Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Bay Packers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Jesus, that QB for the Vikings looked massive!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

guess la fleur will have to weigh up the medical status of the players, but personally I’ll be telling 17 ‘ tough titty, we’ve bigger fish to fry so yer on a break’.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

The balancing act of keeping their eye in versus rest and not risking injury.

Another excellent season by the Pack, helped by a poor division at the moment.

Don't think they'll win the SB but would be brilliant to win NFC Championship game.

If there was some way to keep the band together for one last cut at it next year, try and draft a couple receivers.

Next season might be a last dance 😊😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Blut2

Adams is only 22 yards behind Jordy in the receiving yards record now, he'll easily get that next week.

I'd say they'll play most of the first string guys for one quarter to keep them in a game fresh mindset. 3 weeks out with the bye week is a lot. But give the back-ups the vast majority of snaps after that.

Though Rodgers mightn't play at all depending on his toe, 3 weeks off might be exactly whats needed for that to recover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭cosatron

Wash your mouth out, this team is destined for the lombardi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

I misread the numbers; hadn't included this week's game in his yards. I thought Jordy's record was further away!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭boccers

Anything I've read about the cap situation seems to mean that next year the band will definitely not be back together but if they can sort out Rodgers and Adams then maybe the most important parts can be. This is the year though and I don't see any team that you could say will definitely beat them in the playoffs especially in Lambeau. If they were somehow to get Jaire, Bahktiari, Turner, Myers and Smith back or even some of them I would see them as clear favourites. We've been there before though so my optimism will remain guarded.

Well today is the last of the regular season, Packers in Detroit in a game that will change nothing for them, unless of course they have an injury which will affect the playoffs.

My guess is that they will start the ‘starters’ for the first few drives and then bring in the backups.

I wouldn’t be concerned about next years draft.. I’d be much more concerned about business at hand - winning SB.

That should be the outstanding priority as they fought long and hard to get the prime position of #1 seed.

There will be plenty time to discuss the draft when this campaign is concluded.

First up and most important ….go on to LA and come back with the trophy.

Has to be Superbowl or bust at this stage. Anything short of going to SoFi and the season is a bust to me.

The game tonight is pretty irrelevant, but I'd like to see Jordan Love have a decent game to give me any confidence for the future. If it wasn't a 6pm game, I doubt I'd even watch it.

• Advertisement

I'm looking forward to seeing Love get some gametime this evening. Will be interesting to see how hes progressed.

Hopefully hes a bit more relaxed playing in a no pressure game instead of against the Chiefs.

Not a good end to the season, Lions just were looser and made the plays that mattered.

Packers caught by three trick plays, defence never really got to Goff.

Dissapointed by the lack of depth from the packers …but… difficult kind of game.

Lets hope they can produce when needed…..BUT forget about fokking two point conversion tries.

hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭threeball

Not a great way to head in to the playoffs. A bad loss to a divisional rival who was the 2nd worst team in the league.

They look like they could beat anyone or lose to anyone over the last few weeks.

Resisting the urge to go down the reactionary, "Love isn't the answer" route, but after years of such a safe pair of hands in AR12, it is going to take some serious adaptation for us afterwards. Hopefully the coaches are seeing something on the practice field that we just haven't on the pitch yet, but there seems to be some serious gaps in the fundamentals and questionable footwork going on.

To get an value from Love they really have to be playing him under his rookie contract so if Rodgers gets extended, which I expect to happen, I think Love will be shipped out. It obviously doesn't help him when he's throwing to ESB and Winfree instead of Adams, Lazard etc.

Anyway thats another day's business. Hopefully that's the last we see of Love this season anyway. Great to see Bahktiari and Myers back and if Turner comes back we will be only missing Jenkins which would be great considering where we were a few weeks ago.

I would be quite optimistic for the playoffs(unless, as Brendan says, a 2 point conversion is needed at some point!) and don't think there are any other standout teams in general but as we know too well the playoffs are a different animal. The crowd and hopefully cold in Lambeau will be a big difference to last year. Hard to know who I'd rather play. I don't think any of them would strike more fear into the heart of the Packers than any other. Maybe the 49ers for historical reasons.

wouldn’t like the Cowboys right now, seem to be on form.

Bit disappointed with the loss and the somewhat inept performance of the D, but I suppose thinking about it- meaningless game for the Pack, playoffs coming up, #1 seed , second stringers for most of the game, avoiding injury was the biggest concern.

Playoffs will be different ,I’m sure of that.

One player I would like to see back is Randall Cobb…very reliable slot receiver usually good for a TD or two.

They do need another receiver and last night proved it ….. especially ESB…. the nearly man. Gets close to a lot of good plays but usually let’s the ball go thru his hands…doubt if he will last another season in Lambeau.

After 17 and 13 the picking are fairly slim…..would the Lions swap the two St Brown brothers….. not a freaking chance!

Jez ye guys are a pessimistic bunch. the main goal of the lions game was to get Davante the record, bahktiairi and Meyers game time and no more injuries and all of the above was achieved so move on. Looking forward i don't fear anyone, all playoff teams are there own problems including ourselves. If we play our best ball for 60mins which we have seen glimpses of all season, we will get to the superbowl.

Don't think I'd read too much into that game, it was pretty clear the main objective for most of the star players was "don't get hurt". It was basically a pre-season game.

Love didn't look awful, but still an absolutely massive step down from Rodgers playing at his current level. It'll be hard to justify starting Love in September 2022 and not working out something with Rodgers...

according to rappaport big Z is back for the playoffs aswell.

It seems almost too perfect that the best team in the regular season will now be getting back an all pro left tackle, all pro cornerback and all pro pass rusher for the playoffs along with their starting center, possibly starting right tackle and starting slot receiver. I agree with cosatron that the Superbowl is calling if they play anywhere near their potential.

On a side note, maybe they don't get there but if they get to the Superbowl apparently Rodgers immunity from Covid testing ends the week after the NFC Championship game. Would be just typical but if it happened I'd be hoping for some kind of massive NFL cover up to make sure the star QB doesn't miss the biggest game of the year!

• Advertisement

Let’s not count our chickens, b,lot of tough teams in the NFC Conference.

I'm not don't worry we've been stung enough in the past to know that but things are definitely looking good!

Indeed, you are correct.

Certainly if Z and Bak and JAire and the Center dude all come back totally healthy + maybe William Turner, Randal Cobb on paper that team would be unbeatable, one would feel………if they played to their full potential……at Lambeau…..in the cold.

Could be a long time before they have the stars lined up as good as this season.

A lot of buckets need to be emptied ……

Yea I agree again. The stars really seem to lining up but I think the past has made us ultra cautious! I even saw today that Whitney Mercilus is back from what they thought was a season ending injury. He was by all accounts playing very well before his injury.

This team, especially the defence, looks superior to last year's version and even if just Rasul Douglas was added to last years team they likely would have gone to the Superbowl.

We've seen it before almost every year where a high ranked team is one and done in the playoffs but I don't think this Green Bay team is one to get ahead of themselves. I think above all Rodgers knows how difficult it is to get to a Superbowl and legacy wise he definitely has a lot on the line this year.

Yes and another ‘plus’ is the Packers running game, I was very impressed with Patrick Taylor as a #3 player at RB.

Given the January weather I feel that games will be won on the ground and Jones ,Dillon and Taylor are the strongest trio I can name.

Just don’t self-destruct boys!

Yea I think anyone that was complaining about them reaching for Dillon in the draft has been proved wrong. He is absolutely made for Green Bay weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

So, the 49ers come to Lambeau next week.

Only saw Highlights if yesterday's game, but from what I saw it was as much about Dallas losing it as SF winning it. Regardless of the last play, they gave up so many dumb penalties, way too many to expect to win a playoff game.

Nothing for the Pack to fear.

Yes, I was quite surprised with the Niners win over Dallas.

I would have no real fears of them coming to Lambeau Field.

would be great if TB got dumped out before the Conference game assuming the Packers get there.

Pity the game is on around 0115 on Sat.

Go Packers.

The 49ers run game is strong (and we know all about the Packers run defense..), so they won't be a walkover, they'll definitely get points on the board.

Garoppolo is a liability at this sharp end of the season though, hes not up to it. I'd much rather be facing him than Dak, Dak on a good day can still tear teams up. If it wasn't for a huge number of needless penalties (so many pre-snap...) Dallas would have won yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

0115 on Sunday, Bren.

Advertisement