Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,545 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭reclose

Just watched that AJ interview. It’s like he’s concussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Also on Youtube there is a video segment of a full interview that John Fury done recently, if you search "John Fury's brutal honesty on Anthony Joshua, is AJ finished?"

I think he makes a few god points but doubt Joshua and his team would listen to anyone tbh.

Its mad isn't it , was he drunk or high ?

He literally would say something & contradict it in the next sentence,

Strange how Eddie & Warren are also talking on camera about Fury & Usyk

AJ may have very well just gone off the rails a bit mentally & his team don't think he will be in ready in time, So they have decided to play it safe & smart and dodge the fight,

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

That true Geordie Xtra video is hilarious in his breakdown of AJs latest video. Pulls it apart.

Joshua surely cannot be seriously considering stepping aside? Clearly hoping Fury wins and wants to jump in against him for the big payday.

That latest interview with IFL is some of the best unintentional comedy you would ever see, how his "team" allow him near a microphone is just beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Mo God who the hell is letting Joshua speak without a script it’s like a comedy sketch. Has his media team that guided him so well for a decade all been sacked instead of Rob? That is horrendous. Contrast that with the interview Fury did on IFL all off the cuff, funny and bullsh1t not blatently obvious. That dung about praying if the plane is going down. He’s made a cod of himself. I really hope he fights Fury just so that Fury can brutalise him about that nonsense in the build up. Bizarre. Actually becoming worrying.

I just watched that video now. I’d never heard of him before. He’s bang on the money in my opinion.

So the WBC has ordered Fury to fight Whyte next

I wonder what Heran think means AJ will have to figh Uysk he cant make uo the step aside money excuse

Throws a spanner in the works for AJ and Hearn

Very intriguing how it turns out

What’s your prediction? The two fights are bound to go ahead Joshua vs Usyk and Fury vs Whyte

Im convinced somethings going on with AJ ill be surprised to see him fight by March /April he looks all over the shop and how all of a sudden stepping aside is a option somethings going on there,

Fury will beat Whyte in 8 or 9

Honestly i cant aee both fights happing that easy,

If Fury v Usyk can happen i think the WBC will allow Fury to take the fight

• Advertisement

Intresting to see Joseph Parker and his ex coach Kevin Barry have recently said Whyte wouldnt stand a chance in there with Fury, SId the levele where much different, Basically even implying he(Parker) wasnt on Furys leve

Had a look at that interview I didn’t think he said a lot about the Whyte Fury fight. Maybe there’s more? Barry wasn’t on the one I saw. I don’t think anyone has a chance against a properly prepared and motivated Fury but he can be lax, can be put down by glancing shots so could be taken out if hit clean. Whyte is a big enough lump to deliver that hit. It’s an exciting fight, particularly if that fight were made before the undisputed one.

You would have to imagine AJ is looking for a sellable or palatable way to avoid fighting Usyk again.

He will want to cash out against Fury and still make a massive purse. The inevitable loss against Usyk would leave that in tatters.

I was looking forward to the mental gymnastics AJ would put forward to explain the logic of avoiding it, but looks like it's already started.

He’s talking himself up as the best business man. If his step aside money plus a crack at Fury or Usyk whomever emerges victorious and his money for that outweighs his purse for the rematch then it does make business sense, but only if he doesn’t fancy himself to beat Usyk.

He talks about it not being about money, it's about respect.

You have to avenge your losses if you want respect, simple

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well another loss destroys the AJ Vs Fury massive payday for both. If he steps aside and Fury takes out Usyk then they've salvaged the big money fight. If AJ goes in again and loses to Usyk then the big money is gone.

Something is up with AJ , he clearly thought twice about a rematch straight away & now he might have no choice, Terrible mindset going into a fight like that ,

He still hasn't found a new coach and if he is fighting April he needs to get things in place very quickly ,

Would the WBC let Fury skip Whyte if the undisputed fight is possible ?

Is Whyte still under Hearn ? Hearn will want to do what's best for AJ not Whyte cause obviously AJ brings him more cash, , so he could be stuck here ,

Yes but surely AJ cannot demand top billing and £££ that he always gets, if he gets the Fury fight having stepped aside to allow him to face Usyk? It just looks so bad.

Good businessman? He just looks like he knows he cannot beat Usyk.

Let's separate the wheat from the chaff and get Fury and Usyk in the ring.

Fury would dance around Whyte and Joshua doesn't have the skill nor mental fortitude to beat Usyk.

Yes but AJ has the leverage of having the re-match contract ,

The undisputed fight does not happen next without his say ,

AJ will says to Fury & Usyk ok I'll step aside but i get 50/50 spilt to fight the winner,

If the two lads really want the undisputed fight next they take it ,if not AJ fights Usyk

Remember AJ still brings massive money to table & taking 50/50 against him will make you more money than fights anyone else ,

On the other hand if AJ fights Usyk again & loses he has no leverage and is now the B side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I'd fancy Joshua to take Usyk next time.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 54,686 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He has to KO him....

I would be confident we'll get a more aggressive and better and better prepared Usyk, now that he knows what it's like to fight a big AJ

Usyk could get the KO

Joshua won’t win a fair points decision so he will have to really go for the KO. In doing so he opens up the risk of Usyk tagging him even easier and if his tendency to panic when hit clean continues then every chance he will be stopped himself, possibly on his feet. Of all the times he’s been knocked down he’s been shocked with a hit and then gradually tumbled to the canvass, losing his senses. I could see him stopped on his feet with the referee stepping in. That would look awful. I think the worst possible scenario for him, however, is repeat where he gets gradually broken down without really going for it.

A lad i quite known well is currently on Furys home coming tour with him

Absolutely sureal to see his social media & him hanging around with Tyson & John for the last 2 weeks, some experience id imagine to be with the Heavy Weight champion of the world day in day out,

For sure! It seemS like Fury is just always “on” too so there’d never be a dull moment. Id love a couple of hours just kicking back with John. He’d have some stories away from the cameras.

John gouged someone’s eyeball out. I don’t know the details but sounds like a fairly scumbag thing to do.

I wouldn’t have any time for someone like that.

I thought the fella lost an ear? Hard to know the whole context of it but yea it’s definitely not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,686 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Scumbags in sport are generally adored. Look at Mike Tyson.

A convicted rapist..adored by many. Bit lumps out of a man’s ear when things weren’t going his way.

Before anyone jumps in: for me a great fighter. But a scummy person

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is it the impressionist Al Foran? Thought the impressions were class.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

It is actually i know him through his family ,His a really nice guy

Advertisement