Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too many people would have to keep it a secret...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

Clearly the latter is a more effective approach, as the number of vast conspiracies detected has gone through the roof in the internet age. Coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,643 ✭✭✭storker

This is what the CT fanboys miss time and time again. Deliberately, I suspect. I don't believe politicians always tell the truth. I'm well aware that governments will happily shaft their populations in many different ways. The problem isn't that CT-sceptics hold governments on such a high pedestal, it's that conspiracy theorists haven't proved their case. At all. And they display very poor critical thinking in the process. If gullibility and poor reasoning bothers them, they should look a bit closer to home.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

No questions for the most rational person in the thread?

I'm not surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,223 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Yes. As I told you. I asked you several you ignored and pretended not to exist.

Because you are now just outright lying about them, I will assume you're conceding them and that my description of why you are avoiding them is accurate.

If my descrpition is not accurate, address the questions please.

I asked you an additional question in that post that you also ignored.

I asked why you were falling back to a strawman argument you know is a strawman.

Again, I'm going to just assume your answer here as well as you're not going to respond to it.

You are falling back to your silly strawman because you have no other rational point.

If this is not the case, address the question please.

Robinph and Dohnjoe have asked you several questions. could you address these now without the dishonest strawmen? Or are you going to pretend these questions don't exist either?

Pretend I'm not the most rational person in this thread.

Ask your questions in a numbered format and I will answer them.

1) Are we on Boards.ie

2) Is today Monday?

et cetera

I'm getting bored of your "he's not an anti-space traveller I've run out of arguments".

All you're doing is pretending to ask questions.

And again, the live debate offer is still open to any of ye.

• Advertisement

Lol you've stopped being any kind of coherent.

You are again ignoring the questions you've been asked because you don't want to answer them.

I have already outlined the questions in direct terms to you.

Numbering them will only give you another opportunity to ignore them.

1. Can you provide a rational hypothetical motive for why the US government would fake the entire space program? Yes or no?
    2. If Yes, what is it?
    3. If no, does this mean that you are arguing that the US government is incapable of acting in an underhanded way? Yes or no?
    4. Why do you keep claiming that people here are arguing that the US government are incapable of bad things?

From the other posters:

1. Can you provide a rational reason for why the US would fake 9/11 and kill their own people? Yes or no?
    2. If yes, what is it?
    3. What is the conspiracy theory you subscribe to?

Watch now as you avoid these questions entirely.

And no dude, no one is going to debate you on your youtube or whatever. On top of being pointless, you've demonstrated that you aren't very honest or rational.

Case in point, we're still trying to get you to understand you're debating against a position that no one holds.

1. I don't dispute the space programme. I love it.

(4) I've literally quoted it in this thread. Someone claimed that the US was incapable of doing bad things because it was on their own citizens.

From other posters...

1. No I don't think 9/11 was faked. I've read The Great War for Civilisation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Nobody claimed that the US was incapable of doing bad things to their own citizens.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It literally isn't.

As I asked previously, is English your first language as you seem to be repeatedly misunderstanding what you are reading?

• Advertisement

You typed the words.

I won't insult you by saying you don't understand English.

Sorry. I went to the bother of numbering out all the questions for you.

if you are going to demand to be spoonfed so completely, at least have the decency to go back and answer them all.

Also I will have to ask you to read the questions more carefully as you seem to have misunderstood them.

I was not asking if you dispute the space program. I asked you if you could hypothetically think of a reason for why it might be faked. It's a yes or no question.

You make a similar misunderstanding with the question about 9/11.

Try answering it again along with the other questions.

Your answer to 4 is also factually incorrect. No one said that.

Are you lying or did you just not understand what he said? Do you not understand what "motive" means and how it is different from "willingness"?

I like how you are now so desperate for a point, you're telling robin what he actually believes.

Hilarious.

Here are the words again, read the line all the way through to the end.

>... nobody can explain why it would happen or any motivation for why a government would want to kill thousands of their own citizens in a fake terrorist attack.

It does not say what you are claiming.

History detects that the US government is very happy to sacrifice American lives. Your words.

But you are misreading what he says completey.

He is not denying this. He is asking what the motivation for killing people is.

This is getting very sad now.

Just cop to having made a mistake. There's no shame in it.

Plenty of shame is acting like the average Trumpist though.

Robinph, lets make this very clear for him.

Do you believe that the US government or any government is capable of killing their own citizens if it suits them?

That's the whole point, create something that can't be proved because People are bought and paid for, they will see people's lives destroyed for money rather than tell the truth, they will rather watch a whistle-blowers life and that of his/her family destroyed for money or they themselves may have their lives threatened.

Truth gets twisted and distorted all the time and the media fed lies and there is no real investigative journalists today that are not biased in one way or another and will rather tell a popular story than one of truth.

If the media is constantly spewing one story every 30 mins on every radio station every day 365 days a year People will believe anything.

We all know politicians will lie about anything to save their own ass and are only there to drag their heals making sure they get their nice big pension at the end.

There you go 2d.

Can't get any clearer than that.

Please stop lying now.

Yes.

58.000 died in Vietnam. Tens of thousands dead in Iraq alone.

• Advertisement

Great. So we can all agree that no one is arguing that the government is not capable of that. Super.

Will you now withdraw your false accusations that people were arguing this?

Will you also go back and answer all of the questions you said you'd answer?

Or are you going to keep dodging?

It was mad how they had building 7 wired for demolition the same day planes went into the twin towers though..

Can we stop accusing people of being liars please..

And what was the motivation for the wars in Vietnam and Iraq. Did they start those wars solely for the purpose of killing off US citizens?

Well we can when folks stop telling fibs like the one you just told there.

If people don't like being called out on their fibs, maybe they shouldn't do it.

But like, Larry Silverstein was on video saying they decided to "pull it" that evening..

You can't just do that..It has to be wired up..

Lol this shite again. Hilarious.

No sorry. It's a lie. The WTC7 building was not demolished.

Larry Silverstein did not say they decided to demolish the building. It makes no sense that he would claim that.

it's a silly childish thing to believe on par with claiming the space program is faked.

This has been explained over and over and over in the 9/11 forum. If you want to discuss the particulars of that lie, there's a bunch of threads on it there. most conspiracy theorists have run away from them though.

It is a great example of why and how the OP's argument is false.

According to conspiracy theorists, WTC7 was rigged to be demolished.

Sometimes it was rigged beforehand, sometimes it was rigged during the day. Sometimes it was rigged with super secret, super advanced nanothermite explosives that explode silently. Sometimes it was destroyed with a space laser.

Whichever version you believe, all of the options necessarily require that 100s if not thousands of people were involved. it would require a huge team of expert demolition engineers who were operating in secret on a project that had never been attempted before or since. It would require teams of experts to develop the plan and the technology to pull it off. It would require teams of agents to keep the whole operation secret. It would require every single expert in the NIST and other organisations to be involved to fake the scientific papers write about WTC7's collapse. it would require an army of admin staff to keep all of this straight and the pay offs continuously going.

And then it would also require several levels of government involved to pull all of that without being noticed.

And depending on which flavour of conspiracy you've swallowed, all the insurence companies and firefighters are also in on it.

And then according to you, the only leak of all of this is when Larry Silverstien ups and confesses on camera to a national TV show?

Again, this kind of theory makes our case for us.

Ah, there's video of him saying it above you there..

Yup. And has had been explained on the 9/11 form, you guys keep misinterpreting what he says.

You also keep ignoring the fact that it make zero sense for him to be confessing there.

This has been done to death. And it's irrelevant to the thread. If you're desperate to discuss the particulars of why that factoid has been debunked, I'd be happy to address it there as it's a very fun one to try and explain.

You also ignore the other point of how your silly conspiracy belief contradicts the op.

How many people do you believe were involved in demolishing WTC7?

Doesn't have to be exact figures. A rough estimate would be fine.

• Advertisement

I don't see how I'm misrepresenting anything..You're the one who apparently has an insight into his psychology and what he actually meant, as opposed to what he just said like..

But yeah, no point, it's an old argument. .

Advertisement