Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭cosatron

Rodgers road to redemption is laid out in front of him with the 49ers and tampa in front of a full crowd in freezing condition. Can't wait. Go pack go

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭boccers

This year will make a great documentary if they do manage to go all the way!

Rodgers going from villain to hero, the last dance with devante, bakhtiari coming back, mercilues miracle comeback, cobb coming home, Rodgers toe, lefluer record, Campbell picked up off the street to becoming an all pro. Allot of drama there

Indeed, but from here on, as they say, they will be playing on the concrete.

Despite a great record they haven’t proved themselves as a team this year or perhaps last year

Now is the time to do it …all gas no brakes, it’s in their hands.

Thats the vital missing link they still have to find.

Go out and do it…….Jimmy G has a bad thumb, throwing in the cold could be an issue.

• Advertisement

Don't forget about Rasul Douglas. I think GB are his 4th or 5th team this year. Could make a doc just about his year to be honest!

No more than everyone, i didn't want to see the 49ers either, but lets be honest the cowboys were rubbish and still had a chance to win the game. We are not going to commit pre snap penalties and run a draw play. We will need to have long drives through AJ dillon and attack the boundary off play action as their secondary isn't great and the defence need to set the edges and go after Jimmy G.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Bosa, Kittle and Samuel are their only real threats in my opinion. Has there been any word on Bosa' injury? If he's out it's a massive boost for us. I assume he will be ok though.

If they do similar damage with Kittle to what Baltimore did with Andrews we could be in big trouble though.

Hopefully the time off has us coming in refreshed rather than off the the mark.

Kick off time is a killer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Bosa has a concussion and 'should' be ok, but with the 6 day turnaround you never know.

Warner and Garoppolo also nursing injuries, all 3 expected to be ready for Saturday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭threeball

I think you're right on SF. Can't see them having Jimmy G throwing very much. It will be a Deebo heavy, run game. Packers should win but they have been susceptible to the run as you said. If Bosa and Warner are back they have a chance. Pretty much zero without.

• Advertisement

Yea Jimmy G barely threw the ball in the NFC title game 2 years ago and they still walked it. 8 times was it? To be fair though the 49ers are not as good as they were then and the Packers are much better in my opinion. If we can get them into 3rd and long situations I think they are in big trouble.

The run defence didn't rank well this year but I think it has been better than recent years when everyone is healthy and I would be hoping it won't be the losing of the game.

This is the first year in a long time that I would be worried about needing a last second kick to not lose the game though so hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Also the NFL can **** off with their 1:20am GMT kick offs. Think I'll have to try sleep early and set an alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭threeball

I know, if they were really as interested in an international audience as they claim then even starting 90mins earlier would make it alot more manageable for most Europeans, especially the UK and Ireland. Big difference between a game starting at 12 and finishing at 3 and one starting at 1.30 and finishing at 4.30.

Even though I can watch on several platforms might be a game for Wayne Larrivee and Larry McCarron

Fohherking ads wear me out at that hour on the bosca.

Contain the edges, lads, contain the edges.

I'd say that on balance probably the worst thing about following the NFL is lying in bed at 2am watching games on American channels (possibly through nefarious means!) and having to sit through countless repeated ads for car insurance, fast food and whatever else.

WTMJ MILWAUKEE is your man , Wayne and Larry do a great job on the Packers Radio Network.

But with state farm anyone can take advantage of their great rates and get the new hun-die plug in hybrid, with $5 arbys beef brisket delivered straight to your door. Nobody out pizzas the hut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Blut2

I find the commercials are usually OK for the first quarter or so. I don't watch live tv in Ireland, and they're American anyway so a bit different, so they're a bit of a novelty.

Its seeing the same commercial for the 3rd or 5th time within a few hours by the 4th quarter that it becomes properly painful...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

What’s the story with keke?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

If you have the gamepass start watching the game about 45 mins late and you can skip through all (or most of) the ad breaks. You'll catch up to the live game towards the end of the 4th. I don't think I could sit through a live NFL game anymore - at least not while watching it by myself.

Special teams did for the Packers all season, and came back to haunt them eventually.

Blocked punt recovered and taken in for a TD was the final straw.

We cannot blame the D but lack of punch in the Redzone after the first drive was again evident.

Credit to the 9ers their D was awesome,

End of the road I think for this team in a lot of ways.

could have won, should have won, but most important, didn’t win.

Wow!!

• Advertisement

Just watched the game in 40. Such a disappointing end to the season. Started off the a flyer. Special teams as expected cost the game in the end. If it didn't happen against the 49ers it probably was going to happen against someone else.

That's two years now the Packers had home field advantage and it really counted for nothing.

Looks like the end of the road for Rodgers and the Packers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Shocking performance. That result REALLY pi56ed nme off. I have a severe dislike for teams and players that cruise through league or early phases of competitions only yo sh1t on it when the going gets tough in the knockouts, and that's what the Packers have become. A huge missed opportunity in a year with no outstanding team in the competition. You simply can't hand away 10 points in a tight game (punt block +missed FG) and expect to win. Defence did OK, especially getting to Jimmy G, but SF still dropped some easy catches in the first half for big yards, so it wasn't all good. Special teams, FFS, kicking has been poor all year, FGs and punts should be gimmes, and Crosby in particular has been poor for the second half of the season, and it hasn't been corrected.

Where to now, you guys will have a better idea than I, but I suspect a break up of this team. No SB coming in the next few years if they didn't compete this year, suspect the Love era may now begin, but a clear out across the squad and coaches may also follow. Too bad, a HUGE missed opportunity.

This teams finds new ways to break your heart every season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Blut2

The defense played their hearts out to be fair to them. 5 sacks, 1 interception, big stop on 4th and 1 in the 4th quarter, only giving up 6pts/two field goals the entire game... Thats Superbowl level performance.

Rodgers and the offense not scoring more than 10pts, in a home game in Lambeau was hugely underperforming though. And the special teams unit.... season destroyingly bad.

Rodgers is almost certainly gone now I'd say, Adams probably too. Lets hope the draft goes well and the rebuild down time is only a year or two.

Yes….. however while the ‘doubters’ got a lot of stick in the days leading to this game, as a paid up member of that fan base, we were proven right.

The signs were there all season, yes we won 13 games but we dominated nobody, not even close.

I cannot bring myself to watch the game in 40 but I think where the game was lost was with about 6mins to go Packers had the 9ers on a 3rd and 11. leading 10-3.

I said get a stop here and it will be almost game over, DONT LET IT GO TO KITTLE.

What happens?

It goes to Kittle for a gain of 16 and the rest is history.

Time for change, new blood, new voices, we may have to put up with a few lean years.

Thanks for the ride up to now ,lads

The biggest dissapointment for me, was Rodgers went away from what he did well all year, held onto the ball to long, didn't take what the defence was given him and locked onto Adams way to much and after the first drive he looked off. The myth of lambeau is truly busted now. Teams just don't fear us anymore.

Very disappointing game. For a long time the Packers have largely ignored the inside linebacker position and special teams. They luckily hit on Campbell this year and look at the difference he made. Special teams however has finally/yet again come back to bite them. They have been terrible for as long as I can remember including worst in the league this year so it was always likely to be a potential problem. I just dont understand teams putting such little emphasis on ST when it can be so important. The 49ers weren't great all year in ST either but then they put Deebo in to start the 2nd half and look what he does. 13 missed kicks this year is actually scandalous.

All that aside 3 points in over 50 minutes is pathetic for the offense. Rodgers was as poor as he has been in a long time and you'd have to think that unless he wins a few superbowls in the next few years that his legacy will always be tainted by his playoff failures.

Kind of felt like this was the year to do it and this could be the end for a lot of the main men there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭pedatron

Still fuming after that. Such a disappointing end to another good regular season. Unlike other teams, I feel like the Packers never managed to fix problems they had in the regular season, unlike the 49ers who are probably twice the team they were in the middle of the regular season.

Rodgers has given GB so much but he has sneaky awful stats in playoff football. 2 SBs in 30 years with 2 all-time HOF QBs is not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Will GB and Aaron Rodgers part ways?

Maybe they should, and keep Davante Adams?

• Advertisement

I'd say he is gone. Too many players need to be cleared out to bring them below the cap.

A few tough years ahead I'd say.

Advertisement