only after a skip full of Covid tests of various sorts.

Can the entrepid Editors,or for that matter their "expert" interviewees,not see a correlation between,for example good weather,and the natural behaviour of humans to gather to enjoy such a rarity ?

Is Dr McCauley's office located in a secure underground bunker,or other isolated premises.

The Doctors advice,if he were realistic and genuinely empathic would be,look after your own health,don't be relying on me to do it for ye......"Wear a Mask if you want to" 🤠

Then,just to top it all,the Indo fall back on the list of usual suspects in Covid management terms,with the ever present Dr David Nabarro called to the podium to offer his tuppence worth....

Dr Nabarro also said that it still makes sense to wear masks, particularly in confined places, and to practice physical distancing.

He said that those who are vulnerable should be particularly careful about going out and meeting new people.

Another "professional" who would appear to be unaware of the basic Human Condition as a socially interactive species.

Dr Nabarro may well have a fondness for isolation and reclusivity,but there's a large chunk of Humanity want to,and will just get on with being being HUMAN,beggin your pardon Doctor.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭celt262

Let them at it i couldn't care less what they are doing.

Vague question therefore the answer can't be trusted. Doesn't stop the doctor calling out Varadkar...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Nope.

Not when the "experts" are saying until cases are at 50 per 100K - which is completely impossible for an endemic virus.

Spain is bottoming out at the moment and cases at ~400/100K and will only go up in the following weeks because that's what endemic viruses do.

That RIDICOLOUS figure of 50/100K being the only safe point is just pure gaslighting.

Shame on these people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It is quite odd how many medical people are either giving their opinion or are being sought out for their opinion about these cases. I personally think it's a good thing that most people view COVID as being in their rearview mirror. This mini surge is not going to last very long and reversing a raft of measures for a few weeks looks like poor public health policy.

I thought cases were not monitored anymore ?

Where are they getting these numbers from ?

Seems a new advisory group is being created.

I'm going to wager on some restrictions being reintroduced by Easter.

The media though has been ridiculous with this. 55 people in ICU so a drop of 6 in 24 hours and the cry out for restrictions is deafening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Allinall

The majority are from people registering positive antigen tests on the HSE portal.

Idiots.

Morons, can't people just keep it to themselves, and stay at home if they get it ?

like we did for ... all **** time basically before this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Leo starting to come out with the usual soundbites.:

"We don't want to end up in a situation where we have to reimpose restrictions but he said the situation will be monitored," he said.

Hidden Warnings in his statement??

”Meanwhile, the Tánaiste said any advice about further public health measures would have to come from the Chief Medical Officer, who he said is STILL IN PLACE despite NPHET being stood down.”

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

They are recorded anyway but it's the media running with this. PCR would be largely over 55s but could be younger going private and also people who want a Recovery Cert, which you can't get with an uploaded antigen test.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,080 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

very fun

Seriousness if we give in and reintroduce restrictions than it will be like that for the rest of our lives as our health service cant live with covid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I suspect there are people who will register a positive antigen today and book a PCR on the back of that and register positive antigens until they get a negative. So you could safely discount all PCR cases and probably a few antigens in that case

• Advertisement

But pushing for restrictions based on people uploading their results and 55 in ICU seems insane. How the government could spin that to mean we need to flatten the curve is beyond me. Seems some just want the mask to stay no matter what.

With the country near on fully vaccinated and boosters et all for all then just appease them and put it back in place for public transport and feck off but I suspect that wouldn't be enough

Advertisement