Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Basically it was a pyramid scheme. One scammed person paid for the next one and so on. I wonder what he did for the initial scam though to build up the money to kick off the pyramid scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Watched a couple of episodes of In from the Cold. Quite daft in places and not the best of dialogue but plenty of twists and turns. Not a fan of the flashbacks but still a decent premise. Inexplicably it's all set in Madrid but the city looks well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Toy Boy (2019) Season 2 ( Spanish) - After seven years in a Málaga prison, a male stripper is released pending retrial and sets out to prove his lover framed him for her husband's murder

Love Is Blind (2022) Season 2 - Netflix’s dating show returns for a second wave of singletons trying to find their perfect match without being able to see each other. The first five episodes arrive together, with subsequent instalments arriving weekly.

Bigbug (2022) (French) - A dark sci-fi comedy directed and co-written by Jean-Pierre Jeunet. Humans have ceded most tasks to AI in 2045, even in nostalgic Alice's home. So when robots stage a coup, her androids protectively lock her doors.

Love and Leashes (2022) (Korean) - Love never hurt so good for two co-workers who enter a contractual relationship as partners in consensual play, pleasure and pain.

Love Tactics (2022) (Turkish) - An ad executive and a fashion designer-blogger don't believe in love, so they place a bet to make the other fall head over heels -- with unusual tactics

Anne+: The Film (2021) (Dutch) - Under pressure to finish her novel and move to Montreal for her relationship, a queer 20-something in Amsterdam searches for what she wants in life.

Tall Girl 2 (2022) - In this teen movie sequel, Jodi (Ava Michelle) is no longer just the “tall girl” – she’s popular, confident, has a boyfriend, and just booked the lead role in this year’s school musical. But as the pressure of her newfound popularity intensifies, so do her insecurities, and new relationships are formed while old ones are tested. As the world she built starts to crumble around her, Jodi realises that standing tall was only just the beginning.

Inventing Anna (2022) Limited Series - Shondaland’s true crime drama, Inventing Anna, dives into the scandal surrounding Anna Delvey – real name Anna Sorokin – who conned New York’s social scene into thinking that she was a millionaire. Julia Garner and Anna Chlunsky star.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

The redicilously named ‘the woman in the house across the street from the woman in the window’ is fair mental..

can’t believe I’m still watching it

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

... I assume you've twigged that it's a send-up of The Woman On The Yoke-type thrillers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Supposedly all the Marvel/Netflix shows are leaving, presumably moving to Disney+

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Yes I know 🤣 it’s still silly. And I’m sillier for watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

In the previous page some folk mentioned a film called The Hunt from 2020, I thought it was the film I'd seen but its not, The Hunt I seen was from 2012, a Danish film about a man who gets accused of being a paedophile. I actually recommend watching that one, brilliantly claustrophobic and you feel for the accused lead actor.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Netflix’s Marvel TV shows will disappear at the end of this month

Daredevil, Punisher, Luke Cage, and company have an expiration date of February 28th on Netflix

Disney Preps Plans For Netflix’s ‘Daredevil’, ‘Jessica Jones’, ‘Luke Cage’ & Co. As It Is Set To Regain Control Of Marvel Series

https://deadline.com/2022/02/disney-daredevil-jessica-jones-luke-cage-leave-netflix-marvel-series-new-home-1234931854/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Has anyone watched season 15 of always sunny. Hoping to get to see it shortly. Hoping that it beats season 14 which was good but not as great as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Caquas

I enjoyed the first episode of Inventing Anna.

Glossy, sharply scripted, media-savvy, shifting from prison/courtroom to fancy hotel / restaurant. Exposes the huge inequality in America and the egotistism that drives NYC but somehow it remains escapist fantasy.

Expect lots of plot twists as we get closer to the truth about Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

while the story behind inventing Anna is fascinating and is high on the bullshit meter, it pales in comparison to the story around belle Gibson from Australia. Now that was some 24 carat gold bullshit and delusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Tv program?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I haven't watched it in a few years at this stage but I want to see the episode(s) where they go to Ireland. Anyone know if it's the finale of this newly added season or are Netflix further behind?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

Latest season is where they go to eye-err-land alright 🙂 I enjoyed it, but am a bit of a fanboy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

About half the season is set in Ireland by the way

It’s been contracted for another 3 seasons. Saw some clips of Colm Meaney in it. The lads a legend

i don’t know why but every time it was on tv I turned over as I thought it was some generic American comedy which wouldn’t be my thing. Remember about 4 or 5 years ago when I got Netflix I put it on by accident. Season 1 episode 1. And have never as shocked and surprised at how good something was.

Literally binged watched up to season 9 or 10. When Franck came on board it just went up about 50 notches. I think at this stage I’ve watched every episode about 20 times. Noticed I slight decline from about season 9 but still love it. Last season was rating each episode about a 7 but there was about 2 or 3 that were class especially the janitor one in black and white about the cherries.

Fanboy doesn’t even begin to cover it. Even watching documentaries on her ballet instructor that taught Mac that dance in the prison. One thing I find very strange is that Mac has kind of written himself into such a weak caricature and basically a simp for Denis. My favourite is the interactions with Franck and charlie.

it’s bizarre to think that the first episode aired the same night as the first episode of how I met your mother. I really like how because it’s so anarchic and non mainstream that they can tackle quite complex issues in such a comedic but intelligent way.

would loved to have bumped into Danny de Vito while they were in Dublin but would cringe at the thought of me saying ‘do you remember when you did this, or said that’ and him going ‘fcuck off will ya ya sap’😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Gave up on during the first episode. Thought it was absolutely terrible.

The wife is watching Inventing Anna which means I'm seeing most of it as well. The sympathetic portrayal of the con artist is absolutely baffling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The Kill Team (2019) - The conscience of a young soldier in Afghanistan is increasingly disturbed by the bloodthirsty attitude of his platoon's charismatic new sergeant..

added

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 32,243 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Really recommend doc called "some kind of heaven"

Blurb below

Filmmaker Lance Oppenheim cracks the manicured facade of The Villages -- a massive, self-contained retirement community located in Central Florida. Behind the gates of this utopia lie a small group of Villages residents and one interloper who are unable to find happiness within the community's pre-packaged paradise

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

According to Colm Meaney, they were supposed to come to Ireland, but Covid... So they built Eye-er-land in LA instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The cast were definitely in Ireland for a small time because they tweeted a photo from the cliffs of Moher.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Half the season is set in Ireland. It’s pretty weak alas. There are some baffling geography choices as well - there’s one scene (the McDonald’s one for anyone who has seen it) that looks like it was shot several thousand kilometres away without any attempt to even make it look like Ireland. I know it’s an easy complaint about something shot somewhere you know, but this one is really jarring 😂 There’s lots of cutaway shots in Ireland though.

The rest of the season is grand though. The monkey bartender episode is vintage Sunny.

Post edited by johnny_ultimate on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Watched this the other night. We really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,243 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yeah it was a really interesting watch wasn't it.

• Advertisement

Advertisement