Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Nope. Insane that DPD can get away with, literally, outright theft.

Nine months later, I got this by email yesterday:

"DPD Ireland apologises for the time it is taking to refund to you your balance held by us on your DPD Parcel Wizard account. Normally, refunds are credited back through the customer's Paypal or Credit Card account and this is what we have done in a high number of cases. Unfortunately, there is a time window within which this is allowed, and in this case, the time has elapsed. To allow us to refund you, we ask that you please provide us with your bank account details - BIC and IBAN. We ask you to please email john.mcneill@dpd.ie with your details. We will refund directly into your bank account. 

Again, DPD Ireland offers our sincerest apologies for the delay in processing your refund. "

" this is what we have done in a high number of cases" - an outright lie I suspect, given that not a word was heard from them after Paypal's six month claim expired.

"please provide us with your bank account details - BIC and IBAN" - are they for real?! They want us to send bank details to them by email - are they Nigerian princes in disguise?!

What happened to the "gift cards" for unknown retailers?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

There is no risk sending you IBAN and BIC by email. You could put them on a billboard without any risk. All people can do with your IBAN is send you money.

It's common in some European countries like Germany for businesses to have their bank details listed on their website.

I get that it should be fine; it just seems very unprofessional for what is a large business..... especially one that has my PayPal details!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jc500

After paying Customs duty/vat 3 weeks ago. 10 phone calls. Promises that it was now sorted. Now a text saying cancelled OFD. What on earth does that mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭tphase

Seems the DPD depot in Galway closed on Monday, franchisee just shut up shop . As a result, DPD deliveries in Galway are being managed by the Athlone hub and there are lots of delays

I had a package due yesterday, delivery window was 8am to 6pm so I stayed at home. Got a message at 1230 that delivery was delayed and I'd get a message an hour in advance on the day of delivery.....but no indication of what day that was. Called DPD depot and was told it might be delivered tomorrow or Sunday - great

Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭micks_address

anyone having issues paying import vat on items with dpd? I got an email Monday saying import due on an item but when i click on the link i get a consignment error. Phoned them Monday and they said they had system issues... and to try again later... tried tuesday/wednesday and this morning and the link keeps timing out... they send me a text/email each morning but its not working... has worked on other items before with no issues..

tried phoning them and there's a message on their system about ongoing payments issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭tiegan

DPD have posted the following a couple of times today - "Unfortunately, we are still experiencing an issue with our payment links. IT are aware and are actively pursuing an immediate resolution. We hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. We will update you when we have further information. We offer our apologies for any inconvenience. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Team DPD Ireland."

yeah got sorted thursday, paid and delivered Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Does anyone know what I can do ? DPD say that they have tried to deliver but can't find my address. They asked for an Eircode, I am pretty sure the supplier gave it, but I also gave them the Eircode. They said that they tried to deliver on Saturday but no one arrived here. They said that they would try again today & no one turned up. Is there a way to contact them without waiting in a phone queue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

I don't know if this is more to do with DPD or Ikea but I'm annoyed with both today. I wanted my Ikea parcel delivery date not to clash with some important appointments I have today so I chose Friday. Well... Yesterday evening they (Parcel Wizard) sent me an email that the parcel has been picked up by DPD and will be delivered on Wednesday. 😑 No tracking code, later received a text message saying it will arrive some time during the day and a link to reschedule. Yeah, could do that but from past experience I know that doesn't work. I've rescheduled my deliveries with them before only to find that they delivered them on the original date anyway.

Just now I received another message saying the parcel is in a van and arriving today, like it or not. When, who knows. I don't have time to sit around and wait so we'll see how this goes. Have another family member here too but not sure they can hear the door because of work calls all day and our delivery guy is notoriously sneaky with his deliveries, never knocking (Actually, he's done worse and was reprimanded and moved elsewhere but there he is again, delivering our parcels unfortunately).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,329 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Online tracking says 'failed delivery' from DPD, even though I was home. Nobody came. Phone number did not ring or anything either

Grrrr.

I got the same. Are you anywhere near Galway as there are big problems ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,329 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Yep, Galway too. Athlone is now the nearest hub.

Package arrived today after I got on to webchat. I guess they don't have the staff to cover the region/wait till they have enough deliveries for a certain neighbourhood. Suggest choose pick-up point for next delivery (Centra, Spar, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭glitterIsland

Oh my goodness,

I'm waiting on an important package with important items needed for this weekend. In all fairness I should have ordered them last week or before now but I didn't get around to doing it til Monday night. I was hoping they would be here by the weekend.

I am hoping they will be delivered tomorrow but reading the last few posts it's looking unlikely. I'm in Galway too. The package is in Kildare. The tracking says 'parcel disrupted due to service delay....... you will receive a 1 hour delivery window'.

The parcel has been with dpd since Tuesday and in transit since Wednesday.

What are the chances this will be delivered tomorrow? I really need it tomorrow.

There was a range of shipping choices at checkout so I picked DPD because they were always reliable. There was an express fastway option (puke), now I'm thinking that could have been my best best after all.

Just checked tracking information on my package and it still shows it being in Kildare.

I'm probably not going to get it today, am I the fact it hasn't reached Athlone, am I?

I don't know what to do. I need it for the weekend.

Just after checking some older online orders with dpd delivery and orders were usually with me in about 1 to 2 days. So this is so disappointing how my order is caught up in the Kildare depot with no movement since Tuesday.

I don't have a delivery text either. They usually send them out early in the day. This package was supposed to be delivered to me by the 1st of December.

I never had any trouble with Dpd before. They were always fantastic. I wasn't able to find fault with them. The drivers for my area were all fantastic. In comparison to Fastway they were always brilliant.

I'm so disappointed in dpd now. Its so strange. I had a parcel enter into the dpd network earlier in the week and it was delivered to me on Wednesday and that was in a day.

Yet, here I am with an important parcel with items much needed, and it's been sitting in a depot since Wednesday. It didn't even move to the Athlone depot. Its mad.

I'm so disappointed.

A DPD driver told me that there is a "mountain" of packages & delays for Galway.

• Advertisement

I made an online order on the 22nd of November. The website stated to allow up to 7 working days for delivery. This is the end of the 13th working day and still no delivery. Actually its the end of the 14th day because I made the order early in the morning.

I'm just after seeking a refund from the shop that I ordered from.

I was never able to find a fault with dpd before and I don't want to judge them badly but its such a pity they are now going downhill like those cowboys fastway. Dpd were always superior but this?

Has anyone had problems with parcels from UK to Ireland via DPD recently? Asking because DPD returned my order back to the shop in UK. It's not even a case of arriving in Ireland and encountering problems with the delivery here, the same day it was sent out it was listed as "delayed" on their tracking (DPD Ireland never even found the parcel with the tracking number) and the very next day the status updated to "being returned". Now the shop is acting like I returned the order even when it's clear the parcel never even crossed the border. Just wondering what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Anyone clarify that "cancelled OFD scan" status? So its either out for delivery or not out for delivery.

I have some packages stuck with dpd. I got some test messages this week to say that x package is due for delivery. 'Mr Bob' from DPD will deliver your package today between x and x time.

All of these messages have been followed up with your delivery for today is delayed and no update since.

I have a package that went into the dpd network earlier this week. I have other packages still waiting to be delivered where ever the f*ck they are gone to. What are chances that I will get some of these packages before Christmas. Some of them are Christmas presents.

Has Galway depot been sorted yet? Did they open a new depot? Why did they close? Was it because of covid?

WTH is going on with DPD?! For the second time in a week they've returned my order to UK without ever contacting me. I have no way of knowing whether that order ever reached Ireland even because their tracking only shows "delayed" first and then "being returned". I've given my full address, phone number, gate code, everything that should be needed to get the parcel here. No. Good luck getting shops to switch their courier service into something else... I am so frustrated right now!

The thing that really annoys me that I'm given no reason for the failed delivery. The tracking code only works on DPD UK site. Does that mean it never reached Ireland? I mean surely they'd assign a working code if it had? The irony here is that I actually saw DPD today because they drove through the gate and delivered a parcel to my neighbour. But nothing for me.

And this is in Dublin.

Post edited by ShayNanigan on

DPD delivered another parcel to the neighbourhood... imagine my frustration.

I contacted the store again after the second return. They say DPD has given them no explanation. They tried to send it once more but cannot (no reason given for this, I guess it's just their policy to try twice and that's it). I don't think I dare to order anything from the UK again, especially if DPD is handling it.

I guess DPD has just categorically decided not to deliver anything to Ireland from the UK and won't give any explanations for it. And they're super hard to contact too! I am so, so very angry right now. This is going to be one heck of a Christmas by the way things are going...

DPD used to be far superior than Fastway. I was always very happy with DPD but they went downhill during 2021. I recommended DPD to a small business owner. Its so sad to see this downfall with DPD. I hope they will pick up in 2022, turn around and improve.

I made an online order to the UK for Black Friday. I got an absolute steal on some items. I was over the moon.

They are being delivered with DPD. I used to buy from the shop pre Brexit and they used to send by mail.

I got tracking last week to say that my item was out for delivery but then it was returned to depot and its been out and floating about ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭I am me123

Ordered a parcel from Amazon from an Irish company, being delivered by DPD couriers.

Got a text earlier from DPD, saying it would be delivered between 2.30pm and 3.30pm today. Was provided with the Driver name.

Its now after 5pm and no sign of my parcel 🙈

Anyone ever experience this & should it take long to arrive?

Thank you. Worried.com

Yes I have. It could go either way, the driver might turn up or then not. I've had deliveries where the guy didn't bother stopping at our house and just labeled it as "not having access to premises" without calling or anything - and we were dead sure no DPD delivery driver was seen anywhere near our door the entire day. Then again we've had a guy arrive about two hours after the delivery window closed, no explanations. The best option is to call the hub if the driver doesn't get there before 6pm or then just call them immediately. Any messages are useless. I've managed to get a delivery that went to the same address as mine but in another area rerouted and delivered the same day when I called the hub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭I am me123

Thanks.

Parcel arrived late last night.

Thanks again.

Advertisement