Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Puppetmaster the woman was easily led twindlerswinder the man was a mega narcissitic manipulator in both cases they were victims and the perperators haven't yet got their comeuppance

• Registered Users Posts: 32,242 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That was totally mad tbh.

This tinder swindler one isn't quite as insane (though I am only about half way through)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So it’s up there in the “abducted in plain sight” league then ? Those who’ve seen it will remember the astounding levels of gullible displayed by the parents.

I thought one of them wasn't so bad initially anyway...she was just friends with him...but she was taken in big time as well! Paying for multiple flights etc etc when she is owed tens of thousands...very enjoyable. He is one sly f#cker! Slimey..piece of sh1t.

The third one....very decent bit of revenge with the clothes though and getting him caught finally.

Norwegian journalists a lot better at investigating him than the police!

Post edited by gmisk on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I loved both Tinder Swindler and Puppetmaster.

Cam anyone recommend anything similar?

Didn't like Abducted in Plain Sight..too old for my liking.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It probably couldn't have hoped for a better, unintentional(?) marketing boost than then President Trump decrying it as liberal propaganda.

Lots of good docs on Netflix

- Don't f#ck with cats

- American murder

- Made you look (if you want something lighter it's about art fraud)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

10 years ago today Netflix dropped it's first original series Lilyhammer and introduced the world to binge watching.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yikes, crazy it's only 10 years. Feels like longer, while I wonder how Lilyhammer holds up these days, the service having become more ambitious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Episode 1 was okay. I'll watch ep 2 because Marshawn Lynch is in it but don't know if I'll go much further.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Watched it this evening and thought the same, not sure how I missed it previously. Really enjoyable and as you say Farrell and Grant are excellent

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The other half watched The Woman Etc over the weekend, it was a reasonably decent spoof of the stupid-but-presented-as-if-they're-clever The Girl/Woman In/On The Noun thrillers. I'd be looking a bit askance at anyone who didn't know it was taking the piss, though.

Elements of the Who Shot Mr. Burns? Simpsons episode to the big reveal, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭jj880

Yeah tinder swindler is a great watch.

If only someone had told those women what my aul boy said to me many a time:

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be"

And

"You cant have it and someone else have it at the same time"

Wise words.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,266 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

which is funny as I thought it showed the liberal elites as the terrible people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,823 ✭✭✭Rfrip

While it’s no secret I watch a lot of rubbish and I enjoyed season 1 of sweet magnolia…I cannot stomach season 2. It’s just awful

maybe this is a sign of personal growth

• Registered Users Posts: 10,047 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I felt the same. Was really looking forward to it but did not feel the same connection this season and the ending was plain stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Like it was completely ridiculous but it was In keeping with the series as a whole I thought. I enjoyed it but I probably won't go back for the teased second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Sicario (2015) (back , gone , back , gone , back again )

Kursk: The Last Mission (2018) - For the crew trapped aboard a sunken Russian submarine the deadliest threat is the bureaucracy on land. Based on a true story.

School of Roars (2018) Season 1 - Class is in session for mini-monsters Wufflebump, Meepa, Icklewoo, Wingston and Yummble, who learn quirky lessons from their teacher Miss Grizzlesniff.

Ms. Pat: Y'all Wanna Hear Something Crazy? (2022) - Ms. Pat finds laughter in the absurdities of parenting, pet lovers and very unfortunate lip trends as she unpacks a painful past with humor and honesty

Love is Blind: Japan (2022) Season 1 (Japanese) - In this reality dating series, marriage-minded singles in Japan meet, date and get engaged -- before ever setting eyes on each other

Child of Kamiari Month (2021) (Japanese) - A year after losing her mother, a young girl learns that she must journey across Japan to the annual gathering of gods in the sacred land of Izumo.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

Was watching Lost in Space, but cant take the plot holes going into Season 3 (and the reveal about 10 mins in was the final straw)

Had its moments though

• Advertisement

Catching Killers (2021) Season 2- The investigators behind infamous serial killer cases reveal the harrowing, chilling details of their extraordinary efforts in this true crime series

Disenchantment (2021) Part 4 - Princess duties call, but she'd rather be drinking. Free-spirited Bean exasperates the king as she wreaks havoc with her demon and elf pals...

Pirates (2021) - With a new millennium on the horizon, three friends dash across London on New Year's Eve to get tickets for the biggest event of the year.

The Privilege (2022) (German) - A wealthy teen and his friends attending an elite private school uncover a dark conspiracy while looking into a series of strange supernatural events

Only Jokes Allowed (2022) Season 1 - Six of South Africa's top comedians take center stage and showcase their talent in this collection of short stand-up sets

Added

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Pirates is supposed to be very good. Saw a lot of positive talk about it when it was released in the UK last year. Directed by Reggie Yates who some of us will remember from presenting teen TV back in the mid 2000s.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭alanc2003

Watched it over a couple of days. Enjoyable series to be fair. Very funny at times. Will Arnett is great in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

really enjoyed the hunt for what it was, ignored the political mumbo jumbo and feasted on the gore fest!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

The hunt is rediculous. Only watch if you're really looking to burn some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Trial by Media.

was prob recommended since its from 2020 but I just got to it and finished last night.

very provoking shocking and unsettling too.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes they were gullible but what I found very interesting was the amount of initial outlay involved in getting the woman on his side, he was bringing them on private jets, staying in 5 star hotels, trips all over the place before the women had handed over a cent. He was likely just playing multiple victims on the go, maybe 20 at a time and flying from one to the other. The initial outlay per victim must have been huge like circa €50k each, there had to be some big risk of him accidentally bagging an AJH from the flats with nothing but a fake Canada Goose jacket to her name. The main Norwegian victim didn't really have all that much money herself, the money he scammed from her was the majority of loans she took out to cover them. Interesting enough watch all the same.

Until Life Do Us Part (2022) Season 1 (Portuguese) - Three generations of a family living together in an idyllic villa juggle the demands of their wedding planning business and their own personal crises

Into the Wind (2022) (Polish) - Waves, sunshine and passion await when a privileged teenage girl experiences first love with a free-spirited kitesurfing instructor at a seaside resort.

100 días para enamorarnos (2020) Season 1 (Spanish) - When Connie gets fed up with her husband taking her for granted, they agree to separate for 100 days to see if absence does make the heart grow fonder.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭French Toast

Struggling through the latest episodes of Ozark. Not sure if it's just myself that has lost interest but it feels very slow and mundane. Thoroughly enjoyed the earlier seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I've only watched half of it, but found it very engaging. Looking forward to the rest of it tonight. But I was wondering how real is it? I was thinking the same thing about his initial outlay to trick the ladies. Private jets, parties etc. How did he just get into these parties which I understand were to be exclusive. There was one scene where one of the ladies was on about how well known he was in some exclusive restaurant. How would he have been so well regarded unless he frequented there. One of the ladies seemed to be able to take out loans up to €250,000 in a matter of days or weeks, without having to meet anyone or provide security, other than a fake payslip. Pretty lax systems.

Anyway, it is a very interesting watch.

Advertisement