Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too many people would have to keep it a secret...

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

What are you on about? X, Y, Z would have to be "in on it". In on what?? I don't think even you know at this stage.

What's stopping you from making a fake video of the ISS passing in front of the moon? What would you have to be "in on" to do this?

Ridiculous.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Why would someone make a fake picture when they could get one of the real thing?

You have claimed that all the pictures ever taken of the ISS passing in front of the moon, or of satellites, are fake. Therfore it is your claim that anyone posting such pictures has created the fake and is also therefore in on the conspiracy to try and trick me into thinking the ISS is real.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Notice also how her has not once actually supplied any reason why anyone would be engaged in such a conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Ok so nobody has any motivation to fake something than to prop up a grand and coordinated conspiracy! They have no interest in clicks or ad revenue, of course.

Go and get me a picture of the ISS passing in front of the moon then if it's so easy.

--------

2 point warning for ignoring previous mod instruction to stop with the ISS questioning

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

But even if you were provided with this, you would declare it was fake. You are declaring that it's easy to fake. Though you will not explain how you know they are fake.

You've been provided plenty of resources to verify the ISS exists. You won't do it however.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Here you go:

Now if you could show evidence for why each of those photos are fake and the reason for each photographer to have gone to the bother of faking their efforts in setting up to get the "real" photos and lie about it when posting online?

There should be time and location stamps available for each picture so that you can show if the weather was clear in that location at the time they claimed to have taken the photo, and also you can check that against the path of the ISS at those locations and times.

Once you've got your proof for those photos all being faked, and by thousands of different people, then come back to us.

I'm absolutely certain we've given you similar links previously, but here is where you can easily search for the timings for ISS and other transits near your location so you can see for yourself:

Let us know how that is faked please.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,015 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

the only poster on here yet to have faked a photo, posted it here and passed it off as real is YOU.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Note how everything is a projection

"NASA fakes everything" - poster who tried to pass off a fake photo here

"Lol the official narrative is a lie" - poster who creates false narratives on the fly

And so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Translation: I don't understand physics, geography or even basic science.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If the only way you will believe something is factual and not faked is literally seeing it with your own eyes, why don't you get a telescope and go and look at it?

It's a bit like Plato's cave. Why not turn around and take a look rather than spending all your time watching silly conspiracy theories dancing on the wall?

The ISS is literally orbiting over your head and visible. Just look up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

He is a spoofer, ignore.

Even if presented with evidence, conspiracy theorists can always invent new excuses. Conspiracy theories, since they are basically just creative writing, don't have to actually make sense or be coherent or plausible. So a light in the sky can be dismissed by dreaming a secret program of high speed, high altitude flights of a secret aircraft that can appear as the shape of the ISS that takes off and overflies places in synch with the predicted and advertised in advance path of the ISS. These flights take off around the clock and all over the world non stop, from presumably secret airbases, and overlap these flights so that there's no gap in the ISS's path. And all of this has been taking place for decades. The purpose for this is to have a back up in place just in case the tiny percentage of special investigators who see through all of their other deceptions want to check if there's something up there.

But jokes on them cause flat earthers won't even do that.

And this is an example of a small contained conspiracy that obviously could be kept quiet.

And their whole vested belief system falls apart?

Not a chance, they'll believe their eyes are lying before having to face being wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭lostboy75

Ah to heck with it, he's convinced me, I think I'll become a 'theorist' for the day.

It's all clearly fake footage and it's all been faked using 'AI' which was actually developed in the 50s. The only other person who knows this is the programmer and, well the AI itself, but the programmer actually has a speech impediment so can't tell anyone about their program and the AI is too busy making the footage or flying the drones with lights to communicate.

Thankfully I figured it all out, you're all welcome. No need to thank me

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Yeah Right

If the only way you will believe something is factual and not faked is literally seeing it with your own eyes, why don't you get a telescope and go and look at it?

Because he's on the fcuking wind-up, that's why. He doesn't believe any of the shite he's posting, he's trolling everyone and looking for a repsonse.

Possibly, but it's been going on for years, so that's real commitment to the bit.

Considering there are entire online communities of people who have beliefs like this I wouldn't be surprised if it's real. "Behind the Curve" on Netflix is a great documentary on all this stuff.

He's not really, though.

He only dips in every now and then to stir the hornet's nest, then goes AWOL for a few months then gets bored and pops back in again. He has no commitment to the stuff he's posting, you can tell he's a relatively* well-educated person, but someone like that would naturally be able to see all the inconsistencies and glaring contradictions in their words and posts.

If he DID believe it was all faked, he'd have a reason why (cickbait is not a valid reason, seeing as there was no such thing in the 1970s through mid-2000s.)

If he DID believe it all, he'd have been asking himself the same questions we're asking him and abandoning his position once it became untenable

IF he WAS so certain that it's all faked, he'd have questions about live sport, weather forecasts, satellite TV, fcukin Skype.......the whole shebang. But he doesn't, because he isn't.

He's literally rattling everyone's cages and laughing at the responses.

*relative to some of the other loolahs you see floating about the place

It's my experience that failing to address inconsistencies and questions and holding an obviously untenable position is a common feature of true believers.

This forum is full of examples of theorists who undoubtedly believe their theory but also can't explain the reasons behind the theory or address the obvious inconsistencies. The fact they can't never seems to shake their faith.

The mistake you are making is assuming that belief in conspiracy theories comes from an honest evaluation of evidence rather than lazy thinking and the buzz of getting secret knowledge other people aren't special enough to know.

It's very hard to distinguish between genuine belief and trolling.

It is also a common feature of those who are pulling your leg. Like you say, it's hard to distinguish between the gullible and the mischievous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

It's sad if someone is so wedded to their (erroneous) beliefs that they refuse to consider any alternative or even to test said beliefs (e.g. by looking up at the sky at the right time).

It's much, much sadder if someone is pretending that this is the case over several years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭crusd

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭crusd

"Quick someone has searched when ISS passing the moon will be visible from Termonfeckin, send up the weather balloon!"

According to this thread, here's the logic

"The ISS can be seen with the naked eye"

-"Lol no, that's just a light"

"Right, but what's making the light?"

-"Lol, could be anything, whatever"

At this stage, I am fairly convinced that if you took one of these people into space, let them experience zero-g, showed them rockets working in a vacuum, showed them around the ISS - they would still deny it "Lol, I was drugged, lol it never happened, lol MK Ultra". Etc.

Advertisement