Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

Imagine the various grants and funding they got from the various film boards. It probably made a profit on those alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Race: Bubba Wallace (2022) - This docuseries follows Bubba Wallace, the only Black driver currently in NASCAR's Cup Series, as he uses his voice and talent to change the sport..

Cat Burglar (2022) - In this edgy, over-the-top, interactive trivia toon, answer correctly to help Rowdy the Cat evade Peanut the Security Pup to steal some prized paintings.

Rise of the Footsoldier: Marbella (2019) - Vengeful ex-con Pat Tate returns to his Essex club and scores a big drug deal. But his plans take a turn when his bumbling pals get involved

Blippi The Musical (2021) - Lovable, energetic Blippi brings his adventures and lessons to the big stage for a musical extravaganza that'll have kids singing and dancing along.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭jj880

Yeah wasnt long after she died that he went off the rails with what he did at the VMAs with taylor swift then the kardashians.

No excuse I know but it seems like his mother was his guide on everything in a big way.

Part 2 out tomorrow:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Looking forward to the rest of the Kanye documentary. First episode was very good.

Its amazing that they decided to start making it before he was famous. Is this the first time this footage has been shown? Like 20 years in the making, that’s amazing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Shot Caller (2017) - Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

A newly released prisoner is forced by the leaders of his gang to orchestrate a major crime with a brutal rival gang on the streets of Southern California.

• Advertisement

11M: Terror in Madrid (2022) (Spanish) - Survivors and insiders recount March 11, 2004's terrorist attack on Madrid, including the political crisis it ignited and the hunt for the perpetrators..

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Has anyone got around to watching Cat Burglar? If so, what sort audience is it aimed at?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,708 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Thanks. No better source than Brooker himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

I found it too slow. Apart from Cumberbatchs performance and the cinematography I fail to see how it can be nominated for an Oscar for Best Film.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Respectfully, I disagree. It's slow but there's an awful lot happening at the same time. Again it's one of those films that just won't be everyone's cup of tea, which is fine, but out of the handful of nominees I've seen it's definitely a front runner for me.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Oh is that actually a Wu Assassins movie? I noticed all the actors seemed to be in it in the trailer but thought it was a coincidence. Enjoyed that show well enough so might give that a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I watched this on Film4. It’s a pretty good film, but brutally violent. Can’t remember if it was based on a true story?? If so it’s shocking to see what can happen to a somewhat normal fella who is sent to prison. The GOT guy is pretty good in it. A very good movie.

I don't believe it is based on a true story though the character of The Beast is based on a real life white supremacist called stephen cingel. Hard to believe the guy playing him is the same guy who played Bill Tench in Mindhunter.

Yeah KingSlayer has some good movies. Small Crimes is another good movie with him in the lead. Its on Netflix:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

What is Wu Assassins? I had heard the name but I thought it was one of those shows that's mad popular, set back in feudal China, where everyone has long hair and flowing robes. But the Fistful of Vengeance trailer is clearly not that.

It is set in modern day. About a guy chosen as the last Wu Assassin. I watched it when it was first released. I'll probably watch it again before watching the movie.

well that was 90 minutes of light-hearted joy and fun. 😁 Seriously though, a really tight little film that is very gritty. thankfully I can watch a couple of episodes of Floor is Lava for light relief. Speaking of which:

Floor is Lava : Teams compete to navigate rooms flooded with lava by leaping from chairs, hanging from curtains and swinging from chandeliers.

Watching people fall hurt themselves is always funny.

Yeah I like Floor Is Lava also. We have similar tastes. Only yesterday I was watching Ultimate Beastmaster. Its an international tougher version of Ninja Warrior presented by Terry Crewes. Teams from different countries battle it out. Way more people fall than make it anywhere really.

• Advertisement

The Dog Rescuers (2016) - Comedian Alan Davies teams with the RSPCA to execute daring dog rescues and give neglected and ailing canines some much-needed TLC.

Added

Coming to Netflix in March

N = Netflix original

March 1st

Alive (1993) – Biopic on a rugby team stranded after crash landing on a mountain. Starring Ethan Hawke.

Cujo (1983) – Classic horror where a St. Bernard contracts a disease which sets him on a tear through a small US town.

Hell on the Border (2019) – Western starring David Gyasi, Ron Perlman and Frank Grillo.

Her (2013) – Joaquin Pheonix stars in this romantic sci-fi movie where a writer develops a relationship with an operating system.

I Spit on Your Grave 2 (2013) – Horror thriller from director Steven R. Monroe.

Love Is Color Blind (2021) – Filipino rom-com.

The Master (2012) – Philip Seymour Hoffman and Joaquin Phoenix star in this Oscar-nominated movie from Paul Thomas Anderson.

Three Days of Condor (1975) – Classic mystery thriller from Paramount Pictures about a CIA researching finding all his coworkers deceased.

Save The Last Dance (2001) – Julia Stiles star in this musical romance movie about a midwestern girl moving to Chicago.

Spider-Man 2 (2004) – The second entry in the Tobey Maguire Spider-man movies joins the other two on Netflix UK.

The Guardians of Justice (Season 1) N – Adi Shankar presents this new animated series about a team of troubled superheroes.

United (2011) – David Tennant and Sam Claflin stars in this historical biopic on the true story of the Manchester United Busby Babes.

Worst Roommate Ever (Season 1) N – Blumhouse Television presents this 5-episode documentary series that delves into harrowing tales of nightmare roommates.

March 2nd

Against The Ice (2022) N – Nikolaj Coster-Waldau headlines this film based on a book that sees two men fighting to survive in the

Savage Rhythm (Season 1) N – A new Spanish-language musical series.

March 3rd

American Girl (2021) – Taiwanese drama.

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (Season 2) N – A more kids-focused animated series set in the He-Man universe.

Midnight at Pera Palace (Season 1) N – Turkish drama.

Power Rangers: Dino Fury (Season 2) – The new Power Rangers series arrives exclusively on Netflix.

Surviving Paradise: A Family Tale (2022) N – A new nature documentary narrated by Bridgerton’s Rege-Jean Page.

The Parisian Agency: Exclusive Properties (Season 2) N – French reality series.

The Weekend Away (2022) N – A weekend getaway to Croatia goes awry when a woman is accused of killing her best friend and her efforts to get to the truth uncover a painful secret.

Whindersoson Nunes: My Own Show! (2022) N – Stand-up special.

March 4th

Making Fun (Season 1) N – Jimmy DiResta presents this reality series where pointless inventions are born.

Lies and Deceit (Season 1) N – Spanish TV thriller about a literature teacher seeking justice against a surgeon.

Meskina (2022) N – Dutch romantic comedy.

Nightride (2021) N – Stephen Fingleton directs this thriller shot in a single take about a dealer trying to pull off one last job. Only Netflix UK is getting this movie as a Netflix Original.

Pieces of Her (Season 1) N – Toni Collette stars in this mystery crime series.

The Invisible Thread (2022) N – Italian LGBTQ movie about the son of two fathers making a documentary about his parents.

March 5th

August, Osage County (2013) – John Wells directs this ensemble comedy-drama.

March 6th

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel (2009) – Animated follow-up to the Alvin and the Chipmunk smash hit.

Rick and Morty (Season 5) – The latest season of the AdultSwim series following all-new adventures with Morty and is grandpa Rick.

March 8th

An Astrological Guide for Broken Hearts (Season 2) N – Italian romantic comedy.

Taylor Tomlinson: Look at You (2022) N – Second stand-up special from the American comic.

March 9th

Queer Eye: Germany (Season 1) N – A new international spin-off of the reality series.

The Andy Warhol Diaries (Limited Series) N – Docuseries on the famous artist.

The Bombardment (2022) N – Danish WW2 movie.

The Last Kingdom (Season 4) N – The final season of the former BBC series.

March 10th

Karma’s World (Season 2) N – Kids animated series produced by Ludacris.

Kotaro Lives Alone (Season 1) N – Japanese animated series based on the manga about a lonely boy moving into an apartment.

Surf’s Up 2: WaveMania (2016) – Animated comedy that features WWE Superstars, providing their own voices while matching up against talking animals.

March 11th

17 Again (2009) – Zac Efron stars in this comedy about a man getting relive his teen years again.

Formula 1: Drive to Survive (Season 4) N – The fourth installment of the docuseries that looks back at the drama of the 2021 F1 season.

Hail, Caesar! (2016) – The Coen brothers direct this comedy starring Josh Brolin, George Clooney, Scarlett Johansson, and lots of other recognizable faces.

Life After Death with Tyler Henry (Season 1) N – Reality series following a medium who helps connect people to their deceased loved ones.

Once Upon a Time… Happily Never After (Season 1) N – Spanish musical comedy.

The Adam Project (2022) N – Ryan Reynolds stars in this sci-fi family movie where he returns to the past to help himself save the future.

March 13th

IT: Chapter Two (2019) – The second entry of the Stephen King adaptation that’s set 27 years after their first encounter with Pennywise.

March 15th

Catherine Cohen: The Twist…? She’s Gorgeous. (2022) N – Stand-up special.

Marilyn’s Eyes (2022) N – Italy comedy movie.

Untouchable (2011) – Also known as The Intouchables, this biopic stars Omar Sy (Lupin).

Team Zenko Go (Season 1) N – New animated series from DreamWorks.

March 16th

Heist: The Great Robbery of Brazil’s Central Bank (Season 1) N – Brazillian docuseries about thieves in 2005 trying to steal 160 million reais.

Bad Vegan: Fame. Fraud. Fugitives. (Limited Series) N – After marrying a mysterious man who claimed he could make her dog immortal, a celebrated vegan restaurateur finds her life veering off the rails.

March 17th

Rescued by Ruby (2022) N – Based on a true story, this will see Arrow’s Grant Gustin play a state trooper who dreams of joining a K-9 rescue unit.

March 18th

Alessandro Cattelan: One Simple Question (Season 1) N – Variety talk show series.

Backpackers (2022) N – Spanish rom-com.

Black Crab (2022) N – Swedish action-thriller starring Noomi Rapace.

Cracow Monsters (Season 1) N – Fantasy drama from Poland.

Eternally Confused and Eager for Love (Season 1) N – Indian TV comedy.

Human Resources (Season 1) N – A new spin-off animated series based on the creatures seen in Big Mouth.

Light the Night (Part 3) N – Mandarin series.

Standing Up (Season 1) N – French comedy series about a group of friends trying to make it big in Paris.

Top Boy (Season 2) N – The second season of the Netflix revival of Top Boy finally arrives almost three years after the first dropped.

Windfall (2022) N – A new “Hitchcockian” thriller following a wealthy couple arriving at a holiday home that has been robbed. Jason Segel, Lily Collins, and Jesse Plemons star.

Without Saying Goodbye (2022) N – Spanish romantic comedy.

Young, Famous & Africa (Season 1) N – South African reality series.

March 24th

Love Like the Falling Petals (2022) N – Japanese drama.

March 25th

Bridgerton (Season 2) N – The long-awaited return of Bridgerton, Netflix’s biggest show to date.

Transformers: Botbots (Season 1) N – Animated series set in the Transformers universe.

March 28th

Thermae Romae Novae (Season 1) N – Anime comedy series about a Roman architect transported to modern-day Japan.

March 29th

Johnny Hallyday: Beyond Rock (Season 1) N – French docu-series.

Mighty Express (Season 6) N – Kids animated series.

March 31st

Super PupZ (Season 1) N – Talking dogs headline this new children’s comedy series.

Vikings: Valhalla (2022) Season 1 - The follow-up to History’s hit original series begins in the early 11th century and chronicles the legendary adventures of some of the most famous Vikings who ever lived – Leif Eriksson (Sam Corlett), his fiery and headstrong sister Freydis Eriksdotter (Frida Gustavsson) and the ambitious Nordic prince Harald Sigurdsson (Leo Suter).

Back to 15 (2022) Season 1 (Brazilian) - Unhappy with her life, 30-year-old Anita accidentally discovers a way to travel back to age 15. Can she rewrite her own history?.

Restless (2022) (French) - After going to extremes to cover up an accident, a corrupt cop's life spirals out of control when he starts receiving threats from a mysterious witness

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I watched the heartbreak kid last night, it’s a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Hi - how would folks here comment about The Witcher and Valhalla:Vikings please? We have been recommended both by friends and looking for reviews

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The new Texas chainsaw massacre is watchable....not particularly scary bar one of the main girls eyebrows...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Two episodes into All of Us are Dead, Korean, its okay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

Thanks for the list Peteeeed.

I'll have to give Alive another watch, such a powerful film.

Oh wow Bridgerton Series 2 is coming, I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement