Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,482 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

That's simply not true though.

Myocarditis is common for infections with many virus including the common cold. Most people don't realise they have had it unless they went for a test.

The majority of cases of vaccine induced myocarditis have been mild and easily treated.

Sars-COV2 also causes myocarditis with a much higher chance of severe myocarditis.

That's a bet you would lose, the odds (risk/benefit of vaccines vs. virus) are not in your favour.

Vaccines should remain entirely optional for children but quit the scaremongering.

An everyone knows likes and retweet’s on Twitter are the true arbiter of objective truth.

By the way masks in primary schools and testing for travel are not things I agree with

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Today is certainly a low point in our management of this pandemics.

Our young have silently endured so much, and now we point the finger squarely at them. This is beyond cruel and completely disproportionate.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Part of the problem is that while Tony is sitting on his pedestal lecturing to parents about what we should and shouldn't do, he completely fails to recognise or acknowledge the fact that the same parents cannot access PCR tests, or,in many cases, basic GP care, for their kids.In the same medical system that he is CMO of, when he is not busy with his NPHET blinkers on, only advising on covid.

Kind of takes away from whatever he is trying to say there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,510 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

@bettyoleary taking a holiday from the Covid forum for posting while threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭growleaves

I disgree. I think following restrictions helps to "bring on restrictions" - politically, not medically. Most people don't understand how autocratic societies work and think that if they do what they're told they'll be "rewarded" with freedom, which never happens.

Its in countries like Serbia, Georgia and some of the US red states where people won't follow restrictions that restrictions fall by the wayside (in practice, if not in law).

The most compliant countries, like Ireland and Scotland, are the ones where restrictions will linger for a long, long time.

The medical effect of things like social distancing is unknown. There were a few obscure studies modelled on influenza pandemics before 2020, then SD was 'rolled out' to the whole world via WHO and national governments. Almost from the moment it was accepted politically by the masses it was assumed to work due to the simple cause-and-effect logic ('Its not rocket science guys!') and defended with intense and fierce loyalty beyond reason. The actual effect of it is unknown/unproven still.

Same with many of the restrictions. I asked someone on this thread for a comparison pre-cert and post-cert rates of infection and they took their ball and went home. Even before vaccination we had rates of infection in certain settings and they were miniscule, I remember gyms in particular were tiny. There isn't even faint evidence that certs do a thing, there's just nothing. We get layered extrapolations of hypotheticals in lieu of hard evidence from posters who maybe don't understand the difference.

Its always been the case that the "efficacy" of the restrictions has been unknown and a mish-mash of different measures are taken in toto and defended as one - even though its possible for instance that one meaures works and another doesn't. But they are all handed down from on high which is what connects them.

I don't think using phrases like "beyond cruel" helps your cause that much, what is the scale of "cruel" that this has now gone beyond?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

children will be refused an education without a mask

children are asked not to play with other children

Do people actually hear what’s coming out of their mouths?

its **** insanity

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Bumpstop

If That Geert Vanden Bossche chap is correct, and he seems quite convincing, we're screwed.

It's a long interview, you need to be sitting comfortably, but it's worth the time.

The one thing that stands out in all this to me is, no one is allowed question the narrative.

People who do question are being shunned and silenced, why is this.

It's a scientific thing which is driven by finding answers and then questioning them.

Turning them upside down inside out, and seeing if they hold up.

One part of his theory is, it's a big flaw is using a vaccine that allows transmission during the pandemic.

Anyway worth a listen, time will prove if he is right, and maybe it already is!

Here's a link to it. EPISODE 242: THE VANDEN BOSSCHE INTERVIEW - The HighWire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

It’s just their turn to be the bogeymen to distract the simpletons from the failings above.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

OK, I’ll retract that and just describe it as plain cruel then.

It will cause upset for children, they’ll struggle to wear them and will be uncomfortable. Remember they’re also restricted to pods and the windows are open, even in cold weather. They also have to go on regular ventilations breaks.

This is all just a precursor to what’s coming. Pressure on parents to vaccinate 5+ year olds.

All because young children are the new bogey men in this pandemic and this country has an obsession with case numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

They are been asked in public but told and enforced in private. And people see nothing wrong with that.

again it’s not the mask wearing that’s the problem it’s the way it’s been enforced along with all the other mandatory things been brought in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

I don't think the incidence rate in kids 5-12 have ever been as high as it is now.

I wonder if you can spot where they stopped close contact testing in schools.

They could have at least seen if antigen testing in schools helps reduce cases in schools before mandating masks ffs.

The fear of antigen tests has been odd, you'd expect a big decrease in those young numbers if they were being used here.

OTOH, we're less restricted than other parts of Europe right now and our death rate remains low, so maybe it has "worked" even if it seems counter intuitive, but still odd.

Open in August, antigen testing to replace close contact tracing and we'd be in a better place (captain hindsight for the win), but hopefully we can get opened properly in Spring time and stay open (omicron effects not withstanding).

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The used car salesman on Prime Time now trying to justify this lunacy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Blut2

This is wildly statistically incorrect, as usual with your claims.

"The risk of 12-15 year old healthy boys experiencing cardiac adverse events such as myocarditis after their second dose of the Pfizer and BioNTech vaccine is around four times adolescents’ risk of being admitted to hospital as a result of infection with SARS-CoV-2."

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.30.21262866v1

And thats in teenage boys - nevermind even younger children.

In addition, there have been a total of 7 (not a typo) deaths of people under 25 from covid in Ireland over the last two years. 6 of whom had a serious underlying health issue. The risk of death from covid really is essentially zero to children. M_Murphy57 is right in his risk assessment.

The only reason the new vaccination push for children is being pushed is because the vaccines aren't working as well as was promised on reducing spread in adults. The government is desperate to do anything to reduce the case count, immediately. They're prioritizing reducing the number of cases in old people even very slightly over the long term health of children.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Myocarditis is not a mild - inflammation of the heart is never a ‘mild’ condition no matter what way you try and dress it up. Yourself @astrofool and @[Deleted User] have truly lost the plot. Imagine trying to pretend myocarditis is ‘mild’ now to prove a point.

Whatever happened to « That which does not kill me can only make me stronger. » ?

You do realise there is a difference between an adverse event (e.g. mild myocarditis, sore arm, headache) and hospitalisation?

There was a step by step explanation of myocarditis posted just a little while ago explaining all this in simple words. All virus can cause myocarditis, SARS-COV2 has a higher rate of myocarditis with more severe symptoms than the vaccines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Super mild alright

The Myocarditis Treatment Trial reported mortality rates for biopsy-verified myocarditis of 20% and 56% at 1 year and 4.3 years, respectively.6 These outcomes are similar to the Mayo Clinic’s observational data of 5-year survival rates that approximate 50%.4 Survival with giant cell myocarditis is substantially lower, with <20% of patients surviving 5 years70 

The fact is, there hasn't been enough time for the people diagnosed with covid vaccine related myocarditis to know what the long term effects are. That's enough of a reason to hold off on injecting kids imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I'm not finding too many voices like that these days. I used to. But the support is waning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Blut2

"Adverse cardiac events such as myocarditis" are what is defined in the study, not "mild", not "headaches", not "sore arms". Thats entirely your own incorrect interpretation and attempt to play down the seriousness of the effects.

In addition, at over 400% the risk from the vaccine vs from covid itself, as the study shows, it also means that even if only the top 1/4 most severe cases of adverse effects were included the risks from the vaccine would still be higher than from covid for teenagers.

And, again, thats for teenagers. Younger children are at even less risk from the virus, and even more risk from the vaccine.

Its pretty mind boggling that you immediately shift from claiming "the vaccines are lower risk than the virus" to "oh well the side effects from the vaccines aren't that serious". You just can't admit fault, or go against the government line, even when presented with verified statistics that completely disagree with the argument you're making.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭growleaves

And shur isn't it out there seeking the unvaccinated

That's what Niall Collins told us anyway

And posted again just in case some missed it:

Myocarditis - causes, symptoms & treatments | British Heart Foundation (bhf.org.uk)

Myocarditis is inflammation of the myocardium - the heart muscle. Most people with myocarditis recover without any complications but in rare cases when inflammation is severe, there can be damage to the heart.

Typically caused by:

• a viral, bacterial or fungal infection
    • a chest infection
    • an auto immune disease (when your own immune system attacks your body).

Go and look up the adverse events lists from the trials!

Such an appalling double standard

I'd actually love to see the UK pull the rug from under our shower of arrogant idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

myocardities-whatever --> Vaccination thread?

(its boring too)

• Advertisement

I'm at the most despondent that I've ever been.

I don't recognise this country anymore

Post edited by lawred2 on

Advertisement