Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

I watched the comedy Jimmy Carr his dark material. It was grand !!

Post edited by bertiebomber on

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Exactly...even comedians that were "cancelled" for pretty deplorable behaviour (not jokes) seem to be on the road to recovery e.g. Louis CK....even that scumbag Chris D'elia seems to be making a comeback.

I am struggling to think of anyone who was "cancelled" based on a joke they made

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Shouting about "cancel culture" is the new using "woke" as a derogatory term. Absolutely meaningless, it's just performative outrage about nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

They definitely weren't.. that was Bodega Bay in California. They weren't here at all.

Episodes set in Ireland were dreadful tbh.. show really is a shadow of it's former glory.

I dont think any comedian should be cancelled they should have absolute free speech to laugh at society thats their job. I made an observation about something i watched and that is what the thread is about. The pave point people want his shows in Dublin to be cancelled on the news today thats why i watched it he is not my fave comedian.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Free speech doesn't absolve you of the consequences of your words. Not that he's actually faced any consequences.

I must say though, I'm struggling to see how saying the genocide of a specific group of people is a bright side, is considered "laughing at society".

Lastly, this is a Netflix recommendations thread, not a "I Watched Something I Wouldn't Have Otherwise With The Specific Intention Of Getting Outraged About An Imaginary Problem I Heard About On FaceBook" thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Didn't realise even those scenes weren't shot here. Bizarre that the cast tried to sell that as Ireland on social media as well!

I guess they used that Danny de Vito lookalike they were looking for for a couple of cutaway shots :/

I am not outraged at all i am just an observer FFS

• Advertisement

I just edited my comment so stop with the attacks everyone attacks on this site .

Post edited by bertiebomber on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Right-o, I think that's enough of that particular tangent. Back on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I really liked The One I Love and that trailer has done a good job at piquing my interest in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭jj880

This looks good. Jesse Plemons gets a bum deal I think. Hes underated.

Be interesting to see how Lily Collins does in this. Havent seen much of her yet.

Edit: saw her in Inheritance with Simon Pegg but that movie wasnt great overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

On the It's Always Sunny posts.

They actually didn't come to Ireland.

See the wiki page and the production section, the part that looks like the Cliffs of Moher was actually Bogeda Bay. Even if you look closely at the pics they put on Instagram you can see the grass and the flora is not the same as you'd find here.

Also, go to 07:45 of this YouTube video, Rob McElhenney literally says they didn't go.

Also in the actual episodes of when they are supposed to be in streets in Ireland you can see it looks like awful green screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,867 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Same - stopped the trailer halfway as I was already sold.

The One I Love did such a brilliant job squeezing a lot of story and atmosphere out of 2 people in 1 location, and it looks like this has managed the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭joeguevara

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭joeguevara

• Advertisement

I thought as much when watching it , the cliff scenes looked nothing like the cliffs of moher

Plus, they have clearly never seen an actual bog

(Still love them though)

It's good auld Craic :)

jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy (2022) Season 1 - The lives of an emerging superstar and a filmmaker intertwine in this intense, intimate docuseries charting Kanye West's career, filmed over two decades

Secrets of Summer (2022) Season 1 (Spanish) - A remote Argentine resort revives its wakeboarding competition, drawing in Mexican athlete Steffi, who is determined to uncover a family secret

Happy Gilmore (1996) 

Hannibal (2001) 

The Bad Education Movie (2015) 

O Brother, where art thou? (2000)

Pitch Black (2000) 

Battleship (2012)

Wanderlust (2012) 

Last Man Down (2022) - In this dystopian action thriller, a global pandemic sends a special forces officer into hiding in the woods. A stranger pulls him back into danger..

added

this one could be great

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I literally cannot wait for it. My daughter got hooked on Formula 1 by watching earlier seasons of it. No interest prior to that.

I 'had to' get Sky Sports to watch the Grand Prixs as a result - last season's finish was simply the definition of EPIC !!

Even if you have no intereest in Any Sport - these type of shows really draw you in and this one should be an almighty cracker!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The finale of that Grand Prix wasn't fitting of anything sporting per se but they got the desired result, it was like the race director was in tandem directing for the show and this will be massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's strange they don't have Wu Assassins named in either the title or description of Fistful of Vengeance. I guess they don't want to put off anyone that hasn't seen the series.

Fistful of Vengeance (2022) - A revenge mission becomes a fight to save the world from an ancient threat when superpowered assassin Kai tracks a killer to Bangkok.

Forgive Us Our Trespasses (2022) - Targeted by Nazis as they hunt down and murder people with disabilities, a boy with a limb difference makes a daring decision while running for his life

Erax (2022) - Monstrous creatures leap from a magical storybook and unleash mayhem and mischief for Auntie Opal and her tween niece Nina in this spooky short film.

Heart Shot (2022) - In this short film, teenagers Nikki and Sam are in love and planning their future together -- until Nikki's dangerous past returns to threaten everything.

Mo Gilligan: There's Mo to Life - Mo Gilligan breaks down his days as a broke teenager, working in retail, relationship dynamics, annoying talk show producers and more in this special..

Keeping Up with the Kardashians (2015) Season 6

Young Wallander (2020) 2 Season 2 - When he personally witnesses a bizarre murder, rookie cop Kurt Wallander gets tapped to help investigate in this origin story of the popular character

Added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Looking forward to the Boeing documentary out tomorrow. Am fascinated by all things plane crash related.

Advertisement