Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Nah, NPHET were fully behind today's reopening and they never cared what was happening on the other side of the Irish sea

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Don't hold me to this but i think they usually apply for a few weeks at a time and what they applied for back in October, or maybe even February 2020 can be used now

2 night clubs I used to frequent have Facebook updates saying they're back tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

America sniffles, England gets a cold and Ireland gets a flu. Always has been this way, and pretty much always will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Optional - perhaps, with a hefty side serving of coercion.

• Advertisement

That one might be a while. It's hard to know. It might end up being that certain countries that make it a mandatory criteria for arrival. It should eventually disappear everywhere though.

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

The nation and boards mods gave a collective sigh of relief today as restrictions were finally relaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭dockysher

covid started with a bat out of hell and ended with a bat out of hell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Mecanudo

Relaxation of Restrictions?

Restrictions Relaxed!

Thread closed! 😁

• Advertisement

Open the pubs!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,576 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Almost. If we get to the end of next month and they've removed the requirement for masks in schools and retail/public transport, THEN it'll be over.

As I said last night, it's fantastic that everything else has now been done away with, but I'm surprised that so many seem to be willing to accept this last lingering measure on themselves and their kids as the price for the return of rights (not privileges) they should have had returned a lot sooner anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭PalLimerick

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

Just two days ago Pat Kenny was talking to some lady about how bride and grooms organising weddings could deal with unvaccinated guests.

He was saying that because they wouldn't be able to guarantee the safety of the unvaccinated people they should consider not inviting them or really try to persuade them to get vaccinated.

Can you imagine being so condescending to somebody? Pat them on top of their head and tell them you're not inviting them to your wedding because you're worried about their safety? The guest he had on agreed, and with a chuckle said that if the unvaccinated person got covid at the wedding it wouldn't just be the sniffles, they would get it hard because they weren't protected.

Oh yeah? Well what do you have to say now Pat and lady guest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Just had a scroll on your one Orla Hegarty’s twitter, good lord she’s unhinged!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Don't feed the statistics by visiting her profile.

Best to stay away from that kind of mindless trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

So what is the craic with masks? I see in the media it's reported that they remain in crowded indoor settings until end of February.

I got rid of the masks I had yesterday. Done wearing them as they make zero sense now. Especially as peolle don't actually wear them properly. I went to the library this morning and was surprised that pretty much anyone else in there didn't have a mask on either. And nobody said anything. Security guard who usually had one on even had it off. As did some of the staff.

So if the language is crowded indoor setting. Does this mean it wouldn't apply when not crowded? Just curious more so than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,021 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

@Neamhshuntasach

Technically people should still wear them in the library but I do believe some people will start moving away from them from now. I think they'll be kept in a pocket and put on if asked.

Retail settings and schools still require them until Feb 28th when they'll be reviewed. The (flimsy) excuse being that vulnerable people don't have the option not to shop for food etc but can avoid pubs if needed.

Whether a library, bank, barbers etc counts as retail is debatable especially as some of these were closed as "non-essential" at times over the last year.

I'd imagine/hope they'll start to disappear from everywhere but the likes of Dunnes and Tesco from next week, and probably start to disappear there too (it's already been slowly happening) until everyone just ignores it altogether.

It makes no sense though - stand in the pub/coffee shop unmasked for as long as you like and a lot closer to others, but put one on to do the shopping?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

So is it the case mask are officially not required entering and exiting hospitality settings now?

Post edited by daydorunrun on

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭VG31

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

I checked the regulations last night, and even though cinemas were subjected to the 8pm hospitality curfew, they are now classed as "retail" and require masks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Anyone know why the pandemic is over in Ireland yet on the continent restrictions are are as bad as ever with some countries still insisting on mandatory vaccinations.

I spoke with someone in France on the phone last night and it’s as bad as ever there, how are we different?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Just back from the shops. Went in unmasked. Don't give a toss anymore to be honest. I won't be putting one back on ever again.

Haven't been to the shops yet today. Many others doing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭hamburgham

The government will be forever grateful to Omicron. They had dug themselves into such a hole they just couldn’t get out. So when Omicron came, they grabbed it for all it was worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Advertisement