Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Too many people would have to keep it a secret...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

And now, on top of ignoring the very simple questions, you're resorting to insults. Again very very Trumpian.

I will try to simplify it for you.

I ask if you could provide a hypothetical (Which means not real) reason for why the government would want to fake the space program.

It's a yes or no question, but you are not honest enough to just answer it.

I think you agree that there is no rational reason for the government to do this.

The second part in that question is to highlight the dishonest tactic being used by conspiracy theorists and yourself here in this thread.

I asked that if you agree that there's no rational reason for why the government to fake the space program, would it then be fair for other people to then accuse you of saying the government wouldn't fake things?

Again a simple question that you ignore. You ignore it because you know the correct answer undermines your position.

It's obviously not fair to make an accusation like that.

You therefore actually agree with we've been saying. You however didn't realise this at first, and now that my questions made that clear to you, you don't want to cop to being mistaken.

It's the same for the second question.

You falsely accused people here of believing the government was incapable of doing wrong or evil things.

You could only point to one person you believed did this and weren't able to find any other examples.

That person then clarified (though no clarification was needed) and told you you were wrong.

So you have no examples of people claiming the government was incapable of doing wrong or evil things.

Your claim therefore was a lie.

And again, you don't want to admit to this, hence you ignore deflect and now insult.

Can't make it any clearer to you. But I'm sure you'll ignore all this also and probably throw out another insult.

At least don't be as dishonest to repeat the claim that people are arguing the government was incapable of doing wrong or evil things. You know that's not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

Do you believe a version of the flat earth theory? (as we are demanding answers of people)

What's funny is that Operation Northwoods (again a conspiracy that was revealed by the government itself) was designed specifically not to kill any American citizens. It could have easily involved killing people and would have made the whole thing more convincing. Yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,747 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Anyone can cherry-pick history to validate any modern fictitious motive, it's tenuous, lazy stuff.

Most on this forum will know the usual post-WW2/Cold war stuff about the US (Nwoods, Tonkien, MKultra, etc) because they are dredged every time as "evidence" of completely unrelated contrived conspiracies or the "motives" of completely different administrations in the modern era.

It's the equivalent to someone "warning" that Germany could theoretically invade France again because they've done it, twice, in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

For Christ sake, I'm not disputing any of that. Your reading of what I'm saying is literally what you're convicting me of.

As I've said, ask me each conspiracy theory you have and I'll answer it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

Even if this is true, it seems it didn't stay secret even with only SIX people having the info.

Poor Mark Antomy has to explain how none of the thousands of people involved in faking the moon landings and every other element of space exploration, from China, the US, Europe, India, Russia etc. has come forward and admitted it was all nonsense, and despite all the evidence, the world is flat.

You've literally just dismissed the post-WW2/Cold War Stuff as "meh". These are **** meaningful events.

Iraq and Afghanistan alone is within our (young) lifetime. Iraq had ZERO chemical weapons and Bin Laden died a decade ago.

58,000 Americans died over a literal false flag in Vietnam

Your equivalent to Germany is a load of bollocks.

No, you are missing my points entirely.

This thread has so far mentioned the space program being fake, and 9/11 being an inside job. It comes across like you are suggesting that an event like 9/11 being an inside job was possible/plausible because you maintain that US administrations have no issue "killing their own citizens" because of certain Cold War events, correct or no?

Post edited by Dohnjoe on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

... And Bush had only been in power 8 months at the time of 9/11. That's pretty quick to organise and carry out the conspiracy.

Does anyone really think Trump capable of thinking up the idea of a global pandemic? Or that Biden coming in to take over wouldn't notice the conspiracy and have buried Trump and GoP forever?

Or that multiple opposing administrations have all come in and agreed to go along with the fake Nasa plans, yet nobody leaving power has then leaked the details? If it was fake would Trump not have been shouting it from the rooftops just to show that he knew something that others didn't?

• Advertisement

Right. A poster asked why the US government would want to kill 3,000 of it's own citizens, and you responded along the lines of suggesting that wouldn't be an issue for the US government, citing historical examples which had nothing to do with a secret plot to directly kill thousands of Americans as part of some inside job.

The US government has no qualms sending men and women to die in meaningless wars, to this day.

I don't believe 9/11 was an inside job, I merely said that the argument that the American government was unwilling to sacrifice American lives was a piss-poor argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭passatman86

Denver airport - illuminati.... Is it true

Patterson Bigfoot video - come on its bigfoot

No one presented this argument though.

You've admitted this.

Why respond to an argument no one made?

They did though, hence why you are pretending they didn't

I'm not a 9/11 truther and I am pro-vaccine.

Ye are used to dunking on stupid conspiracies but don't know how to handle someone rational like me.

Take your time, I'm in no rush.

My invitation to a live debate is still open. Keep Googling.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

How has sending people off to war got anything to do with the theory that a government would secretly try to kill thousands of their civilian citizens.

The US military is, currently, voluntary. People choose to join, they are trained, they are sent to combat situations with clear instructions on what they are meant to be doing, the leaders hope that most of them come back alive. If the overall aim of the war is legitimate or not is a seperate issue, but the military are not being sent off with their government hoping that they get killed.

A terrorist attack which kills thousands of civilians, and carried out allegedly by their own government, isn't in any way comparable.

No they didn't. You are lying outright now.

It's been explained to you by the person themselves that your representation of their post is incorrect.

I have made several points to you that all outline why your claim is false and dishonest.

No one holds the position you are describing. You've admitted this by ignoring these points.

No one claimed you where a truther or an antivaxxer either. You need to stop inventing positions that no one holds.

And lol. Keep challenging people to debates man. It's really funny.

Many countries have been involved in conflicts and sent people off to war, why does that systematically mean they would no qualms carrying out a treasonous inside plot to kill thousands of their own citizens?

Are you back to attempting to claim that when I said this it that I'm unaware of wars or something?

> ... that nobody can explain why it would happen or any motivation for why a government would want to kill thousands of their own citizens in a fake terrorist attack.

Is English your first language? You seem to be struggling with some basic comprehension of how language works.

Yup. That's the singular example he's using to claim that our argument is that the US government is unwilling to kill people.

It's been explained to him several times. He'll just ignore you if you tell him that isn't your position either.

It's no that he doesn't understand, he's being deliberately dishonest and evasive. Ironically much like the Trumpishs and 9/11 truthers.

• Advertisement

Even the exaggerated character of General Melchet from Blackadder Goes Forth wasn't sending his troops over the top repeatedly for the purpose of killing them. It was just extreme incompetence and lack of any military strategy other than "maybe it will work this time round". The purpose of the action was to attack the enemy and gain ground, the result was mostly death.

For the WTC attack, if carried out by the US government, what was the aim of the attack? You seem to be claiming they were just doing it for the fun of it because you believe that is what governments do.

As I've said before...

Ask me all the questions you want.

I'm watching the Liverpool match, I'll be back after it.

What is the conspiracy theory you subscribe to?

There are individuals who are highly (read: overly) critical of the US gov/foreign policy, and as such they share similar world views to conspiracy theorists who are even more cynical of the US gov, so the two types often end up validating each other.

We've had quite a few posters in here defending Holocaust deniers and 9/11 truthers and Covid deniers only because their world views overlap, not because they support their conspiracies.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

Respect to the posters who are arguing sense here. I’ve been lurking for the past six pages (on mobile) but jaysus ye have some patience.

I am PLEAING for the conspiracy lads to answer the questions posted.

I highlighted 3 for you a few posts back. You pretended to not understand them and ignored them. I then explained them out on complete detail for you and you ignored that also.

You still persist in your false claim however.

Why do you keep claiming that people are arguing that the government isn't capable of bad stuff?

Why do you have to fall back on this strawman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Watergate started and ended with evidence. A real crime was committed. A money trail was followed. People with knowledge of the goings-on talked. It was broken by reviewing documents, interviewing people, and following evidence. It was not cracked by people watching YouTube videos and reading conspiracy websites from their gaming chairs.

Advertisement